i2157.jpg

1973 Triumph GT6 MKIII

General Description

This was last year of a car built and introduced the same year as the Porsche 911. It was based on a design engineered by Giovanni Michelotti (Triumph House Head) as a GT version of the Spitfire. It was built to compete on the same level as the 911 and in 1969 and 1970 it won Lemans and in 1971, Porsche beat Triumph and from then on continued to win. This car has been dead on reliable and has never gave me trouble.

Considering I never pay near value for anything, EVER, it was amazing I was able to find a sports car in any condition. This car was $440 on May 14th, 2005. It was in its current cosmetic state because it had been cosmetically restored but no one ever got around to the mechanicals. The car even had everything mechanically unmodified and original. It only had 52,000 verified original miles!

The GT6 took two weeks to get mechanically sound. It is some of the most fun I've ever had driving. It drives like a Go-cart on steroids. It's clearance is 4 inches and the highest point on the car is 3'11" off the ground.

Luckily I only have a total of about $1800 including purchase price to create a $8000 car!

I hope someone else here has my luck. I want it to spread around.

Comments

Item information

Category
LVC Member Photos
Added by
TriumphGT6
Views
Comments
Last update

More in LVC Member Photos

More from TriumphGT6

Share this item