thaywood
Reactions

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Showcase items About

• I'm a happy guy! Found a great girl and we've been hitting it off very nicely! It's a great feeling!
    Thanks for stopping by and saying 'hi'! it's a big weekend from us crazies over here. We're heading to L.A. tomorrow morning for two end-of-season car shows, one of which is an all Ford show. Could possibly be as many as ten of us on Sunday. Woohoo! Really good times. Hope you are doing well. :D
    Well time for an update. The '96 Cobra is back on the road. New computer, cats, and clutch. The '95 Mark is going strong. Took the true duals off the LSC and put it on the '95. She's running nicely. The Exploder is driveable but still needs an alignment and a d/s front fender. The wife and I were talking about getting back together, but I don't think that's going to happen now. I'm still healing up from my surgery and still having some aches and pains every now and then. But overall I'm doing much better.
    Cobra is still in the shop. They called yesterday and said the FP was only putting out 16psi. I don't get that because it's a new FP only 6 months old and it had 47psi when I checked it. So I'm taking the original FP to them to put back in it. Also the battery is dead. I don't get that either. It's a new battery. Something is draining it. It's just one thing after another. Dangit.
    Getting so damn tired of this rain!!!!! Haven't been able to get a fargin' thing done to the car. And I've got my surgery scheduled for September 23rd. I'll be out of work for a good month. Not looking forward to this at all.
    Thanks for the compliments, Sir. You hang in there with all of your crazy stuff and Godspeed on healing. You are in my prayers.
    Gaaaaah! The Cobra died again. It's blowing chunks of melted catalytic converter out the tail pipes. And I found out I have prostate cancer and will have to have surgery. It's just one thing after another...
    Haven't had a lot of time to work on the Mark lately. Too much rain and other stuff going on. But I did get the new spark plug wires installed. Didn't help a lot. Still runs a little rough and idles slow. But when it gets going it's a rocket! Still gotta change out the exhaust and air springs. Also going to change out the compressor and all height sensors with the other car. I'm also planning to take the IAC and TPS from the '97 and put them on the '95 to see if that makes any difference in the way it runs.
    Drove the '95 to work today. She's still running a little rough. I need some spark plug wires. The tranny has a bit of a shudder too. I'll need to change the fluid and filter and do the 1-2 piston upgrade soon. Gonna get the exhaust and rear air springs changed out this weekend. Also planning to put my DVD head unit in and do some cleaning and repair of the leather. I'll need to redo the headliner soon too. She's a good car but still needs some TLC. When I'm done she'll be great!
    Perhaps it's just better if I post this here. That way you can enjoy it without having to go and dig around. I hope this cheers you up, Sir.

May the wind be at your back from here on out.

Got a call from the stealership about the Cobra. They said after installing the new PCM the car would start and run but it wouldn't idle. Thay said that if you keep your foot on the gas it would run fine but as soon as you let off the gas it would die. Sounds like the IAC. We'll see.
    Took the Cobra to the stealership last week. Waiting to see what the damage is going to be. Can't wait....
    Thanks! I always do something little to help my sweetie look better if I'm not doing something major. The little things seem to be adding up. Thanks for the compliment!!! Love your model pic up there ^^^. COOL. :D
    Still haven't got the Cobra fixed yet. The future ex is still driving my Mark VIII. The Exploder is still sitting. And I'm getting more frustrated by the minute. I need scotch...
    Wifey is still driving my Mark. Gonna get the Exploder back on the road Friday if all goes well. Now the future ex wants to try to work things out and get back together. I guess she figured out the grass ain't so much greener on the other side after all. But I'm not so sure I want to try. Lots of things are gonna have to change if she expects me to give her another chance. We shall see...
    Well, it seems the Cobra may have a bad CCRM. It's the same thing as the VRCM on the Mark VIII. I hope that's all it is and not the ECM. Man, that car is pissing me off. And I got a steering gear box for the Exploder from my local salvage yard yesterday. I'll have it fixed Friday. Hopefully...
    Got my OFA Tuesdsy. I'll have my Hot Rod Lincoln back on the road again tomorrow if all goes according to plan. I can't wait!!!
    Replaced fuel pump and fuel filter on the Cobra but it still didn't start. Looks like the crank position sensor. I'll put one of those in on Saturday and hope it does the trick.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back