thaywood
Reactions

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Showcase items About

• Fuel pump died on the Cobra. Waiting for the future ex to order a new one and I guess I'll install it. She's driving the Exploder now and she wants to buy it from me since she knows when she moves out she won't be taking it with her. But I'm not selling. I love my Exploder and I always regret selling my vehicles later so I'm not selling that one dammit! She'll just have to deal with it. If the Cobra breaks again after we're done, she'll just have to borrow her BF's car...
    All four power windows are now fully operational on the Exploder. Also spent the better part of Sunday afternoon vigorously cleaning the interior to get the damned cigarrette smell out of it. My stepson and his friends like to smoke in my damn Explorer for some reason even after I have told him 12 million times not to. So this time I told him that if I smell it again, he'll never be allowed to drive it again. I'm tired of it. I don't smoke in my vehicles and I expect that same respect from people who borrow my vehicles. Is that too much to ask?
    Brand new grade 9 bolts installed in the lower control arm shock mounts in the rear of the Mark. Everything's back to normal. Now I need front sway bar links to hopefully get rid of the annoying rattle up front.
    Well. Broke the rear lower shock mount on the passenger side. Hit a pothole so dang hard that it literally pulled the bolt out of the nut! Threads are ruined and now I've got to get a new bolt, nut, and washers.
    Oh well. Scratch that. Doesn't look like it's gonna work with the hottie from my past :(
    Went out on a date last night! With a girl I haven't seen in 20 years! Had a good time. Don't know where it's going to go from here, but I'm definitely going to enjoy the ride. :D
    I'm getting kinda depressed :( It's been almost 12 years since I was single. And I am having a hard time dealing with this. I hate coming home to an empty house. I hate not having a female companion that I can talk to and do things with. This just isn't right. I'm not set up to be by myself. I don't work like that. And I have no idea what to do from here. I don't have the time or money to go out. Ugh. Life sort of sucks.
    There have been new developments in my separation/divorce. Without going into too much detail, let's just say that my wife hasn't been entirely faithful. I've been the loyal, trusting, dutiful husband all this time and she's had the wool pulled over my eyes. I was too blinded by love and devotion to see what she was doing. Well, it's all over now. The shyte is about to hit the fan.
    Gonna get some brushed alluminum vinyl wrap off fleabay and do some interior work on the Mark. I'm going to wrap the center stack bezel and possibly the center horizontal instrument panel trim all the way across the dash. As well as the wood on the door panels and power window switch panels. Should look interesting. We'll see.
    Well, still having the intermittent traction control issue. Traction control will engage randomly for no reason. I was hoping it was due to a slack rear tire on the d/s but that didn't fix it. It started when I put a set of used P225/60R16 tires on it a few weeks ago. Before that I had P245/50R16's all the way around and never had this issue. I don't understand it. But I'm going to pull the wheels off and clean the ABS sensors and rotate the tires around this weekend and see if that makes a difference.
    Happy New Year! Well, I got to ring in the new year with my kids :) Unfortunately, I had to take them to their mom's yesterday. Even more unfortunately, I don't think I'm gonna get to see them again until next Tuesday :( This fuggin divorce is horrible...
    Well. Update on the divorce:( Looks like I'm going to get to keep my house:wrench And my future ex-wife's attorney told her that she would have to pay ME child support!! She didn't like that. But I'm not going to ask her for that. So we now have an agreement that in order to satisfy the one-year separation requirement for NC divorce, and since she can't have my house per NC GS 50-20 section 4, I will move to my grandmother's house until she can find another place to live. Then I'll move back home. When the year is up, we will have been living separate and apart for one year and the divorce will be final. We have joint custody of our two kids also, which is nice. Anyhoo, that's it for now.
    Replaced the #1 coil and she's purring like a kitten now. I had to leave the Mark at home today so I could drive mom's Cougar back and park it at grandma's and take the Exploder home.
    Well. Got the Mark aligned but had to take it back because they didn't do it right. Anyhoo, it's right now but it has developed a misfire on the #1 cylinder. Replaced all 8 spark plugs last night to no avail. Looks like a coil. So she's sittin' again :(
    Cobra's all fixed up and back to its former glory. Lookin' better than ever! And the Mark will go to the shop Monday morning for a 4-wheel alignment and she'll be back on the road again! I miss my Mark! Too bad I'll have to say goodbye to the Cougar. I love driving that car.
    Just dropped off the Cobra at the body shop today. They said it should be done by Wednesday. And the hood that they got from AmericanMuscle.com was damaged in the box so they are going to send it back and fix the hood that's on the car. That'll save me another $200 bucks or so. It's looking like I'm gonna get several hundered bucks back from this deal:)
    The Exploder is back on the road again. I think I've got the front wheel fixed. We'll see. Drove it to work today with no issues except what felt like slightly warped rotors. That'll have to wait though.
    Well, almost got the Mark ready for an alignment and back on the road yesterday. Unfortunately, when I opened the box to get the p/s LCA out to install it, it turned out to be another d/s arm...grrr... So now I've got to send it back to Amazon and order a p/s LCA. So at least two more weeks before I can get the ol' girl back on the road again...:(
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back