My Bassani Hybrid Exhaust

Read your original post at the beginning, did not realize you opted for Stainless tubing, that is 3 times the price of the regular pipe. Very good tubing also, I think it is 14 gauge, very thick and heavy, it will outlast your car. I did my brothers 92 mustang flow tubes with the stainless at his shop one day and he was pissed because I thought I was using the regular pipe. He gets the polished stainless also which I used to use to make the Mark VII tails to look like the fox body LX polished tails.

yea i wanted the regular pipe to keep my costs down, but unfortunately he didn't have enough...i guess if i ever sell my LS the exhaust will still be good and i could try to resell it.

Looks great and sounds great!

My setup is basically the same as your old setup. I had regular pipe added in place of the resonators and left the rest of the factory pipe alone. patched the xpipe in place of the factory 3rd cat. If i get the polished mufflers ill get new pipe to the mufflers this time.

Doesnt snow down here so i dont care for stainless.

Same setup as mine cept for muffler. The tips seem to be mounted higher then mine, have any pictures of them from standing height?

Where did your "LINCOLN" go?

Don't think anyone can disagree, this one, and anyone else with this set up is one nice sounding LS!

Sorry guys got delayed taking care of some things for my classes...and to make things work i got notice from my school that it was time to return the HD camera lol

anyway, ill have to just use my old trusty camcorder...ill try to have a comparison video (like Alex) up tonight.

iPhone does HD video? If yours is an old one, upgrade it :D

I agree with everyone else. Sounds great! Sounds alot meaner than Magnmaflows. I am not totally happy with my Magnaflows and I will be doing Bassani's also. Maybe this winter when I am doing all the body work.

sounds and looks great. we need to talk and see if we cant get our hands on a silver set of barcelonas.

yea i wanted the regular pipe to keep my costs down, but unfortunately he didn't have enough...i guess if i ever sell my LS the exhaust will still be good and i could try to resell it.

I wish I woulda known that before I went to get mine done today. Damn that stuff's expensive. lol Even still, he didn't drag me over the coals with all the work he had to do to make true duals fit my car.

And just to compare, but the Magnaflows I put on my car make it sound like a euro super car now. lol No replacement for displacement! I think that's the problem with Magnaflows on the LS, just too small of a motor.

MORE VIDS STAT :D

What do you mean by hybrid exhaust, that you used magnaflow x-pipe and tips with bassani mufflers?

Ok here it is

Sorry its crappy lol again only used Windows movie maker, and i :q:q:q:qed up the audio in several places, oh and btw read the description i misspelled throttle several times, caught it too late. ill fix it later.

I'm starting to get a bit disappointed that it doesn't quite sound like what i thought it would...hopefully once it breaks it.

I'm also getting a slight vibration at low rpms in higher gears, maybe the mufflers are touching somewhere? idk

03 LS V8 with Custom Bassani Exhaust.wmv - YouTube

Maybe I need to get the race mufflers to see if those have a better tone.

I want to lower my car but there's some really steep driveways here I need to clear...hmmm.

Wow... that kicks my magnaflow's ass.

That sounds great, and yea your engine is def rocking a high pitched tone, but it almost sounds like it has a supercharger or something.

What dont you like about it? Tone? Volume?

It sounds great to me, pretty freaken sick! It does sound a little different than mine though. Maybe its the configuration, someone told me it affected the volume/tone a little, who knows if it's true.

Members online

Back