'06 LS, 73K, Elite package - $4500

twinbopilot

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Its in Dallas, and its my car. I would give an LVCer a discount if you want to tackle this challenge. Somebody who already has a spare motor could really make out like a bandit on this one!

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/2981167905.html

2e669b90a69641060029_2.jpg

Last edited:
Craigslist is very picky with their rules, they do not like multiple postings in one day, or link backs. Sometimes they flag that type of stuff

the company I am at offer our clients a built in tool to post listings to craigslist and ran into all sorts of issues when they changes their rules.

I reposted it so hopefully it will stay up. It needs a motor and some other minor things. Ford verified all computer modules to be functional. New ECU has been installed.

The car is described as a flood car in the post on CL - I'm trying to put anything past anyone.

Joegr, you are being a bit of a** - you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but the car will sell for close to what I'm asking - just obviously not to you. My wife currently drives a 2001 Continental that was a flood car - we saved tons of money on it and it has been giving us great service for several years now.

The car is a great opportunity for someone, it looks great as you can see from the photos. If you click on the pic in the first link, it will take you to a photo album.

Anybody want to place a bet on what it sells for???

Already have a potential buyer who wants to see the car. After just 30 minutes of the ad being up!

The car was wrecked from the front too it looks like.

The hood doesnt line up correctly and the front bumper is slightly off.

Hoepfully you can sell it but you got screwed. I would never buy a car without at least turning it on.

Here is the text of the ad:

Up for grabs is a beautiful 2006 Lincoln LS V-8 with only 73K miles! Current Kelly Blue Book on this car is about $12,000 on a private party sale, and over $14,000 from a dealer!

So here's a chance to have a $12-14,000 car for about $6500 (after repairs - the selling price is $4500).

No lowballers, don't waste your time or mine. I know what this car is worth, especially in this good condition.

This is the top of the line "Elite" package, with heated and air-conditioned seats, moonroof, premium sound with 6-disc CD player, Advance-Trac, premium wheels, keyless entry, memory seats, memory steering wheel, and memory mirrors, and much more. Tires are in excellent condition. Moonroof and windows work perfectly, and the stereo system sounds great!

Body and interior are both in excellent condition (There is one small ding on the hood, you'll see it in a close-up picture, but its pretty minor).

Why is the car so inexpensive? Two reasons - 1. It needs a motor (there's one available locally for $800 with a warranty, expect to pay about $500 to have it installed), and 2. Its a salvage title.

This was a flood car, hence the salvage title. All electronics have been tested and replaced where required, including the Engine Control Unit (ECU). The car was connected to a Ford computer and the new ECU was unlocked and programmed. There are no electrical or computer issues with the vehicle. All computer modules are properly communicating. This is the most important thing to know on a flood car - it tells you there are no wiring issues.

So what all does it need besides a motor? Here's what I know for sure:

1. The power seat tracks, both driver and passenger, need to be replaced because they don't move. Water probably ruined the motors.

2. Fan blower motor

3. Battery`- I can put one in it for you to test things out, but you'll need to buy a new one.

Whats been replaced so far? All the fluids, all the coil packs, new plugs, new filters, (I'd save them and put them on the new motor), new starter, ECU, and more.

Why am I selling it? Because when I bought it, the seller didn't disclose to me that the car had a bad motor. He said it only needed the electronics repaired. Well I fixed all the electronics, and was excited to crank up the car and drive it, then I was crushed to find out about the motor. The motor won't turn over, its as if its locked up. I spent all my budget on the electronic repairs, and now I'm out of funds. I am extremely disappointed to say the least, but at this point I just want to recover my investment.

Please email me AND INCLUDE YOUR PHONE NUMBER - this way I'll know you are not a scammer in West Africa. If you would rather call or text, my cell is 214-233-5016

You won't find another opportunity like this one again anytime soon!

Well, since you've already given me the label, I might as well live up to it. That's still false advertising. You do not have the elite package. On the 2006 model, the elite package included THX navigation.

The testing that you describe, in no way verifies that all of the remaining electronics work correctly, or that they won't fail in a few months.

I'm not against you or picking at you. I'm just giving a warning based on many, many years of experience.

An example sticker is attached.
Elite added wheels, AdvanceTrac, HIDs, and THX Nav.

Elite.jpg

Well, since you've already given me the label, I might as well live up to it. That's still false advertising. You do not have the elite package. On the 2006 model, the elite package included THX navigation.

The testing that you describe, in no way verifies that all of the remaining electronics work correctly, or that they won't fail in a few months.

I'm not against you or picking at you. I'm just giving a warning based on many, many years of experience.

I noticed this as well, also missing at least the back-up sensors. Good luck on the sale to the OP though. Another option if you cannot sell the whole thing is to part it out.

Parting it out you could make some decent money.

Basically anything thats not electrical should be good to sell. The seats covers should even still be good.

Thanks for the correction on the Elite Package. I will correct the ad if it stays up long enough to be corrected! I thought because it had the LSE style foglamps, it was an elite. Did all 2006 models have LSE styling???

Thanks for the correction on the Elite Package. I will correct the ad if it stays up long enough to be corrected! I thought because it had the LSE style foglamps, it was an elite. Did all 2006 models have LSE styling???

They have the bumper, not the tails.

LSE is an appearance package and all 06 have the package but they dont have the lip spoiler/tails. And they arent called LSE.

all that i'm saying is that if you DO part it out, or hell if the buyer (if bought from someone here) parts it out, let me know. i just need a piece of the center console's lid (or maybe the whole lid)

*dibs*

That front bumper is totally screwed, looks like someone ran into a curb or parking stop.

lower chrom trim is broken, and the entire thing is bent in towards the bottom - also it is no longer hanging on the tabs where it meets below the headlights and grill anymore. Hence why you can see the lip under the hood.

Also the hood is misaligned.

This thing needs to be parted for sure.

Wreck or front-end damage + flood... No offense but anyone paying over a grand is getting hosed.

all that i'm saying is that if you DO part it out, or hell if the buyer (if bought from someone here) parts it out, let me know. i just need a piece of the center console's lid (or maybe the whole lid)

*dibs*

Is it the little latch peg thingy that snapped off? I had that happen to mine and managed to fix it.

^ ...yes, maybe a lil harsh...but its the truth...sorry :(

So this is the flood car. Sorry, I wouldn't consider it a good deal at anything much over $100.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=82550

^ this explains the rusty speaker grilles

I reposted it so hopefully it will stay up. It needs a motor and some other minor things. Ford verified all computer modules to be functional. New ECU has been installed.

The car is described as a flood car in the post on CL - I'm trying to put anything past anyone.

Joegr, you are being a bit of a** - you are certainly entitled to your opinion, but the car will sell for close to what I'm asking - just obviously not to you. My wife currently drives a 2001 Continental that was a flood car - we saved tons of money on it and it has been giving us great service for several years now.

The car is a great opportunity for someone, it looks great as you can see from the photos. If you click on the pic in the first link, it will take you to a photo album.

Anybody want to place a bet on what it sells for???

^ ...just my $.02... but these cars have enough weird problems without any major complications - i.e....being under water... i bet $2500....but i wish you luck...maybe youll find some idiot who thinks $5000 is a great deal, and in that case...i wish him/her even more luck lol

yea umm...this car has no elite package...your missing chrome wheels, navagation, parking sensors, rear heated seats, power pedal adjustment....but it might have the premium package since it has the woodgrain, the perforated seats, the adjustable rear headrests and the folding mirrors. just FYI

Parting it out you could make some decent money.

Basically anything thats not electrical should be good to sell. The seats covers should even still be good.

^ best idea yet

LSE is an appearance package and all 06 have the package but they dont have the lip spoiler/tails. And they arent called LSE.

+1...see above^

...yea umm...this car has no elite package...your missing chrome wheels, navagation, parking sensors, rear heated seats, power pedal adjustment....but it might have the premium package since it has the woodgrain, the perforated seats, the adjustable rear headrests and the folding mirrors. just FYI...

For the 06 model year, parking sensors, rear heated seats, power pedals, and side curtain air bags were not included in the elite package and had to be ordered separately. (however, he is missing the stuff that was in the elite package.)

For the 06 model year, parking sensors, rear heated seats, power pedals, and side curtain air bags were not included in the elite package and had to be ordered separately. (however, he is missing the stuff that was in the elite package.)

^ good point... i was just mentioning the stuff he didnt have, from what i could see (i cant tell about the HIDs, advancetrac, or side curtain airbags from the pics)... and i believe the "Elite" package only specifically includes the advancetrac, navigation, chrome wheels, and HID headlamps...is this correct?

^ good point... i was just mentioning the stuff he didnt have, from what i could see (i cant tell about the HIDs, advancetrac, or side curtain airbags from the pics)... and i believe the "Elite" package only specifically includes the advancetrac, navigation, chrome wheels, and HID headlamps...is this correct?

If it has HID's, it is missing the yellow stickers on top of the headlamps.

Members online

No members online now.
Back