Since a few of you were buggin' me..

Gotta say, when I said that in the future if I was up for a new addition that I would only buy American, I might be adding BMW and Mercedes to the list. Can thank TopGear for that. I've noticed since owning my LS that I've noticed more LS's, just kinda catch your eye easier.

Not to step on anyone's toes but isn't it Bimmer not Beamer. Only reason I say this is because I was confused on the difference and looked it up. Turns out that Beamers (motorcycles) was where BMW was born, when they came out with the cars, they had to get a different nickname at the track, so they simply called them Bimmers. *Cool Story Bro*

Nice looking ride. Like the exhaust set-up and the rear spoiler.

All i gotta say is that the LS is a copy of a BMW.

Anyone can hate on them but the fact is that they are very well made and beautiful machines with exceptional handling and performance. Yes theres tons of base model 3's on the road but this isnt one of them.

I would LOVE to own an M5. If i had a bimmer i would set it up like this:

2zqd0ep.jpg

Awesome car, cant wait to drive it :) Will give food for a drive :)
And that exhaust sounds like mine, one day I will get a good clip of mine, maybe my Thunderbolt can record better than last POS phone I had.

saw your sig the other day, glad u got rid of the 300, didnt fit ya.

how ya been man? gotta bring that down to one of the tracks one of these days, sick car.

Post a pic of the air diffuser, they are bad ass. One of these days im gonna fab one for the VIII but i got a baby boy on the way, so that can wait. ;)

hope all is well with ya, looks like it :D

MassiveErection-e1307647953355.jpg

Honestly beautiful car man. Congrats!

Must be you're talkin' about the blonde!:D (But a bimmer IS a nice car!)

I'd have shrugged my shoulders and gone on to the next post, but all the comments here and I just had to put my two cents worth in.

A friend decided he just HAD to have a bimmer and bought a used 'M'. We went out for a ride and it went very nicely and rode well. About four months later so many things were wrong with it that it was undrivable and he ultimately sold it to someone who had the wallet to keep up with it.

My LS, bought new, was somewhat above the average in $ to purchase in the first place, and its idiosyncrasies are well known here. But I feel that it's easier to deal with than the 'M' was, and I certainly don't give the bim an edge in either 'go fast' or handling over my LS. And as was said above, this IS an LVC forum. Have I been around long enough to say so?:rolleyes:

KS

sweet @$$ car NYC!!!

no disrespect to anyone on here, but who cares that much if its the lincoln side of the forum? imo, lvc is gettin old with the same ol same ol. simply dont click the link if its bothering you that a bmw owner is posting on lvc...

dont mind me, just thinkin out loud

Last edited:
Definitely a slick car. I Like the color combination. It doesn't look like Lincoln will be making anything to compete with it, at least anytime in the near future.

dNYCE, I agree with you. Most of the problems have been figured out so I'm only on here to really shoot the :q:q:q:q with people who have the same interest in cars as I do. A lot of threads are "hey check out what I've done" outside of the n00b coil threads.

550s are rare! Nice ride! Engineering on 550 light years ahead of any SRT-8. That will change now that FIAT is making SRT a separate sub-division. Look @ the new VIPER!

As I have said before, nice upgrade there Tommy! The 550 is a helluva choice.
The wife has been wanting a BMW for years and will probably end up getting one in the next year or two...but nothing like yours! :cool:

blah blah blah

not a "real" big fan cuz I see way too many Beemers out there.

blah blah blah

Beemer = motorcycle
Bimmer = automobile

I was another guy asking him to make this post. Thank you NYC! That is a beautiful car. Love the M5 stuff on it and I am glad you are switching to the dual exhaust set-up.

To all who wonder if the BMW handles as good as an LS, read Car & Driver, Road & Track, Automobile etc. BMW is the standard that all other sports sedans are measured against when considering handling (even Benz, Audi). That is why it was such a big deal that the LS could actually compete with the 5 Series back in 2000. So I would venture to say yes a BMW handles better than an LS considering the LS was running on very minor changes since 1999 when they started being produced (as 2000 models) and BMW has upgraded it's 5 Series many times since then. Heck they are on their third completely new body style since 2000.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Definitely a nice ride and not something I see around often. Tons of 528s around here, but not many 550s.

And as far as mods, give me a bit for the parts to show up. I've only had the car two weeks. lol

So you don't have pictures of a car that isn't "technically" and M sport...................HHmmmm

Huh?

Wow just over 30k miles. Barely broken in. My girls 05 touring has 127k on it. Still runs great.

Interior makes some noise though and the steering wheel and plastic pieces and seat are worn.

Nice ride, good luck with it. And in my opinion, anyone who moves on in car life to another brand or model, and still wants to check in here is more than welcome. I actually find it an honorable thing to do, in fact. So thanks for sharing!

Very nice car, but your new signature fills 100% of my tablet's screen :eek:

Congrats on the new car - very nice!

I actually had a '95 530 when I first saw the LS at an auto show in '99 and couldn't wait til they came out.... They advertised these cars like crazy for the year leading up to production and then I never saw another ad or even a commercial for one. It seemed like they just lost interest

But oh yeah, back to your 550 - great choice! I'm sure you'll love it

I gotta agree with others. I rarely see 550's while driving. Bmw had the sick M series setup at the auto show, definitely staying in the right direction.

Members online

Back