Spare Tire Cover / Battery Door Mod

i cheaped out on mine... With my box taking up half... I just cut into the plastic far enough for the plastic to bend giving it a new hinge point right infront of the box lip... it worked well

i cheaped out on mine... With my box taking up half... I just cut into the plastic far enough for the plastic to bend giving it a new hinge point right infront of the box lip... it worked well

It sounds as if a few of us have made this mod. Cool to hear.

Mine's set up just like rollin's. I made a box that holds my two amps right on top the spare. Easy to remove the amps to get to the spare in case of a flat.

Eventually I will make a full thread. But in the meantime, the Zex Traction Window was installed today. Who said the CD Changer in the Glove Compartment was a waste? LOL. Still on pace to be completely stealth within the confines of the interior.

The pod for the switches is about complete and should be installed Tuesday along with the final pics of the Spare Tire Cover with Battery door.

Traction Window.jpg

Traction Window2.jpg

First of all cool mod!

And i have to say it again...i LOVE your single din setup with dedicated EQ. Has that old school feel to it but still modern.

And LOL at the cd changer...that thing takes up all the space in the glove compartment but at least you found a good use for it.

Oh and you should pick up a wooden shift knob.

And i have to say it again...i LOVE your single din setup with dedicated EQ. Has that old school feel to it but still modern.

is that even an EQ? it looks like it only has three knobs and three buttons.:confused:

Audio Control Epic 160. I have an Audio Control EQL in the trunk. Head unit is a Kenwood.

Eventually I will make a full thread. But in the meantime, the Zex Traction Window was installed today. Who said the CD Changer in the Glove Compartment was a waste? LOL. Still on pace to be completely stealth within the confines of the interior.

The pod for the switches is about complete and should be installed Tuesday along with the final pics of the Spare Tire Cover with Battery door.

Well done! I'll be looking forward to your report on function!

And at least you have a usable glove compartment. The 'A' pillar pipe for my roll-cage is located in such a way that the door has no room to open. Some one of these days I'll re-do the hinge so as to be able to detach the door when the latch is operated. Just one of the many things that need to be done. I just finally installed the seal/grommet around the main electric disconnect pull-rod. I've had that grommet for better than two years and just did the work yesterday.

KS

Thanks Hite. Just trying to keep it clean and have my interior remain looking relatively oem.

Oh and you should pick up a wooden shift knob.

Often pondered getting a wooden shift knob but then wondered if I was going to need to buy a wood covered dccu as well as a steering wheel with wood inserts. Did not want to "over wood". LOL.

Thoughts?

Often pondered getting a wooden shift knob but then wondered if I was going to need to buy a wood covered dccu as well as a steering wheel with wood inserts. Did not want to "over wood". LOL.

Thoughts?

I have the wood shift knob and steering wheel. Love them. Gives the LS a nice "classic" look and feel.

This mod should have been done over a month ago but I lost time while having 2 of my newly refinished wheels refinished over. Don't ask...but I will say my tire guy is a stand up individual. :) Unfortunately, it also kept me from attending the National meet.

Anyway, better late than never.....so here you go.

Trunk1.jpg

Trunk2.jpg

Trunk3.jpg

Trunk4.jpg

Sick! I think I will have to do this same thing. Great work!

Thanks Alax. It works exactly as it looks. Very functional mod to make.

I will be doing the same Marc, without the NOS tho. Not all of us can afford a brand spankin new engine to put a bottle on:D

I was hoping you would like it Hite. As far as the engine, 4500 miles so far and loving it.

Smh moment of the week. I went to go put the floating charger on the LS a few days ago since the weather here is going to be rainy and cold til Friday(I try not to drive it in inclement weather unless caught out in it). Anyway, my forgetful self immediately reached to start removing the nitrous bottle to gain access when it hit me that I no longer have to do any of that. Honestly, it is the first time I had an opportunity to use the fabrication and forgot it was there.

I will say that it was extremely nice not having to disconnect everything and remove the sub enclosure. Connected the floating charger in a matter of seconds and went on about my day.

Very handy indeed.

Staff online

Members online

Back