Hesitation when pressing the pedal

Juufro413

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Title pretty much says it all. there's not an extreme amount of hesitation when i press the pedal and the car actually goes, but its definitely enough to notice it and its really annoying cause it jerks the whole car forward. Ive been asking around and people have been saying to clean my MAF and intake. Any thoughts or suggestions?? Thanks a lot!

i had the same problem when my shift solenoid pack went out in the tranny.. it had a big hesitation when i would take off.. i would have to give it like 40-50 trottle to get it going..

mine through a code tho and the check tranny light came on.. But yea that sounds like a good idea about cleaning the MAF sensor..

Check coils and spark plugs...VERY common problem on the LS

It would be helpfully if you gave more information on what LS you have, V8/V6, and year.

Its a v8 2003 coils were done about a year ago, and I replaced the tranny solenoid last month, shifts beautifully.

The LS hesitates off the line...its normal actually. Its a drive by wire car (gen II) so you arent pulling a cable when you push the gas pedal, youre telling the computer how much throttle and it responds to it.

the car hesitates (delay from foot to movement) or the engine hesitates ( misfires) ?

the car hesitates (delay from foot to movement) or the engine hesitates ( misfires) ?

it hesitates from pressing the gas pedal to actual movement, i dont think its miss firing because theres no codes ive checked.

coils and plugs or just coils? why did you change the coils?

i had just the coils changed cause you could feel it misfiring and i was getting misfiring codes, i dont think that they changed to plugs when they did the coils

it hesitates from pressing the gas pedal to actual movement,
TBW cars usually have a delay, this is normal if it happens every single time.

i dont think its miss firing because theres no codes ive checked.
if this is your only reason to think that your coils are good, then they probably are bad, marginally failing coils rarely ever throw codes.

Members online

Back