p1299 code

M

malibu

hi everyone. I just bought a 2000 lincoln ls. it has 134000 miles. It got hot and threw a p1299 code. The dash screen said engine power reduced or something like that. i shut it off waited a bit started it back up and it went to the normal temp. it has always went to half on the gauge. when it was hot it went up to H. i have looked for the answer and keep getting different answers. my fan moves freely and is full of hydrolic fluid. the waterpump was making a bearing noise so bought a new one and a new thermostat. could that be the problem? any help is appreciated!

I'm sorry, there's too much good information on this forum about your exact problem for me to try and repeat it. Read the stickys and search for overheat. Once you've tested for the common issues, you can come back and ask better questions and get useful answers.

it is either the dccv. Also check the fuse box under the hood. see if fuse #1 is blown. check the aux coolant pump if it is a gen 1 v8. mine was burnt at the connector. replace parts bleed system and test.

thanks for the help. I replaced the waterpump and thermostat today. the bearing noise that soundedlike the waterpump is not a prominant now. not sure what it is. Im still trying to get the air out of the system. The heat blows cold until i get up to speed or hold the rpm. the fuse for the dccv is good. could the air in the system be causing the problem? it also died once but i started it up right afterwards and stayed running. Again, thank you for all the help!

still not fixed. overheated again and reduced engine power. could the air in the sytem make the dccv act up?

it is either the dccv. Also check the fuse box under the hood. see if fuse #1 is blown. check the aux coolant pump if it is a gen 1 v8. mine was burnt at the connector. replace parts bleed system and test.

oh yea, do you see a lot of LSs overheat because the DCCV goes bad? thats a new one to me i guess...

oh yea, do you see a lot of LSs overheat because the DCCV goes bad? thats a new one to me i guess...

A bad DCCV can only cause overheating if it is leaking. (Unfortunately, not an uncommon failure mode of the DCCV.)

thank you for the help. i had to just bleed the rest of the air out. sorry it took so long to write back. this thread wouldnt let me post for a few days.

Members online

No members online now.
Back