Blk_lights.jpg

Wires.jpg

Dork.jpg

To Badder,,,

scs4jpg.jpg

scs3jpg.jpg

scs1jpg.jpg

scs6jpg.jpg

Holy crap that looks sooo amazing on your black car. Im officially jealous of your skills and car now. Seriosly man fabulous job!

Frankencougie, How did you get the lens so clear? Looks brand new.

This is a great job! I would do the same installation on HID headhights form gen1.

damn thats really cool, looks great. Would you be interested in doing something like that for gen 1 owners? i bet a lot of people would buy them

Did you use the original lense and just clean them up or did you vacuform your own lenses?

power.jpg

Power Grid.

I bought a set of nasty spare headlights off of Sonny Day on the cheap tip, I told him to challenge me with his worst set and I would bring them back beyond spec. I started out wet sanding 600-1500 grit by hand and then wound up my Porter Cable 7424XP DA and The Menzema polish bundle using cutting, polishing and finishing pads for each respective polish grade. I also did the entire car with the DA (after a Clay bar session of course) and finished off with Meguiars #21 (sealant)& #26 (wax). The depth of the finish is sick right now and there are no swirl marks to speak of.

Since I retained the factory reflector housings I was able to aim the lights just as you would do with the stock HIDs. The reflectors "float" in the headlight housings. I also was able to go back and forth with the stock lights I already had to make sure they hit the same spot I marked with tape on the garage door.

I am paid in full for a Temple bumper and plan to add yet another set of BI-Xenon projectors in those '03 Cobra fog light holes so that insanity is going to happen in the near future.

-Scott

They look pretty awesome! Figure out how much you would want for a set, and let us know!

You should buy some old Gen 2 housings and make you some cash. People would buy those. Damn good job.

Tellin you man, make up a few sets and put a price on them you think they're worth. They'll sell. My guess would be about 5 sets would go fairly quick, depending on how high the price is, which I couldn't even begin to imagine. Or....be a "one of a kind" ;)

If you do decide to make up a set or two, I would suggest using your own money and just pop up with them out of the blue lol. You won't have them more than a week.

That one pic you have up above makes me laugh. It looks like a sun burst just busting you in the eye but I know you're not riding around blinding people. They really do look good and it looks like you have some time invested in them.

The hard part is putting a dollar amount on your time. ;)

Frankencougie: How did you get them apart? I've got a spare set and I was scheming on removing the lenses and painting the non-essential reflective bits to match the body (toreador).

Fear: This may only look good in black, though.... Correction; look amazing.

I baked them in the oven for 5-7 mins then started prying them apart with a bunch of various screwdrivers & wedge tools. They come apart pretty easy once you get the hang of it but they do make some cracking noises while doing the deed. I also used a heat gun after the initial baking session.

I still have my stock lights intact so I guess I could do another set using those but I think I'd rather stick a hot poker in my eye then make another set of these things. Doing the math, each light set cost almost $300 each and then I would add no less then $400 for my time and there is a bunch of time needed on this type of shizit!

That sunburst shot (all four on high) sure was strange so I figured I had to add it to the mix.

-Scott

Doing the math, each light set cost almost $300 each and then I would add no less then $400 for my time and there is a bunch of time needed on this type of shizit!

That sunburst shot (all four on high) sure was strange so I figured I had to add it to the mix.

-Scott

I'm sure it wasn't an easy job and if you feel like your work was worth $400, then add it to the price. $1000 for one set.... I bet someone would come off the funds if they wanted them bad enough. Take your time and one day, just pop up with them in the for sale section but then again, you have the one and only.

I woulda threw in the sun burst too. However, I would like to see a pic or two of the road as you go down the HWY so we can see what you see on the street.

Members online

Back