RIP Lincoln

Idk you won't catch me dead in an Infiniti. I don't like how they look at all. It may have a lot of horses but it looks cheap and feminine to me. I don't lke BMWs either for the same reason.

I read this write up on the new MXZ the other day.

This time it's up to Lincoln, and Lincoln alone, to succeed on the merit of its products--how they look, and what they do to distinguish themselves from the Acuras, Volvos, and Lexuses of the world. Not the Cadillacs, Mercedeses, and BMWs; Ford's said it's leaving that band of luxury buyers to other brands while it goes after more attainable shoppers. It hasn't had as much success with the full-size MKS, but the mid-size MKZ has done what Ford has said it's set out to do: to bring in younger owners who want vehicles with better fuel economy and connectivity.

http://www.thecarconnection.com/overview/lincoln_mkz_2013

I've always been a FLM guy and I love the looks and feel of my LS. I know I'm not going to get that kind of a driving experience from anything that Ford has to offer other than possibly a current platform Mustang. I'm a bit disappointed with the direction that they are going and was hoping that they would surprise me with a true competitor to CTS or ATS.

I really like the newer Jags and will probably be pursuing a used XF when I wear out the LS.

Just a thought...

Has anyone noticed the substantial overhang front and rear of the newer cars? How about the high roof and waist lines of them too? I drive a Big-Truck so everything looks small to me but the first time I stood next to an MKS, I was astounded by how large they are. I'm thinking it's the work of the safety Nazis. The LS, in it's hayday, was one of the top scorers for the crash test safety ratings. I think they've raised the standard. My attraction to the LS is largely based on the asthetics of the the short overhang up front. That's also why I really liked the Acura Vigor. I hate to say, we have seen the last of the long wheelbase short overhang cars. This is great news for the UDBU (United Driveway:shifty: Builders Union). You better hurry up and get that new driveway ramp built before the big price hike!

The long overhangs have to do with the FWD layout. With the engine sideways it needs to be forward of the front axle.

I was going to mention that maybe their market research has led them away from building cars to compete with the folks from across the pond. Hard to believe since they're not keeping up with their American competition in Cadillac, and maybe Chrysler.

so on lunch today i parked next to a brand new SHO with a manufacture plate, how the hell does the taurus get better looking and the MKS gets worse???

i do think its pretty sweet that they made a change to the grille for the SHO's so now they look a little different than their watered down brethren!

I don't know guys. I"ve been pretty critical in the past but I don't think it's too bad.

The new MKZ looks like it's taken the worst features from several cars and combined them into one. I'm not fond of the design of many newer car, but the MKZ is just cartoonish. Give me either clean, simple lines or graceful curves.

A couple of people already mentioned the new Jaguars. They're about the only company that I can say the entire new car lineup is truly beautiful.

The front grille reminds me of the old Pontiac Grand Prix front ends. Not a good look on a Lincoln.

It was bad enough when they called us galants.... now we're mazdas......
FWIW, the Mazda6 is no longer directly related to the MKZ. The previous MKZ was on the CD3 platform, which was derived from a previous-generation Mazda6, but the '13 MKZ is on the new CD4 platform, which is based on the Ford of Europe EUCD platform.

Looks like a girl car and the interior has that "asian" look to it.
Uhhh... I think you were talking about the new Lincoln cars, but for some reason were referring to Infiniti.

Just to be absolutely clear on what you're calling a "girl car" with an "Asian Look"

g35.png

Lincoln-MKX2.jpg

2009.infiniti.m45.20248970-300x189.jpg

2008-infiniti-g37-interior-photo-240754-s-1280x782.jpg

Lincoln-MKZ-1.jpg

Lincoln-MKZ_2007_800x600_wallpaper_08.jpg

Right...

I don't consider myself a girl, but I'd drive an Infinity ANY day! I was once proud to declare I drive American Cars. But lately, anything not a truck or Mustang by Ford has been a joke. (Excluding the EcoBoost Engine of course)

Members online

No members online now.
Back