What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

First tow yesterday ( most likely fuel pump)after driving 3 different 8s for 11 years and 300,000 miles. By obsolete I do not mean unrealiable. It is things like rear light assy. no work! Rear sway bar rusted through. If anyone hits me hard the car is gone due to replacement parts. Everything is probably availeablt through this site and major searches ( closest sway bar 3 hr drive ) But with 4 kids 2 in college and a crazy chedule not alot of time to search and retreive things for a car I need every day. There is no bigger fan of these cars than me I drove to Maryland from N.Y. to but the last 96 with 40k on it. Maybe it is the 97 coasmetic rarities that are my problem. sorry for rambling!

First tow yesterday ( most likely fuel pump)after driving 3 different 8s for 11 years and 300,000 miles. By obsolete I do not mean unrealiable. It is things like rear light assy. no work! Rear sway bar rusted through. If anyone hits me hard the car is gone due to replacement parts. Everything is probably availeablt through this site and major searches ( closest sway bar 3 hr drive ) But with 4 kids 2 in college and a crazy chedule not alot of time to search and retreive things for a car I need every day. There is no bigger fan of these cars than me I drove to Maryland from N.Y. to but the last 96 with 40k on it. Maybe it is the 97 coasmetic rarities that are my problem. sorry for rambling!

You need a rear sway bar? I've still got the rust-free bar that I took out of my 98...

20120402_165133.jpg

20120402_165157.jpg

Its just a first pass shot, I'm not getting super fancy..just wanted it to look cleaner. The fire wall cover looked like an old dirty rug stuck in there, most of it got ripped out, removing the booster and then replacing the fiberglass with something else

actually the booster wasa pain when i did it, but not as bad as the valve cover. it does come out like the dealer mechanic said when you put it in spin it and it clears that little triangle on valve cover. man i cursedand threw things for hours before i got the trick. i was going to take off the valve cover to put the booster on, but then i remembered fromdoing valve cover you cant put it on with booster on.

actually the booster wasa pain when i did it, but not as bad as the valve cover. it does come out like the dealer mechanic said when you put it in spin it and it clears that little triangle on valve cover. man i cursedand threw things for hours before i got the trick. i was going to take off the valve cover to put the booster on, but then i remembered fromdoing valve cover you cant put it on with booster on.

Yes you can, remove the driver side motor mount bolt

Looked in disgust at how nasty the car is. Gotta wash it this weekend. Also going to polish off some of the clearcoat that's peeling and flaking off. It looks horrible. And I have to repaint the front license plate bracket. Paint won't stay on it for some reason (yes I sanded and primed it:D). Hopefully I'll get my LCA's installed this weekend too.

Put an electric water pump in!

Pictures!

I've got a Meziere that I bought like 6 months ago waiting to go in.

Ok, here is a pic. If you've never done it before, it's a PITA with those little header bolts you have to use. Just have to be patient and take your time getting them in and tight. Now I'm going to put my March Fluid Under Drive damper/pulley in (you can see it in the pic). Don't ask me what belt to use because although I took an educated guess with a formula I worked out, I haven't tried it yet, so I'm not positive it will fit.

ElectricWP.jpg

i believe geno has the cobrastar emblems for that, if you click on his onebadmk8 name it should route you there

yeah i know he does thanks though, i like the way the lincoln logo looks, i wanna keep it classy. i have cobra badges on my fenders but i don't wanna over do it with cobra's all over lol. hopefully i can order that tonight, i just ordered these things:

Amazon.com: Lincoln 4 Tire Valve caps with Wrench: Automotive

Amazon.com: Lincoln Mark VIII License Plate Frame (Zinc Metal): Everything Else

I don't think mine has any bolts. I bought it slightly used? You can't use the stock bolts?

Nope, too long. You have to use those short hex-hole header bolts. I bought mine used too, but he sent the relay, bolts, and all the paperwork with mine (if you look to the left of the water pump pulley, you can see the rusty head of one of the bolts).

I don't know if a regular bolt will fit cause the head is a lot bigger than those little hex socket bolts. Next time you're in a parts store, look at the "header bolts". The four bolts with mine looked just like them - like the header bolts in this pic:
MRG-978G-2.jpg

I also put my March 1158 Fluid damper crank pulley on today with a new front main seal (you can see it laying on top of the motor in the pic above before I put it in).

Members online

No members online now.
Back