Painting My Wheels and Open to Suggestions

5TA1NER

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I currently have these wheels and am going to repaint them in the next few weeks. Here were my thoughts: Blast em clean. Paint the entire wheel a Matte/Satin Black. The parts that are currently aluminum to paint them Gloss Black and delete the verde logo. I was going to get vinyl lincoln emblems made and put them there. Anyone like/have a better suggestion?

verde_protocol_mba_ci3_l.jpg

Plasti-Dip them first to see if you like it. If you still go through with painting them, there is no need to blast them, just rough them up.

im not in love with no lip flat black wheels, but maybe if some of it was gloss.... give it a shot... what color car?

First of all what color is the car? I painted my stock wheels black to match my car, At first I liked them, but this year I ended up finding a set of the polished aluminum oem wheels and I find that it breaks up the color. I agree that you should plasti dip them first to see if you like it, then rather than painting them have them powder coated, it will last longer.

They are 17's and the car is silver. I was just looking for something different that didn't look obnocious.

Plasti-Dip them first to see if you like it. If you still go through with painting them, there is no need to blast them, just rough them up.

Does the plasti-dip come in a gun metal tint? I would love to do something with my seven spokes now that they are crudded up with brake leavin's

So I finally decided and finished them this weekend. What does everyone think? I will get car shots later this week after I get the tires put on.

WP_000136.jpg

attachment.jpg

paint looks good but ...

what size feet/shoes you have dude ?

that rim looks like 27" almost.

either that rim is sitting on a barstool or you a little person ?

~ sorry no offence, the longer I look at that picture, I can't help it, something wrong.

~ looks huge besides your feet.

is the rim propped up on something ?

attachment.jpg

paint looks good but ...

what size feet/shoes you have dude ?

that rim looks like 27" almost.

either that rim is sitting on a barstool or you a little person ?

~ sorry no offence, the longer I look at that picture, I can't help it, something wrong.

~ looks huge besides your feet.

is the rim propped up on something ?

Those have to be girls feet. The shoes look like they have a pink stripe on the side of them.:confused:

The wheels look good. Looking forward to seeing them on your LS.

They aren't girls feet. Lol. I painted them on Jack Stands. Its probably about 24" high or so. Its only a 17" wheel.

They aren't girls feet. Lol. I painted them on Jack Stands. Its probably about 24" high or so. Its only a 17" wheel.

:lol::lol: Sorry bro. It just looks like your feet are so tiny. I thought it had to be a girls feet. I knew the wheels were only 17's. The comparison was just to much.:lol::lol:

yeah, I was like WTF, them are small feet or that a big rim.

knew it had to be propped up on something to raise it from the ground (effect)

AKA: optical illusion.

you had me ...

The finished product.

2 coats of etching primer
2 coats of silver
8 hours of taping
3 coats of black
3 coats of clear
black vinyl Lincoln logo

I really like the end result and will be getting rubber on wednesday. On the car pics to come then.

WP_000140.jpg

Don't let the 8 hours of taping bother you, I think you did an excellent job, very clean lines.

2 things,

- be sure to not spoil it now with them plain black rubber valve stems, get chrome ones

- tell the tire shop to goes easy on them, last thing you want now is an apprentice kid in
the back f*cking them up for ya.

Can't wait to see them on your LS

Finally Got them done.

Here is the finished product. Overall I'm pretty happy. Only way it would be better is it they were 19's.

WP_000145.jpg

WP_000146.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back