Quik LS

Glad to hear everything is ok, Lou.

Someone down there needs to snag the car at auction...there is a lot of good stuff under that hood! Toe Cutter also needs to man up and get in here to apologize as well.

Glad you are alright Quick, I'm gonna miss that car. It was fun following the build.

Ouch! Sorry to hear about it. Now you'll have to change the Lotus's license plates, right? :D (or make a new "Quik" car)

Nice investigative work JaredLS!

I think it's time you came over to the mark side! Admit it you've thought about a mark viii. I can guarantee 2/3 of the ls' guys have. I've thought about an ls'

Did I just say that?

I think it's time you came over to the mark side! Admit it you've thought about a mark viii. I can guarantee 2/3 of the ls' guys have. I've thought about an ls'

Did I just say that?

I honestly haven't, just can't get into the body styling but the drivetrain and aftermarket would be nice :)

Ouch! Sorry to hear about it. Now you'll have to change the Lotus's license plates, right? :D (or make a new "Quik" car)

Nice investigative work JaredLS!

It's already 'Quiker'...
2011-05-29%252018.47.17.jpg

Did I just say that?

Ive never even been to the mark forums let alone want to ever own one...why down grade? Ive never seen the appeal to them & Ive never gotten over how ugly those headlights are...sorry just saying:)

Ive never even been to the mark forums let alone want to ever own one...why down grade? Ive never seen the appeal to them & Ive never gotten over how ugly those headlights are...sorry just saying:)

Let's not start another LS vs Mark flame war please. :rolleyes:

Quik, glad you're ok. Cars can be replaced every day of the week. People, especially good people, cannot.

Crazy. I have been gone for two days. Get home. See this topic. WTF???? Glad to see your okay Quik. Car can be fixed and replace. Quik recovery for you injuries.

If Copart was smart, they'd have the salvage yard pop the hood and post a pic of the engine bay, then the bids would go up!

quick its good to know that your ok. coparts are known to take parts out of cars before they sell, so don't be surprised that the mods are gone.

Wow... was getting worried when you didn't respond to the thread Lou, but glad to see you are (relatively) OK even though your LS didn't make it. You've been a great help and inspiration on this site so I hope you don't completely vanish.

Oh, and good luck with your Esprit - love that car too!

If Copart was smart, they'd have the salvage yard pop the hood and post a pic of the engine bay, then the bids would go up!

nah - the value of a scrap is that someone is looking for a engine, transmission, ....etc - something unique is a bust - who can deal with that? the additional sensors, tuning, pieces needed....

nah - the value of a scrap is that someone is looking for a engine, transmission, ....etc - something unique is a bust - who can deal with that? the additional sensors, tuning, pieces needed....

Yeah, salvage auction buyers aren't looking for modded vehicles, like you said, they just need the basic stuff off it for another car at their shop.

thanx guys -
well sad news - but certainly a great chapter in my life.

Quik LS is gone.

We were merging from an on-ramp onto a highway - fairly empty road. Just got up to about 55mph and a little 'wiggle' in the rear as I changed lanes. Looks like a broke 'something' in the rear driver's side - axle, shock, lower control arm ...it was running the stock open-diff at the time. Likely broke during the acceleration onto the highway, although I never felt anything until I tried to change lanes and work my way from the slow lane to the middle lane. I ended up just 'kissing' the median with the driver's side - but rubbed the driver's side front&rear fenders, front&rear doors, ..etc. it had rained but the road was fairly dry - not sure if I spun the wheels getting on the gas - may have spun and grabbed - then broke....

no airbags, no 'impact' per-say. I did break my nose on the steering wheel and cut my head on the a-pillar gauge pod. All fine.

Insurance paid out - and actually did well on it - so I am not going to repurchase the car, in an attempt to fix it or part it out. Pulled the sub-woofer box, a-pillar guages, but left everything else....

But - end of an era for me...

The LS was not a 'great' daily driver and was suffering from neglect as the Lotus became the go-forward money pit....

moment of silence....
just read this, sad day Lou. Sorry for your loss it was a hell of a car.

Members online

No members online now.
Back