Trunk Emblem Red Plastics Inserts

heebzman

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
brushing the snow off my car today I noticed I am missing the upper right side red plastic insert in the Lincoln emblem on the truck lid. Does anyone know where to pick one of these up ? A quick google search did not yield the results i was looking for.
Anyone have any idea's on where to get something like that ?

Thanks

no, it's part of a whole chrome piece that kind of outlines the plate holder area. I dont want the entire chrome piece however, they are pricey. i just need the little plastic red piece.

IMG_0073.png

IMG_0074.png

Yea, that emblem in the link above is what you need.I don't think you can buy just the little red plastic piece that fell out,I'm almost positive that you have to buy that emblem piece.

yea I was hoping not to spend $50 on what is more than likely a $.35 part. I stopped by my local Lincoln dealer and they said they could order the entire chrome piece for like $175.....:eek:

Yea, that's typical dealer hustling.Your best bet is to go and call around salvage yards and ask them if they have or can order that,unless you know how to make molds out of plastic.If not,then spend the little extra for the emblem or just pop out the rest of the red and you'll still have the star.

Just an update to this..I found exactly the emblem I needed in ebay for $9 shipped in case anyone else is in the same boat as me.

Anyone know if there is a certain glue or epoxy I need to attach it ?

Thanks

that would of suck if you spent 50 on that, good find. No I don't think it matters or you can prob use double sided tape.

Members online

Back