Spring/Summer Modifications

Jrt1418

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I am sure I am not the only one who has been in parts gathering mode all winter long. Winter sucks and I have no garage so I am forced to wait till spring to do anything. So far, I have an eibach kit, OEM shocks, exhuast parts (flowmaster/bassani), senta replicas from usa rim, wings west 3 piece spoiler, and McLaren grille all waiting to go on the car. The grille, spoiler, and rims are still in the mail and will need to be painted. What kinds of things can I expect to see from everyone else? I love the creativity and the wealth of information on this forum. I look forward to hearing what people have planned for their cars.

I recently bought a cold air intake, 2 rear upper control arms, 4 sway bar links, exhaust/ custom made from a garage down my street 2.5" cat back x pipe mufflers.. thats it.

06 bumper conversion, gen 2 lse grille, gen 2 headlights, gen 1 side skirts / rear valance, 06 exhaust tips, vinyl wrap of center roof section in gloss black and a 75 shot of nitrous.

For now. :)

Nice list of parts. Definitely need before and after pictures.:)

My little projects are nothing major.
1. new wheels
2. 2 gen mirrors, if I can find them for a good price
3. adding more StreetFX Colorstorm LED lights
4. new angel-eyes with bezels painted to match LS
5. "experiment" spare set of front bumper reflectors to paint
6. late spring, "special" purchase for a major future mod

Well since this is my first couple weeks with the car, its entirely stock. First up on the list is a full 20% tint. Hopefully the guys i'll be working with can do a digital cutout of little 35% tint and have custom emblems embedded in my tint on the part of the windows where the little lincoln star and carlite logo is and possibly one in the rear window? and maybe 50% windshield (I have an 04 premium in black :cool:). Followed by a budget bass solution for now. Thinking about an infinity 12in with an amp. After that I'm gonna try and hook up an ipod integration system! Lastly my late spring upgrade will be a hi/low HID conversion kit(considering a projector retrofit:confused:) and my fogs too. Alongside a full exterior LED upgrade. I'm excited to get started :D

15% tint (just dropped it off today)
Buy New Deck and install Subs
Install LEDs for the interior.
New wheels, but still narrowing this down.

I've only had the car a week lol but I think after these I'll be done for awhile.

new floor mats
aero turbine resonator
gen2 lse rear valence
LSD mod
LED back up lights
Flip down plates
Custom gauge pods
A good wash, hit it with some clay, polish with pc, wax

HID hi's and fogs
Hunt down and kill the squeak in the rear. Assuming bushings.
LED interior, puddles, licence plate and reverse lights
Eventually the long awaited double din to complete my system
Deep clean the carpets, new floor mats, polish maybe, wax of course.

I recently bought a cold air intake, 2 rear upper control arms, 4 sway bar links, exhaust/ custom made from a garage down my street 2.5" cat back x pipe mufflers.. thats it.

Think we can get some pics of your car? We have been wanting to see it for quite some time.

HID fogs
Angel eyes
Custom enclosure for sundown sa12s saz2000d.
headrest tvs
4.5 inch magnaflow tips
wetsand buff
Full windshield tint

Start and finish a new mod by the end of the week. Will post pictures. See if anyone notices the mod.:rolleyes:

Hint: It isn't listed in my previous post of listed to do mods.

Rotorpros and SS brake lines (arriving today)
Painting or powder coating calipers
Jaguar Tucanas (just put them on)
Paint and install 02 LSE spoiler
Just finished complete LED interior and exterior swap

1. New Wheels
2. Strip, polish, clear headlights & fogs
3. Paint lower grille
4. Clear side markers
5. Sylvania silver star 3157 signal bulbs ($30/set now that they're discontinued)

Start and finish a new mod by the end of the week. Will post pictures. See if anyone notices the mod.:rolleyes:

Hint: It isn't listed in my previous post of listed to do mods.

New mod done.:D $20 and about 90 minutes to complete.

Last edited:
Clear turn signals and sidemarkers.
Big plans for this summer lol

new floor mats
aero turbine resonator
gen2 lse rear valence
LSD mod
LED back up lights
Flip down plates
Custom gauge pods
A good wash, hit it with some clay, polish with pc, wax
Hey, would that mclaren grille fit on a 01 LS? And where did you get that spoiler?

All years of grilles are interchangeable. The rear spoiler is a gen 1 lse spoiler. A company sells one on Amazon.com for a really good price.

wasn't sure, because the 00-02 has a two piece grille, and a 03 and up has a one piece...but thanks for the info

Plans for my '02 LSE:

Mods
I'm refinishing a set of 19" Mille Miglia EV-R's
The 'Big 3'
Thunderbolt high flow CATS and custom CAT back w/ X-pipe and Magnaflows
Eibach springs
Drilled rotors and new ceramics
Painting some engine bay components
Puddle lamps on ext. mirrors
LSD??

Repairs
Stabilizer bar links
Stabilizer bar bushings
Inner and outer tie rod ends
New fog lights

I am also gathering some scraps of 14ga stainless steel sheet metal to fabricate a stainless steel degas bottle...still in the planning stages.

Last edited:

Members online

Back