Advice on air filters

DCU1976

LVC Member
Reaction score
I would like to get a few more HP if possible so I was thinking of doing the MZT (Mercury Marauder (MM) airbox and mass-airflow sensor (MAF), 2004 Crown Victoria Police Interceptor/CVPI Zip tube) with a K&N drop in air filter. minus the tune. OR should I just get a cold air intake setup, I have a picture attached to show what I'm talking about, has anyone had any experince with aftermarket cold air intakes. The car is a 1998 Lincoln Town Car Signature Touring Edition. Thanks in advance for your replys!

edit: I did eome googling and found that K&N has there own cold air intakes for the crown vics(K&N AIR INTAKE 57-2544 99-02 CROWN VICTORIA 4.6L), picture attached. I'm assuming it will fit a 98 town car.

$(KGrHqV,!oEE63WY-o7sBPD0TCr1w!~~60_12.jpg

chrome intake.jpg

Last edited:
I can't be of much tec help as I only have experience in the 92-97 town cars but it should work.
You should post a couple of pics and for more panther platform help visit
crownvic.net

You can remove the baffle and plug it with a ford power steering fluid resevoir cap (it fits perfectly), and then remove the cone that is inside and under the airbox. Then get a high flow air filter. I did it with my 2000 town car and it worked nicely. The town car airbox sucks in cold air to begin with, it just sucks at it.

Members online

Back