Made a SRT-4 fanboy pretty pissed today

Chubbs765

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
So today one of my buddies was talking :q:q:q:q about my new car, 2002 Lincoln Ls V8 saying it was a grandpa car and all this blah blah blah. I get it all of the time so I kinda blew it off. Right after he says this a srt-4 pulls up next to me on I-69 and revs up his little weed wacker. Long story short the kid couldn't drive for :q:q:q:q and I smoked him. After I beat him, pulled off on a rest stop and the dude follows me, drives by and throws a milkshake at my windshield and hauls ass outta the rest stop. PISSED:mad:

You sure it wasn't a neon with badges? I'd think an ls would have a hard time keeping up with even a stage 1 srt. That's what you get for street racing

No it was definitely a srt, If you read I said the kid must not have been able to drive. I was surprised that I even had a chance. But oh well, got a good adrenalin rush!

I've had a similar experience only I don't make the mistake of letting them catch me to do anything about it. That's how you really make a ricer your bich when he wants to throw something at you but he can't even find you once the "race" is over. I'm in the next city dumba$$ LOL

SRT4's are quick for what they are...but its still a neon with a turbo on a puny engine.

They make about 250 at the flywheel but about half that in torque. And they are wrong wheel drive.

Ive run down several tuners. I dont instigate but when some idiot revs his crap next to me i just go with it. My next car
will be a beast though. I prefer to just cruise.

lol...i own an srt too...it's not that bad of a car. but then again, I don't pull up to random cars to 'race' them

Had a vtec ( virtually torque-less economy car ) civic with a fart pipe come flying past me on the 4 lane heading out of town full bore. I was going about 60 or so... caught him at 95 and left him until I got off it about 110. 03 V8 ls with a couple of tweaks.

I love it when ricers think this is just a granny car.

lol...i own an srt too...it's not that bad of a car. but then again, I don't pull up to random cars to 'race' them

Its not that good of a car either.

Had a vtec ( virtually torque-less economy car ) civic with a fart pipe come flying past me on the 4 lane heading out of town full bore. I was going about 60 or so... caught him at 95 and left him until I got off it about 110. 03 V8 ls with a couple of tweaks.

I love it when ricers think this is just a granny car.

Yes....they think VTEC is the same as boost.

Only honda i respect when i see it on the road is the s2000 because it moves. And i used to like the old integra type r's.

1106514-cool_story_bro_super.jpg

Maybe I'm just old(er), but I don't get into street racing much. Too expensive for the tickets. About the only thing I will do is drag-race them up to the speed limit then stop and let them go flying up the road to find all the cops for me.

I've been on I69 through Gas City and never seen an ISP or county cop. That's like no mans land every time I've been there.

Last edited:
Jolinc01, nice to see someone else repping Indiana! But yeah I usually don't try to be a hard ass in my car unless the other car provokes it then it's on.

Thanks Chubbs! I usually set the cruise at 80 and go on my way down I69, I was on SR3 in Ft, Wayne today and some punk in a GTi wanted to play today and I just went along my way. I have nothing to prove just enjoy driving the LS.

kumba i agree lol, the cops are insane on U.S. 19.

Yup, and I travel US19 almost every day along with 4th street in St. Pete. More then a few times I'll see whoever was "racing" with me pulled over up ahead. Depending upon how much of an ass they were (or I want to be) I'll honk as I go by.

I own an 04 V8 and an 08 Caliber SRT. Caliber stock pushes 245tq and 285hp. Im stage1 so its 245tq in 1st and 300tq in 2-6 and 310hp. Needless to say the LS has no chance.

How hard is it to roll race anyways where it actually takes a good driver?

Either he isnt SRT, didnt race, or your 1st gen is factory freak. Im going with one of the first two reasonings.

Thanks Chubbs! I usually set the cruise at 80 and go on my way down I69, I was on SR3 in Ft, Wayne today and some punk in a GTi wanted to play today and I just went along my way. I have nothing to prove just enjoy driving the LS.

Haha i got a buddy who just bought a gti and he thinks its all that....i love sr3/lima road now that construction is finished...outran a Grand Prix gxp out there the other day...

Haha i got a buddy who just bought a gti and he thinks its all that....i love sr3/lima road now that construction is finished...outran a Grand Prix gxp out there the other day...

It's not black with a personalized plate is it? I know what you mean about Lima Rd since construction is done!

I vote we all have a race on Highway 50 in West Virginia on our way to the LS Meet. That road is pure driving enjoyment in a car that handles :)

Just don't go off-track. Your only options are a mountain wall or a ravine for most of it.

I own an 04 V8 and an 08 Caliber SRT. Caliber stock pushes 245tq and 285hp. Im stage1 so its 245tq in 1st and 300tq in 2-6 and 310hp. Needless to say the LS has no chance.

Either he isnt SRT, didnt race, or your 1st gen is factory freak. Im going with one of the first two reasonings.

LS weighs 1000 pounds more.

It's at a disadvantage from the start. The first gen srt are slower than the newer ones.

A tuned gen 2 LS can make close to 250 at the wheels in HP and torque. Thats not saying much but it can move quick and from a roll it can pull hard.

Last edited:

Thanks for the specs on your caliber. Last time I checked I said srt4 NEON. Ive drove one and they really aren't all that tough unless they are staged out. But yeah I've never heard a regular neon with a BOV.

Members online

No members online now.
Back