Marks on Saleens official thread.

just this bad one. too dark.

IMG_1933.jpg

you can see the tire is already out past the bumper.
im away from the car, but i could get daylight pics this weekend if you want them.

didnt you go 275 all the way around? 275 what 45? when you did the hub swap did that have any affect?

ya id really appreciate that, although im afraid of what ill find out on what i want to run. with the wider wheels im sure they would stick out even farther. what is the offset on your wheels?

didnt you go 275 all the way around? 275 what 45? when you did the hub swap did that have any affect?

275 40 17 all around. about an inch shorter than stock.
hub swap didn't change anything except bolt pattern.

ya id really appreciate that, although im afraid of what ill find out on what i want to run. with the wider wheels im sure they would stick out even farther. what is the offset on your wheels?

they are 26 mm offset. a higher offset would be ideal. speedsters are 36 mm offset.

just called afs wheels and the backspacing is 27mm how would that look/work?

Sorry bro but that offset simply wont work (Look Right).

Making a 10.5" rear wheel fit would take some well thought specs and the willingness to trim/cut. With that said, you would likely need a 2pc wheel to place the center in the barrel.

Brad

Damn, so all the cars I've seen with these Saleens have all had the Mustang hub/brake conversion done? I really gotta save up a few bucks, these stockers I have on just aren't gonna cut it.

Damn, so all the cars I've seen with these Saleens have all had the Mustang hub/brake conversion done? I really gotta save up a few bucks, these stockers I have on just aren't gonna cut it.

+1 lol. they look classy but Saleens are the best looking aftermarket wheel for a mark imo besides bullets or cobras.

martz0r, no they are not hub swapped. The Saleens come in our bolt pattern from The Custom Wheel Shop.

If the price keeps going up, get some mustang saleens used for cheap. It will probably pay for your hub swap.

They've been out of stock for quite a while. It's a smart way to do business. Keep 'em out of stock for months then bring them back way more expensive. Makes them seem more rare & more wanted!

Hello...Brad from The Custom Wheel Shop. You have my attention now, so please explain what it is you are talking about? You seem to be more informed that I am with respect to our business operations at the wheel shop.

Brad

Hello...Brad from The Custom Wheel Shop. You have my attention now, so please explain what it is you are talking about? You seem to be more informed that I am with respect to our business operations at the wheel shop.

Brad

I think its pretty obvious what he's saying..the most popular wheel in the mark viii/Thunderbird/cougar bolt pattern and offset is never in stock..simple as that..I'm sure you see how fast they sell in comparison to the rest of the mark viii aftermarket rims.

Brad

Hi Brad, sorry if I offended you in any way but truth be told, over on TCCoA a couple forum buddies have been trying to get their hands on SALEEN wheels from The Custom Wheel Shop for quite a while & they were told they were out of stock. Then 2 months ago another buddy of mine on this thread had cash in hand ready to order & he was also told they are out of stock.

I just clicked on the link yesterday & it shows "0" in stock. So that means they are still out of stock.

What I explained on my previous post comes from a show I saw on Dateline on NBC a few years back with online vendors that show their items out of stock then bring them back more expensive later. It happens with many online vendors. The part disappears for months then they come back higher in price & since ppl are dieing to get 'em they pay for them. It's a general comment & I apologize if it offended you in anyway.

Hi Brad, sorry if I offended you in any way but truth be told, over on TCCoA a couple forum buddies have been trying to get their hands on SALEEN wheels from The Custom Wheel Shop for quite a while & they were told they were out of stock. Then 2 months ago another buddy of mine on this thread had cash in hand ready to order & he was also told they are out of stock.

I just clicked on the link yesterday & it shows "0" in stock. So that means they are still out of stock.

What I explained on my previous post comes from a show I saw on Dateline on NBC a few years back with online vendors that show their items out of stock then bring them back more expensive later. It happens with many online vendors. The part disappears for months then they come back higher in price & since ppl are dieing to get 'em they pay for them. It's a general comment & I apologize if it offended you in anyway.

Im not going to bother explaining the crazy logistics of getting these wheels built in the specs we use and the low numbers we manufacture. I will however assure you and anyone else who would assume such a thing as you have described, that it could not be further from fact. Our intentions have always been and will continue to be customer oriented. Our prices have changed twice since the inception of the custom wheel shop and one of those changes was actually a price reduction due to a manufacturer change that resulted in a shared savings between The Custom Wheel Shop and its Customers.

With respect to our current order I can report that we lost another manufacturer but have employed another as of the month of July. We expect our latest order sometime this month with some luck.

We appreciate and respect the Auto Enthusiests of this forum and will do our best to continue to offer solid wheel solutions for the MarkVIII.

Cheers

Brad

is that a base M8 grill? I have a pearl white LSC. That pic looks great. Wondering if is it because of the chrome rims and chrome ascents on the headlights? The grill looks different, almost two-tone, maybe just the lighting?
hpim1148-jpg.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Back