06 LS - LED Conversion Completed

Nothing in the manual about LED's.

LED's consum less to run than the stock bulbs, are brighter to look at but not a lot of light output for driving lights. LED's are good to swap for your interior bulbs,puddle,license,even back up lights, but not to drive with on lows. HID's have more light output than halogen bulbs,are brighter, and consume less energy to run. Hids are the bright ones you use for lows

How the heck do i install this?

DSC_0278.JPG

My trunk seems to be missing the clear lens (? i see an imprint on the trunk liner, looks like something used to be on there), and all that I get is a wire + a plug on the end that comes out of the hole.

Time to go to the dealership? :(

You should see a little plastic housing, it has a clear lense and a black rectangle that kind of tabs into the trunk liner. Inside this little housing is a simple positive and a negative metal bars with one being a circle shape to fit one side of the socket, and the other being a kind of horseshoe shape that fits the bulb when you click it in.

All of which is missing.. Sigh. I wonder why the previous owner/whoever took it all out.

Look on ebay. Dont know how much they are at the dealer, or even if they carry them but I got an extra to put on the other side of the trunk to even out the light for 4 bucks

nice gauges. i started hating those damn hifonics amps, 2 of them have crapped out on me. sorry for getting off topic, but seeing the amp pissed me off, lol. nice setup however.

I will be a Hifonics man for the rest of my life. Ive dropped that amp about 3 times on solid concrete from about 7' off the ground, ripped one of the RCA inputs off, and its been through hell and back and I still have the perfect ammount of power and then some for my L7's

I will be a Hifonics man for the rest of my life. Ive dropped that amp about 3 times on solid concrete from about 7' off the ground, ripped one of the RCA inputs off, and its been through hell and back and I still have the perfect ammount of power and then some for my L7's

you are running 2 L7's with that? is it the Colossus series?

Hello

Somebody know any shop like v-leds.com or maybe also xenons for LS, who shipps international? I have ordered in v-leds bulbs, but they rejected my order, because they dont ship international. Need them in Europe.

And maybe somebody can post what bulbs from v-leds shop i must buy if i need them on gen1 ?

DSC_0281.JPG

$70 later and..

DSC_0287_s.jpg

Money well spent :shifty:

The light dims but stays on when trunk is closed, so I guess I need a resistor. It shouldn't drain the battery though, right?

That battery saver circut kicks in about 30 min after and cuts power, something like that. I got mine off ebay for 3 bucks

That battery saver circut kicks in about 30 min after and cuts power, something like that. I got mine off ebay for 3 bucks

I looked on ebay first, trust me :p The bracket had to be shipped from the US, so I guess that racked up the price a bit. Though I could've just made my own from scrap sheet metal.. Lesson learned.

Thanks LS8 and Alax.

Oh thats right. Forgot you were in canada. Yeah I was thinking of just going to the junk yard and getting any light holdster to have 2 in the trunk but finally found one on ebay.

Came across this thread before and I finally found it again.

Will be replacing my fogs with the Hoens, no brainer. With the HB Hoen replacements will I need the heavy duty wiring for it as suggested by Hoen, or will I be fine with just popping them in?

Seeing most of you guys are still on here this looks like an ok thread to bring back up.

****Edit

For any future searches.

On the Hoen site it states you don't need to upgrade your harnesses or the connectors for the 9005 bulb type.

Last edited:
do i need to wire a resistor for the led reverse and tag lights? and do i put a resistor on each light?

do i need to wire a resistor for the led reverse and tag lights? and do i put a resistor on each light?

The tag lights no, i don't think so for reverse lights either but i've only done tags and interiors so i'm not 100%

for the interior you only need one resistor.

I replaced my map, rear dome, puddle, glove box, trunk and door lights with blue leds. I put 2 white leds for license plate lights and I want to to the backup lights too. Kinda different I guess, not for everyones taste. Someone else here has or had blue leds at one time too wich was where I got the idea from.

where can I get another trunk light to add in there...? I see some have mentioned doing it & trying to do the same

Members online

No members online now.
Back