Universal joint Replacement

I just had my driveshaft replaced 3 weeks ago for what sounds like the same problem you guys are having.

I'm under warranty so I didn't ask about cheaper options - they replaced the whole part.

My car had vibration not long after I bought it, I thought it was the tires or balancing but then it did it after I bought new tires. It was still under factory warranty I would have had it done then. They even had the driveshaft off to replace a pinion seal. I wonder if they messed something up? It's worse when it's cold out and I first drive the car in the morning. It hardly does it at all in the summer.

you are right Ford does still list the part number. This is the #XW4Z-4800-CA that i have. Looked today and think it's the carrier bearing as the rear shaft has a very very small wobble and i mean had to set up a gague to tell. So going to replace bearing. Hope to get it back next week as i'm going out of town tomorrow . If this works i will let you all know.

This is the same problem I have been having. 04 V8, 70,000 miles. Vibration between 40 and 50 mph, especially in the winter. Isn't coming from any specific tire or location, so it makes sense that it could be the bearing. Getting ready to spend $800 on tires, but will consider replacing the bearing if it solves af62cobra’s problem.

Looking forward to the results; please do let us know. Thanks.

Ed

Hey! sorry about getting to everyone on this problem. My son took it to the NASCAR shop were he works and replaced the bearing and balance the driveshaft and that took care of the problem. How this helps everyone. I hope no one doesn't buy a set of tires like i did 600.00 wasted.

$123 at dealer teamfordparts online has it for $87. Never got a part from them I might email Maxx and see what he's charging.

Members online

No members online now.
Back