Transmission noise when under stress or acceleration

scamr70

LVC Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had there transmission rebuilt or a new one installed? What might I expect to pay for this or what might the problem be if I only here and feel the noise when I accelerate? I have a 98 conti with 236K engine still strong.

Had the one in my 2000 rebuilt last year for $2,200.00. That included any update mods. This car only had 97,000 miles on it. He diagnosis was a fluid circulation problem.

Just had the one in mt '89 rebuilt in December for $1,500.00. He also changed the manifold flange for the exhaust for no additional charge because they tend to rust out. This car currently has 79,000 miles on it. The trans was shifting fine, but when I came to a stop and went to take off, it was like it was in neutral. The original forward clutch pistons were made of cast aluminum and had a tendency to crack. The replacement piston is steel.The only way to get at it is to tear the whole tranny down, thus the rebuild.

Thank you for the reply and info. I'll be taking it in on Friday and see what they have to say and through out my ideas and diagnoses so far.

Members online

Back