Might be a fix to all our cosmetic problems..if you like

WishyouhadaLS?

LVC Member
Reaction score
First off, I know this may not be for everyone...i like it , love how it looks and you may to, if not..go easy. With that being said i had started a thread a few days back about painting the lower grille, wasnt sure what type of paint to use, LS4me suggested using truck bed spray, i was skeptical but did it anyway...LOVED IT..next thing happened was my upper grille started chipping the "chrome" so i thought well i can always buy another so i experimented and painted it.. LOVED IT..next was my side pillars between my windows were faded and craking and chipped used the spray on it and they look great, i will include pics of both projects..the way i painted it, it is "smooth" with a matt black finish and it matched the black color perfectly...i love how it looks and it saved me a ton of money on replacement cosmetic parts...i feel like there are alot of options here and with the creativity on this forum the sky is the limit...if you have any pics as well please post

cracked.jpg

painted.jpg

front.jpg

pillar.jpg

finished.jpg

troopin.jpg

The pillar looks really good, but the grille I am not so sure about it.

ive never really had any dealings with plasti dip so im not sure how to compare it but its very durable and solid, the reason i wanted it on my upper grille is because it seems like every rock that gets kicked up hits my upper and chips it, plus i love black and white...

Looks like some good work. I'm not a big fan of the blacked out grille, but I can see your reasoning for painting it. The door pillars look fantastic.

The lower grille looks great! The pillars look great! The center of the grille looks great, but if you color match the surround, white, it will look much better, but if you like it like that thats cool. How dark the center of the grille is now looks a lot better the the stock gray look, so it color matched would contrast nicely.

The pillars look good, I need to refinish mine, getting some weird discoloration.,,I'm not a fan if the grill because of the other chrome on the car. I sat color match everything, i think you may be happier.

Can you take a photo of the stuff you used? I have used 3M Bedliner spray, and Generic Bedliner spray, and have seen it start to fade to brown in about a 6 month period. Just curious to see if you found some better stuff.

Do the chrome around the bumper and it would look better. But I do think it's good work. I could do this to my pillars as well.

Looks slick, I like it! personally I'd tie it all together and clear the turn signals and shoot the rest of the chrome trim with that same paint but it all comes down to preference.

+1 for the exact bedliner spray you used. I'd like to do my pillars

Pillars look great! considering doing mine myself.
Did you scuff the pillars up at all to prep for paint? or bed liner...

This is what i used, no scuffing needed first coat is a dusting, very lightly, makes the surface like sand paper...great for painting..any other questions dont hesitate

395952_369165903098497_100000152718435_1712685_1922278241_n.jpg

Do the chrome around the bumper and it would look better. But I do think it's good work. I could do this to my pillars as well.

I agree, I like the way the grille looks, but it makes the chrome bumper strip beg to be painted.

I used that same Rustoleum spray-on bedliner on the nerf bars on my F150 and I love the way they turned out as well. I've had them sprayed for a couple months and they really take a beating from feet/snow/sand/salt and they have held up perfectly so far.

I like it.:cool: Nice work. May I suggested painting the chrome bumper strip to mathc the car. That would really bring it all together.

Members online

No members online now.
Back