Parting out 97 what to pull??

Right on the Mark

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Just got a rough 97. I'm keeping engine. Whats good to pull and resell on this year? Both HIDS work. Neon no. Thanks

What color is the interior? Cup holder, window switches, mirrors, d-seat trim

Front struts if they hold air. I need a passenger one. Or both.

Pull everything that you have room to store. Laser and I have a shed with our saved parts, you never know when you're goin to need something. We've got spare 1/4 glass, window motors, alternator, ac compressors, trim pieces, a spare LSC bumper, fenders, fuel injectors and other misc motor parts. I'm a Mark8 parts hoarder. I NEED HELP! lol

But seriously, some parts are impossible to find. ABS sensors and things like that seem insignificant when your car works.. Then when the part fails and you can't find a new one, wouldn't it be nice to have a spare in a box in the shed?

Pull everything that you have room to store. Laser and I have a shed with our saved parts, you never know when you're goin to need something. We've got spare 1/4 glass, window motors, alternator, ac compressors, trim pieces, a spare LSC bumper, fenders, fuel injectors and other misc motor parts. I'm a Mark8 parts hoarder. I NEED HELP! lol

But seriously, some parts are impossible to find. ABS sensors and things like that seem insignificant when your car works.. Then when the part fails and you can't find a new one, wouldn't it be nice to have a spare in a box in the shed?

I already have my Gen1 horde! LOL I just was looking to see the HOT gen2 parts that are looked for. Also it has a new heater control switch? The thing that breaks under dash.

Does the chrome top part come off neon?, thats got some chrome pit. The neon flashes for one second when brakes pressed?

Either your ballast or your headlight switch is bad. A lot of times it's just a short in the switch. If not, then get a Glitch-Ballast

Righton- The Gen2 window motors are faster than Gen1s, neat upgrade and very easy. Me personally, I try to remove every usable part before sending them to the crusher

Either your ballast or your headlight switch is bad. A lot of times it's just a short in the switch. If not, then get a Glitch-Ballast

Righton- The Gen2 window motors are faster than Gen1s, neat upgrade and very easy. Me personally, I try to remove every usable part before sending them to the crusher

Shoot as of now peeps freak out how fast the windows are in my gen1. They are always like WTF your windows are fast. I just wanted to maybe find common prob for neon would be nice to pass on a working ballast if it did work.

Does the chrome top part come off neon?, thats got some chrome pit. The neon flashes for one second when brakes pressed?

If it flashes real quick and turns back on, the ballast is bad. There's some sort of pulsing circuit inside it that enables the light to stay lit. I think it's what gives the neon light a simulated AC signal. Without it, the light will not stay lit.

The trim pieces will come off, with a bit of work. I've got a few messed up neon lights here, that I'd eventually like to make one good one out of if I can. How much would you want for yours? You can keep the ballast since it's no good.

If it flashes real quick and turns back on, the ballast is bad. There's some sort of pulsing circuit inside it that enables the light to stay lit. I think it's what gives the neon light a simulated AC signal. Without it, the light will not stay lit.

The trim pieces will come off, with a bit of work. I've got a few messed up neon lights here, that I'd eventually like to make one good one out of if I can. How much would you want for yours? You can keep the ballast since it's no good.

Just Pm me I'm not looking for top dollar but just would like to break even on buying car. I don't know rate on these but if your looking for parts one not to pricey then I don;t have to worry about its condition. (peeps freak if bad)

If you have a rust-free evap tray, they go for about $50 on the forum and $75+ on ebay.

There's not a very good chance of that being the case. He said the car was really rusty, and you know the evap tray's just about the first thing to go...

i would mind having some spare headlight housings. also a spare pumpkin to build a geared rear without having the car out of commission for too long

i would mind having some spare headlight housings. also a spare pumpkin to build a geared rear without having the car out of commission for too long

I was wondering when a gear jammer would pop up on the pumkin. Dude I can strip the heavy "junk" out of housing if you want and ship just whats needed to save shipping! The drivers headlight housing is pretty new replacement. The pass is freakin yellow. Both HIDs work.

For some reason I was thinking you were in FL. Clean trays are impossible to find up here. lol. It a "great white buffalo" of sorts....:cool:

For some reason I was thinking you were in FL. Clean trays are impossible to find up here. lol. It a "great white buffalo" of sorts....:cool:

Great white buffalo...
Great white buffalo....
Great white buffalo....
Great white buffalo....
Great white buffalo....

:D

what color is the interior? I'm looking for a graphite silver or a black steering wheel.

Members online

Back