No longer in the LS club

Only thing I have done so far is Polk DB571s in the doors and a Kenwood Excelon in the mail right now. Also did the "gotts" mod, which is basically a home made CAI.

Good ol' Gott's mod lol. Did that and the silencer delete in the intake, can't say it made a lick of difference (didn't test it) but it gave me something to do that won't hurt your rig. Maybe just added some sound to the intake which I barely noticed.

Good ol' Gott's mod lol. Did that and the silencer delete in the intake, can't say it made a lick of difference (didn't test it) but it gave me something to do that won't hurt your rig. Maybe just added some sound to the intake which I barely noticed.

LOL, as praised and common as that mod is, I didn't want to say anything... I didn't notice much of anything with the "gotts" on my 08 5.4l

LOL, as praised and common as that mod is, I didn't want to say anything... I didn't notice much of anything with the "gotts" on my 08 5.4l

Pretty sure the only intake mod that works for sure is to throw the KB, Whipple, or Eaton SC on there. You get what you pay for lol. I'd sell and get a Lightning if that were the case. Wish they'd bring those back again.

You guys are raining on his parade. Who cares what the vehicles were purchased for new. Neither are worth :q:q:q:q now.

Only thing I hope you didnt get the 5.4l if so better get some heli coils for the spark plugs bc they are known to pull threads.

You guys are raining on his parade. Who cares what the vehicles were purchased for new. Neither are worth :q:q:q:q now.

Only thing I hope you didnt get the 5.4l if so better get some heli coils for the spark plugs bc they are known to pull threads.

Yea that was a downside to the 5.4l They did fix the issue in 07 and I've already pulled my plugs on my 08 to make sure and see if there was going to be a problem and all 8 came out easily.

If your anywhere north of 2002late/early2003 most likely you will "never" have this issue. BUT, there are a select amount of issues with water corrosion seizing the plugs in the ports on the 04-up 5.4s. Very unlikely in most cases but has been noted on a truck or two in our fleet.

Have fun with F-150, have dealer do plug changes! They have a habit of blowing plugs once changed 1st @ 100k miles. My 5.4 blew 3 plugs! Had to teardown, machine heads. Ford charges $339 per plug to repair! Blow a plug, nutsert required!

1998 Volvo, 2/3 HPT, coupe 37k miles My baby! bought used with 24k miles, $6011.17 estate sale, 1 yr ago!
2000 Linc V6, 83k miles (wife's ride) bought new $28k
2002 F-150 Supercrew, Lariet, 5.4 117k miles (required to haul parts 4 LS) bought new, $37k

Members online

Back