LS Vinyl Wrap Project

Thank you for touching them up. Makes for a very interesting possibility.....very. And again, I am not saying that I running to buy a roll today or ever. But seriously, thoughts? Mlara?

I like it from the front... not sure from the back... maybe a shot / PS from directly behind???. I'll def through 70-100 bucks at it to try. worst case i take it back off... Then i've saved all my LVC buddies from making the same mistake...

If the rear glass came up and curved a bit more symmetrically with the car itself, yes. For my taste regarding the lines of the LS, I would have already ordered a roll. It is just a "tad" too much roof not to do the entire car like the fellow members are.

Soon we will have to rename this section 'Lincoln LS/Vinyl Projects'.

Off work tomorrow.. going to tackle some tonight, can't decide how hardcore I wanna go yet; but I am pondering both driver side doors.

Thank you for touching them up. Makes for a very interesting possibility.....very. And again, I am not saying that I running to buy a roll today or ever. But seriously, thoughts? Mlara?

I actually had my roof painted black like that, I think it looks really good on the LS

Indeed....let's see some pics. I really want to see it from a number of angles.

Soon we will have to rename this section 'Lincoln LS/Vinyl Projects'.

Off work tomorrow.. going to tackle some tonight, can't decide how hardcore I wanna go yet; but I am pondering both driver side doors.

Yeah I decided to take the night off of wrapping and take the girlfriend out. This way she can't say anything about me being in the garage all day tomorrow. :D

2011-07-23161337.jpg

2011-07-23161314.jpg

DSCN0027.jpg

I have no clue how to resize the pics and my car is dark blue so it is really hard to see. Its actually only noticable on sunny days, but on a silver or white car it would look really good.

Thx for the pics..... The first pic looks pretty damn good from what it does show. I will let it die for now but who knows what I will do when Spring gets here. Can't show up at the National Meet without some surprises. :).

Did you remove door handles?

no i didnt. one key part to wrapping that i have realized is DO NOT CUT ANYTHING UNTIL YOU ARE FULLY DONE WITH THE PANEL!!!!

i cut the door handle out on my first try and it ended up messing everything up. :(

i dont think im going to even wrap the handles. tried and failed miserablely. think im just gunna color match it with paint.

the only think im going to remove is the side mirrors. but i have no idea how.

For the handles, just take off the door panel and unbolt the handles, was really easy.

And the mirror is just held in with 3 of the same bolts behind the plastic piece on the door. (though I think the panel has to be off for the plastic part to come off)

Ok easy enough. But do the 2 peices of the handle come apart now that its off?
It would be way easier to wrap if it were 2 peices

Scratch that, they're two piece, but it is pretty overkill getting them that way. Haha.

For the handles, just take off the door panel and unbolt the handles, was really easy.

And the mirror is just held in with 3 of the same bolts behind the plastic piece on the door. (though I think the panel has to be off for the plastic part to come off)

I replaced my passenger side mirror, and IIRC the plastic piece covering the mirror bolts (triangular) just came right off without doing anything to the door panel.

correct, you can pull the top part off without taking the whole door panel off... It might not completely come out, but enough to get to the bolts

Ok thank guys will be taking everything apart and wrapping the drivers side doors in about a hour. Will try and post some pics later today.

wo wo wo, you may have thought about it, but I was the first to mention it.... LOL, im gonna start looking through Ebay and see what i can come up with....(and do some work i guess ;) ) shhhhh.

:D wo wo wo I pm'ed to discussed doing this with drizzel back in mid November to get his opinion and info on materials needed,,,,

Ill be doing it to my car come spring when everything get put on.

Ok thank guys will be taking everything apart and wrapping the drivers side doors in about a hour. Will try and post some pics later today.

lol, we keep wrapping the same things @ the same time. Though, I did hood and you did roof.

I finished the doors on this side. Decided to shoot progress photos to show you guys how it is done!

photo13lk.jpg

photo23h.jpg

photo33f.jpg

photo42b.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back