Steering wheel ?

Stang1

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I know the spline vs flat between the 96 and 97-98. My question is. Has anyone modified a newer wheel to fit a 93-96? I have a perfect 98 wheel I would love to adapt to my 96.

Not sure, but I had put a 97/98 airbag in my 96. I love the look of the "real" emblem much better. Was a nice detail that I thought was missing from the Gen ones. Slight modification was needed for the plugs.

Not sure, but I had put a 97/98 airbag in my 96. I love the look of the "real" emblem much better. Was a nice detail that I thought was missing from the Gen ones. Slight modification was needed for the plugs.

I agree. The real emblem is much nicer! But I really want the steering wheel to fit some how????

Joe,

You could use a rat tail file to remove the flat spot and lose about 5 or 6 splines ! You would still have enough contact with the column shaft spline to be safe ! I have hacksawed one cut into a pitman arm once before !

What is your interior color ??? I have a nice 93-96 black steering wheel , and a New Light Graphite Steering Wheel !

Happy New Year,
Sonny
cdaout1@cox.net

I have a light graphite wheel. How much do you want for the wheel?

Can I put a 98 column in a 96? what all would I need to moddify to do this?

Members online

No members online now.
Back