20s vs 19s

enduring11

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I see alot of you guys have 19s with a lowering kit. I was wondering if it was too much of a pain in the a$$ to run 20s with a kit or if it was a personal preference. What are your opinions on 20s vs 19s and tire size preference?

For most of us it's a personal preferance. Alot of us agree that 19"s with a lowering kit looks the best on the LS.

You can for sure do 20"s and lower it. Just make sure the width of the tire/wheel will work along with double check the offset. Someone on here has jaguar sentas those are 20"a and I'm sure they have there lowered too.

Fantastic. It's hard to tell the difference between 20" and 19" just from pictures so I was trying to get some opinions and sizes.

its a personal preference. usually easier to lower with 19"s but it can be done with 20"s, you just have to be a little more careful with tire size and offset.

My car has 19's. No way I would want anything bigger.......or smaller for that matter lol. I think it's the perfect size.

Love my 20's. Hate 18's.......small ass wheel that it is. So balance that out and go 19. LOL.

I think from a cosmetic standpoint 20's look the best...but the beauty of cosmetics is that its a personal opinion...just like many of us think "our" significant other is the best looking thing in the world.

If performance is your thing I would go 18". I agree with many that 19"s are a good compromise.

linc3.jpg

20's look good when they aren't some tacky, cheesy looking wheel.

The poster above's car is the best looking LS that I have ever seen LOL.

With a 20" wheel and a lower kit, how will the ride height be effected with a stock rim and tire? In september I'm going to be driving from AK to WI. I'm a little worried about being ridiculously low.

Xford, do you have any problems with rubbing or scraping?

I'm running Sentas with 255/35/20's on Eibachs. I can tell you I rub at full steering lock, I sometimes rub on big dips/bumps, and the ride is a little rougher. I really like the looks of my car with them so I deal with it. Maybe someday I'll unload them and get 19's instead.

photobucket-46762-1321823950291.jpg

PS I'm parked in the street in the pic because there's no way in hell I'd make it up that drive without ripping off a bumper or my exhaust.

Might be a silly question, but what does the change from say 17's to 19's or 20's do to the speedo reading?

Might be a silly question, but what does the change from say 17's to 19's or 20's do to the speedo reading?

Nothing if you have an SCT Tuner and have them program the correct revolutions which can be forund at Tirerack

Well I went ahead and went with 20s with a 245/35 tire. Flat black Giovanna Martunis.

That is what size tire I run. It fills quite well. You still may lower but I never did and am happy with the stance.

I'm running Sentas with 255/35/20's on Eibachs. I can tell you I rub at full steering lock, I sometimes rub on big dips/bumps, and the ride is a little rougher. I really like the looks of my car with them so I deal with it. Maybe someday I'll unload them and get 19's instead.

photobucket-46762-1321823950291.jpg

PS I'm parked in the street in the pic because there's no way in hell I'd make it up that drive without ripping off a bumper or my exhaust.

Trade you.:D

So Eibachs seems to be the kit to go with. Is there anything I should know before I order the parts or is it pretty much one size fits all LS?

That is what size tire I run. It fills quite well. You still may lower but I never did and am happy with the stance.

I got the Eibach kit off Amazon for a pretty decent price. I'm going to try out the wheels and tires without the kit for a day or so and feel out the ride.

I only have 2 more months left to this deployment so I have a little bit more free time to to surf the web for aftermarket parts and such. Obviously I want to find the most reliable source for LS parts. So if you guys have any companies you prefer or would recommend send that link my way.

I can tell you who NOT to use... lskoncepts.

19's are my preference, but I can't imagine there is a HUGE difference in ride quality between 19's and 20's. Although a heavy wheel/tire combo will tear up suspension parts.

19's for me:

IMG_7770.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back