Im about to cry MONEY MONEY MONEY

04silverls

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok well it seems that everything hitting me a once. And im about to cry HELP !!!

1.Transmission its a really rough kick into Reverse sometime not all the time and 3rd gear is rough going in sometimes but somedays it runs just as the first day i bought it. What you guys think deal is here. guy at trans shop said nothing came up on on trans side or computer hes talking rebuild 2000 !!!! HIKES

2. A Coil well nothing not expected on these cars ive had good luck since ive had it so that's fine.

3. o2 senor !! should i replace all of them or just the one that is bad ??

4. misfire on start up @ 1000k rpm what the hell could this be ?

5. there is whine in the rear when going at speeds above 30mph any ideas ??

6. 6 disc CD ERROR UGH listen to radio all day at work. is it worth me to get a factory nav i found one for 265 + shipping. or jus another 6disc call it a day

7. Passenger heat/cooled seats stays on for about 1min and then off. What do you think the prob here is ??

8. Driver Door Jam that stops the door from flying open wildly BROKE. I heard a crack and I looked shut door then it went POP.

9. AND SOME :q:q:q:q:q:q:q pulled on my grill it looks like so its breaking so i need a new one !! LSE Im looking for one

I think has to do with that mirror I broke on thanksgiving !!! :( Sorry Guys I Need alot of inputs here im about to cry least its all after Christmas I guess

just spit balling here
2. A Coil well nothing not expected on these cars ive had good luck since ive had it so that's fine.

3. o2 senor !! should i replace all of them or just the one that is bad ??

4. misfire on start up @ 1000k rpm what the hell could this be ?

well it might be a coil going bad (#2) could cause a misfire (#4) and if happened for long enough could damage a cat which the o2 sensor monitors (#3)

5. there is whine in the rear when going at speeds above 30mph any ideas ??
could be a problem with the rear end

6. 6 disc CD ERROR UGH listen to radio all day at work. is it worth me to get a factory nav i found one for 265 + shipping. or jus another 6disc call it a day
not likely, you need a hell of a lot more than just the main radio unit to make it work.

7. Passenger heat/cooled seats stays on for about 1min and then off. What do you think the prob here is ??
might have a crushed tube in the seat

8. Driver Door Jam that stops the door from flying open wildly BROKE. I heard a crack and I looked shut door then it went POP.
replace broke part

with limited info, a lot of these seem to come up. further searching would help you to research the problems and better decide if these are your problems or not, you might also fine out how to fix...

Is your engine light on? Are you popping codes? If so what are they?

3) Just the upstream ones. The downstreams are just used to tell the computer whether or not the cats are working. Of course, if you've had a coil problem long enough, then the cats may also be damaged.

5) Get that checked out. A rear end flying into pieces at speed is very bad.

6) Note that pretty much any replacement 6 disk head unit will *also* have a busted changer. I've been through a few. Make sure the seller has a good refund policy and confirm before purchase. I simply added the iPod kit from PIE - the head unit considers it an additional external cd changer.

How loud is the whine in the rear end. Mines been doing that for over three years, (not too loud, radio easily covers it.) Onlly on acceleration.

ok well the CEL comes on when it feels like it. I had a scan at adancve autos and 3 codes came up.. but the :q:q:q:qer wouldnt print me a paper but it was 1,2,3 on my prob list.

the 6 disc player one guy is giving a 101 day return policy. the nav well if i did that then i would just get a Panasonic
the door jam thing going to cost me 65 bucks parts and labor not bad thank goodness.
well coils jus started i take very good car of all my vehicles i don't let problems get worse.but i will get cats checked still bc that makes alot of sense.
the passenger seat if its not the tube then what ??

the whine in the rear is loud but if my RADIO is more than half cant hear it,but it is very annoying and i have never heard it before ever, on the highway its worse. ill try get a vid idk if sound it pick it up ill see.

any thoughts on the tranny ?? could it be the seloniod block ? and if i replace that should i just get the whole thing rebuilt ?

Your 2004 Ls is covered by the 100K/10 years coil warranty, take it to a dealer.

The CD player may have a disk stuck in it, not uncommon if it is home burned disk. The factory nav is not a plug and play up grade, better off getting an after market unit.

Your 2004 Ls is covered by the 100K/10 years coil warranty, take it to a dealer.

i have 95k on my V6 and three of the COPs where replaced by the previous owner. i have a sneaking suspicion that the intermittent jerking and missing is a failing COP. but i dont get ANY codes for anything related to ignition or misfires ( i have a few codes for the throttle body, which im not even confident are the throttle body, might have thrown em when the car went into "limp mode". also, ive NEVER had a CEL, these were stored codes or obtained running KOEO/KOER tests)

anyway, i have no experience with dealerships. will they be able to help me do u think? i mean im wondering what they might check that i havent (i have a scan software as well as alldata reference center with diagnostic flow charts for trouble codes and symptoms but i just keep getting no where...)

sry to highjack the thread. guess im just wondering if the dealer with charge me anything (like diagnosis?) if it turns out to be a COP? (i have no money to pay the dealer) i wish it it would just throw a damn code for the COP so i'd know for sure. im getting desperate enuf to spend $150 on three new COPs and i HATE throwing parts at a car when im not positive. but i dont wanna end up ruining a CAT. previous owner already replaced one not to long ago.

Members online

No members online now.
Back