stop lamp bulb

allornothing

LVC Member
Reaction score
Merry Christmas all!
My rear brake light bulb went out on my 98 conti, after looking at it, it appears the rear assembly has to be removed to replace is that correct? It seems like alot to change a bulb, just checking to make sure I'm correct, I'm not the most mechanically inclined and didn't want to take the assembly out when I don't have to.

Boy do I love this car, I look for trips to take just so I can get it out on the highway!

Thanks

You are correct. You have to remove the tail light lens. You need to loosen the side rug in the trunk behind the lens and you will find the fasteners that hold the lens to the body. It's a PITA, but it's the only way to replace the bulbs. I have to do this to both my 1989 and 2000 Continentals.

It's a quick fix.All you have to do is remove a few of the clips holdin the cloth down and then locate the 5 bolts holdin the brake lamp in.There's 2 located in the far top corner will be alil awkward to get out.As long as you remember what goes where you'll be fine,just be careful removing the bulb itself.

Don't touch the bulbs with fingers, and good time to replace them ALL. Test before your button it all up.

Members online

No members online now.
Back