Goodbye Mark8 Hello 96 SVT COBRA MUSTANG

Love it. Hate the headlights and marker lights but love it. Always wanted a black/black '98 cobra. Congrats

Looks nice. Good Luck with her. I personaly liked my Mark more than my Cobra.

I like them both, for different reasons.

My LSC is comfortable and decently quick, nice for a long cruise.

My Cobra is not much more than a motor with a steering wheel attached, but it's much more fun to drive quickly. :D

Jacksun, Enjoy the new ride. :cool:

HPIM3379.jpg

Thanks y'all. I left it in lasers care so itll be alright. Going to let laser turn it into A monster

sick ride dude, cobras are really nice cars. good luck with it, lol it already came slightly modified.

Yea I don't understand all what was done to it prior before. if I understood correctly its been tuned, off road h pipe, kk clutch.

Lol. I was thinking when I was coming up to look at it, it was prob drug dealer who needed money or something like that.

Sheet it was some kid my age with a brand fing new gt 5.0 in there. I think he said his mom was using the car to flit around town in ha.

Ha, a drug dealer wouldn't even deserve this car, or even know what to do, to it. :D New 5.0 must be nice to have at a young age. Mind telling how much you scored her for? :D

Well sorry about your Mark but congrats on the Cobra. You have definately left it in the care of of a guy who cares.

Laser, have fun I know you love doing this stuff and you are damn good at it. Wish I lived closer to Laser as would be at his place all the time playing with the cars and learning as much as I could. Not saying I can't turn a wrench but it is the knowledge and attention to detail that amazes me.

Ha, a drug dealer wouldn't even deserve this car, or even know what to do, to it. :D New 5.0 must be nice to have at a young age. Mind telling how much you scored her for? :D

Might as well had been a drug dealer. Having that 5.0 makes me wonder. But I was searching for a cobra and had found nothing but GTs. Found a black on black 87 cobra fox body and was talking to the guy when my my friend sends me a message saying hey man I found one I think. Was an add on craigslist for it. I called and asked to come see it later. They told me later it hadn't been up longer than 45 minutes. I paid 4500 for it. Apparently it what was well worth it. Engine has been rebuilt. Only 60 xxx on it now.

Well sorry about your Mark but congrats on the Cobra. You have definately left it in the care of of a guy who cares.

Laser, have fun I know you love doing this stuff and you are damn good at it. Wish I lived closer to Laser as would be at his place all the time playing with the cars and learning as much as I could. Not saying I can't turn a wrench but it is the knowledge and attention to detail that amazes me.

Yep he was nice enough to come check it out with Sapper. Told me it was in sound condition so I couldn't resist

So I fixed the speedo and PCV issue today. Bought a crap load of parts including a new AC clutch unit. Not sure but the compressor may be frozen but I will know tomorrow. Found worn inner tie rods and shot sway bar mounts but other then that shes might purdy underneath. Mostly just got off the grime inside and out.

IMGP0004-2.jpg

IMGP0005-1.jpg

IMGP0001-2.jpg

IMGP0002-3.jpg

IMGP0054.jpg

Im glad you fixed all the wiring on there laser... it looked like a 16 year old did some wiring to it

No, they share almost nothing. Completly different suspension and driveline.

king kobra clutch nice, that cars probably really quick. looks a helluva lot better that you cleaned it all up. good luck with it

I like my Cobra better than the Mark, only because of the 5spd. I hope to upgrade mine to a 6 speed some day. Good luck with it.

After driving her last night, I deffinatly want a 6-speed in the Mark, or maybe just get myself a Cobra one day ...wow she's a FUN car to drive. The exhaust sounds amazing. Even tho it's a 5 speed with Cruise Control, I don't see a reason to really use that feature

I like my Cobra better than the Mark, only because of the 5spd. I hope to upgrade mine to a 6 speed some day. Good luck with it.

After driving her last night, I deffinatly want a 6-speed in the Mark, or maybe just get myself a Cobra one day ...wow she's a FUN car to drive. The exhaust sounds amazing. Even tho it's a 5 speed with Cruise Control, I don't see a reason to really use that feature

It's hard to beat the Viper 6 speed I've got in my Cobra. And I do plan to install one in my LSC. :cool:

Installed the FLSFCs today and reinforced the torque boxes. Had it aligned yesterday. Car feels excellent now. Tight and solid with an almost civilized ride. :lol:
Car is almost done just gotta slap on the new brakes and stereo.

IMG_20111206_123823.jpg

IMG_20111206_131024.jpg

IMG_20111206_131040.jpg

But I was searching for a cobra and had found nothing but GTs. Found a black on black 87 cobra fox body

Good thing you passed on that one. Cobra's didnt exist in '87! (Cobra was put on the titles to keep Ford's copyright/patent so they didnt lose it before they made the '93 Cobra. FYI)

SN95 cobras are soo much nicer anyway. I've got a black '94 GT w/ the 5.0 and a 5 speed. I love my SN car.

Good thing you passed on that one. Cobra's didnt exist in '87! (Cobra was put on the titles to keep Ford's copyright/patent so they didnt lose it before they made the '93 Cobra. FYI)

SN95 cobras are soo much nicer anyway. I've got a black '94 GT w/ the 5.0 and a 5 speed. I love my SN car.

I believe there were some Canadian "Cobras" in the late 80's, but with GT drivetrain

Members online

No members online now.
Back