Mark 8 Engine Surge HELP!!!!

that65

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a problem that no one can figure out, engine surges when driving, speeds up a little, sometimes a little more, replaced exuast sensers, checked and cleaned air mass, replaced idle senser, replaced throttle fuel senser, checked all vacuem lines, pluged egr and that didnt work ether, no codes, I have had three mechanics look at it and they cannot figure it out, it doesnt idle right when its cold to, starts and idles up and down in cold weather for about a minute. p.s. this is not the converter.

I have a problem that no one can figure out, engine surges when driving, speeds up a little, sometimes a little more, replaced exuast sensers, checked and cleaned air mass, replaced idle senser, replaced throttle fuel senser, checked all vacuem lines, pluged egr and that didnt work ether, no codes, I have had three mechanics look at it and they cannot figure it out, it doesnt idle right when its cold to, starts and idles up and down in cold weather for about a minute. p.s. this is not the converter.

Well if it is a vac leak I cant find it, I took the throttle body of when replacing parts, replaced the tee fitting from pvc to throttle body, sprayed carb cleaner around every thing, mechanics did this also, would a faulty computer have anything to do with this, it runs fine other than this, p.s. 95 lincoln.

Did you clean the throttle body while it was off? With spray or with anything.

You took the throttle body off...did you replace the gasket or just reuse the old one?

I don't believe the IMRCs are monitored by the computer on a 95 so you wouldn't get a code if one is bad. That would definitely affect your idle(too lean) but I don't know about the surging.

Did you replace your pcv valve? I've seen them fall apart inside and cause a big vacuum leak. Would also check fuel filter and fuel pressure.

I don't believe the IMRCs are monitored by the computer on a 95 so you wouldn't get a code if one is bad. That would definitely affect your idle(too lean) but I don't know about the surging.

It idles fine, a little up and down when I start it, I can live with that, the surgeing is whats bugging the F! out of me.

Did you replace your pcv valve? I've seen them fall apart inside and cause a big vacuum leak. Would also check fuel filter and fuel pressure.

No I didnt, they look like there working when you put your thumb on them when its running, changed fuel filter.

Members online

Back