First Gen Markviii Vs Second Gen Markviii

Which one looks better First Gen or Second Gen

• First Gen Markviii

Votes: 34 40.0%
  • Second Gen Markviii

Votes: 51 60.0%

• Total voters
I had some toolbag busting my balls on youtube telling me that my car looks like a giant dildo going down the track.(Obviously a troll) I said, "Yeah, it's aerodynamic and penetrates the air well." What do you got? No response and I went to his channel and he has a 2002 Chevy Wimpala. Awww, too bad. Could've been an LT-1 and ran 15s. I guess he'd make a good match for my buddy in his Grand Marquis. LOL People are so hilarious but at least on here there isn't that much hate. I don't think :shifty::p

I had some toolbag busting my balls on youtube telling me that my car looks like a giant dildo going down the track.(Obviously a troll) I said, "Yeah, it's aerodynamic and penetrates the air well." What do you got? No response and I went to his channel and he has a 2002 Chevy Wimpala. Awww, too bad. Could've been an LT-1 and ran 15s. I guess he'd make a good match for my buddy in his Grand Marquis. LOL People are so hilarious but at least on here there isn't that much hate. I don't think :shifty::p

My roommate years ago had a Ford Probe with a sales brochure that said they designed the Probe (name too) to sound and look phallic for female driver appeal (and after reading this thread - gay men too I guess)!

Personally, I've had both. And I love both. The GEN2 is nicer all around. But it's slower. My '96 base would walk away from my '97 LSC. Even after I did the 3rd cat delete, H-pipe, and cherry bombs, it was still slower than the '96. Honestly, I used to prefer the looks of the G1 over the G2. But now having owned both, I think I prefer the overall looks of the G2. It's just a nicer looking and more modern car. Even today, a G2 VIII looks like it could have been in production just a few years ago. The G1 is starting to look dated. I do miss my '96 though. I find myself sometimes looking out in my driveway and wishing that my '96 was still sitting there. But oh well. Someone else is enjoying it now.:(

Front of gen 1's seem sexier, gen 2's more comfortable best choice is one of each

Damn.... we're getting killed. Lol!!

Atleast I can change stuff on my '93 w/o a tune! And remove all cats/resonators.... and my TWO oxygen sensors don't care. Lol

I am just glad my car doesn't have a stupid sunroof.... or ugly interior... or the pesky JBL system Lol

I have one of each but Gen 2 is far better
As far as it being slower shove it I ran a best of 14.67 with just a k&n filter.
also I can change my gears and my speedometer is still correct unlike a 1st Gen

This is one of those threads that can go on forever. I for one am NOT voting. I own both Gens. Everyone will have a difference of opinion. Why? EVERYONE has a different taste. IMHO?:

*BOTH need to be highly maintained
*BOTH are VERY nice in their own ways
*Gen II has by far a classier, more modern, luxurious interior (better seats, better looking dash, tilt/telescopic stearing, etc...)
*Gen 1 interior just looks like a Ford in 93 & 94 with the black surrounding the radio & A/C controls
*Gen 1 95-96 they changed it a bit but it wasn't until the Gen 2 came along that it wasn't changed completely.
*Gen 2 doors are way more modern, more Lincoln, less FORD looking & we ALL agree because I constantly see ppl wanting to change their Gen 1 interiors for Gen 2's
*Gen 1's I think are simpler to deal with mechanically because of the simplicity as opposed to the Gen 2's that have way more electronic items such as the very tilt/telescopic stearing. It's manual on the Gen 1's so thats one less issue to worry about.
*Gen 2 rear neons are a pain in so many ppl's @ss. They are beautiful but they are indeed a pain in the @ss
*while on the Gen 1 the rear lights are a quick fix when a bulb goes out in the rear.
*Gen 1's eat VCRM's for breakast, lunch & dinner.
*Gen 2's have blend door issues & get ppl beyond pissed off when they have to find out what has to be done to fix it.
*Gen 1's do indeed have a slicker, meaner looking front end however I believe from a luxurious prospective Lincoln did go a step up with the 2nd Gen headlamps, more modern, more Lincoln.
*Gen 1's from factory are much faster than Gen 2's especially the 93.

So, my overall view? If I had a ton of cash I'd modify the hell out of my Gen 1 since I believe it looks better modified with some sweet wheels, Cobra R hood, etc... (Ex: K9's ride) while my Gen 2 would truly stay 100% stock as they look so much more luxurious than a Gen 1. It looks like a fancier car. Doesn't mean I would keep some nice wheels away from my Gen 2 but that's as far as I'd go with it.

I like the looks of the 1st gen front end better and the performance but everything else 2nd gen. I so happy now I do not have to take sides I have one of both. My 2nd gen is getting painted this weekend. It left Barry' garage to go to the paint shop last friday or it would have been in the garage when it was burnt.

I like the looks of the 1st gen front end better and the performance but everything else 2nd gen. I so happy now I do not have to take sides I have one of both. My 2nd gen is getting painted this weekend. It left Barry' garage to go to the paint shop last friday or it would have been in the garage when it was burnt.

WOW! Now that right there is luck! Just in the nick of time!

I'd rather have a luxury SPORT coupe than a 2-door Towncar... er, I mean, Gen-II. ;) :p

All joking aside, they're both great cars, and I hope to have one (or more) of each someday. Having had a '93 (and currently looking for another OBD-I car), I guess I have a soft spot for the Gen-I's. As has been mentioned before, I do prefer the sportier front end styling of the Gen-I's. If I want to be overly harsh, I'd say the front end of the Gen-II's look like a '98 Towncar because it has little to no aggressive slope to it and the big, bulgy headlights, but on the other hand, I do think it looks kind of like a Lexus SC430 (which came later, of course), and I think even the most hardcore Gen-I guys have to admit, the Mark VIII really did need the bigger headlights. The only other complaint I have with the Gen-II's is they're OBD-II. I prefer the Gen-II's interior and rear end styling. Of course, the Gen I's have the better ECU's ('93) and 1-piece driveshafts ('93). Overall, like I said, they're both nice cars, but I had to vote for the Gen-I's.

yeah but you know what, for 80 bucks we can fix the neon, for 26 bucks we can buy a new blend door, try to even find a blend door for 1st gen, and yes, they break too, and they are nowhere on earth new, only junk yards. and i wouldnt worry about the neon and heat problems, i would worry about seeing where you are driving with your 1903 kerosene lattern headlights, i can see the georgia state line from my driveway halfway down florida with my nice hid's!!

So I guess my HID's arent bright enough? I was under the impression that the Luminarc Lights were brighter then all of the current HIDS made today... Humm :rolleyes:

Lol

My headlights are bright as hell, and they only made the chameleon in gen 1. And a good strong 93 will smoke all others in stock form.

So I guess my HID's arent bright enough? I was under the impression that the Luminarc Lights were brighter then all of the current HIDS made today... Humm :rolleyes:

Lol

yeah but your housings are still the size of a pack of cigarettes and all you have to do is look at them wrong ans you can watch the chrome fall off inside.

all i gotta say is the poll results dont lie!!
the only reason why most of you gen 1 guys bash the gen 2, is because the gen 2 still hold value and are harder to afford, anyone can go out and buy a 500 dollar gen 1 lmfao, i know i have, about 1000 times.

94941 1st gens were built.

31163 2nd gens.

I'm a numbers guy. In the end, my car is going to be rarer and more sought after than a first gen. (rare color combo's being the exception)

1st gens ARE faster, though. I've been walked by a few and owned/driven several. Mine is a weekend/summer cruiser, not a race car. If I wanted a race car, i'd drive a mustang, like everyone else and their mother.

If I ever got another 1st gen, it would have to be a rare color combo. Chamelion specifically :D

i just love to bash the first gen guys. i would own one again no problem, but i am with you it would have to be special, like jeremi's blown black 96 lsc he is building right now on lod, or K9T8M's toreador red 96, or geno's purple mark or his super mark, or a chamelion 95, or if i could find a medium wedgewood blue 96 lsc with lt graphite gray int. i have only seen one wedgewood blue 96, i had it, i parted it out, but it was a base model. i absolutely love that color.

I'm so tired of people saying Gen 1s are faster
Cause the reality is they are not only the 93s had the good tune
And if you look at most members times Gen 1 and 2 from the track stock
they range from 15.2 to 15.4 so imo any mark that hits a sub 15 is faster than most

Put them side-by-side at a roll and watch it pull away from you. It's happened to me more than once. I love all of these cars, but 1/4 mile times aren't always what counts.

you know these threads pop up about twice a year and all it does it start fights , arguements, my dick is bigger than yours, who really gives a :q:q:q:q? in the end they are all mark VIII's abd isnt that why we are here in the first place?

yeah but you know what, for 80 bucks we can fix the neon, for 26 bucks we can buy a new blend door, try to even find a blend door for 1st gen, and yes, they break too, and they are nowhere on earth new, only junk yards. and i wouldnt worry about the neon and heat problems, i would worry about seeing where you are driving with your 1903 kerosene lattern headlights, i can see the georgia state line from my driveway halfway down florida with my nice hid's!!

haha thats why i sent them to you, im gonna try and get a plug and play hid kit from a place by me.

not really what i meant..just the fact of making comments about other people's cars when he can't even drive his own yet

so i cant legally drive, but i can at the same time :p i can make comments, have no idea what not having a permit has to do with commenting on someones car. i love cars, ive been into them since i was like 3 no lie, i could tell you what any car was on the road we passed, even today. i didn't mean anything by it dude, i just don't like green on mark 8's really.

I'm so tired of people saying Gen 1s are faster

I'm working on disproving that fact with a proper setup when it comes to modified vs modified anyways. Oh how nice it will be to have a dyno tune and proper lockup schedule unlike the one now that makes the car fall flat on its face and run mid to high 13s. Low 13s will be this spring. If the motor doesn't give out for some odd reason, I guarantee it to happen. :cool: The biggest fail on a bolt-on Gen2 I strongly believe is the stock intake. I can't say how the Cobra intake compares to the stock Gen1 intake, but the stock Gen1 intake does have twice the runners, but the Cobra intake is night and day compared to the stock Gen2 intake. I can't say it enough, and if someone wants to go all out with a Gen2, they are missing out on some significant gains if they are running the stock intake.

i have driven a 2nd gen, and put lots of miles on one. they're nice. better seats, better interior, smoother and so on.
but i like the look of my 93 better, and i like driving it better.
maybe it's just what i'm used to.

it's also hard to compare a stock 40k 97 to a chipped, geared, jmodded 185k 93.
it's just not the same experience.
i would daily a 2nd gen no problem, but my 93 is just more fun than any other car i've driven up to this point.

It would sure be nice be able to own both gens though.

But like my first car (my mustang) I will never sell my first Mark VIII.

Members online

Back