Overheating issues

trueblues700

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

My name is Joey, I'm 27 years old and I have a Lincoln LS V8 200. Ive had it for about a year now used and recently had a problem with overheating. It keeps leaking radiator fluid. The fluid leaks from underneath the brake booster somewhere. I had brought her into the shop over 4 times and the problem still stands! It would work fine for a couple of miles then back to overheating. They changed the thermostat, tightened hoses that blew off because of pressure building up, new cap, new housing cap, new thermostat housing, got flushed, pressurized and looked over several times again. Still, overheating though! Thats the main issue.

Theres also a battery problem i believe. Ive had this battery brand new now for about 8 months but every time I need to go somewhere I have to jump it. When I shut the car off, it completely dies, COMPLETELY! Then I have to jump it again. I bought a kill switch for it and it helped for a while but was short lived.

The left window shows an E for the gear I'm in sometimes.

I have the "Phantom Beep" every time I have the "Check Transmission" info come on in the information window.

Other than that the car runs great!! When it wants to. Please help if you can..

-Joey

Take a quick read through this Joey. This will answer most of your questions. Sounds like your degas bottle for the overheating. Get the code for the trans checked, possible solenoid body in the transmission. As for the battery, look for something draining your system, check alternator, check battery. Some of the elder folk on here will possibly chime in.

Read here and search the forum. The degas bottle and other coolant components are DIY jobs and are covered on here a :q:q:q:qton.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=61616

Good luck and welcome to LVC!

I just dropped my car off at the ford dealer. They said they will check the electrical system to see whats draining it and give me a new battery if its dead because I have a warranty. They are also going to check the overheating problem...I just hope it wont all be too much money. I do need my car fixed and its the only thing I have to get around..I will keep you updated.

I just went through this coolant issue and overheating.
Cracks in the coolant reservoir tank (well documented on this forum).
System gets hot, pressurizes, forces coolant out the cracks, backfills with air.
Tank is ~$60 from Amazon. Most 3rd party parts companies seem to source the same Dorman tank. It thinner, but it isn't cracked! Replace the stock tube clamps with hose clamps. The reservoir tanks sits right next to and is plumbed across under the brake booster. If your tank is yellowed, suspect the cracks are there, especially if you car is an early 2000 model. Mine was 2001.

im with jmtiseo, with these problems.
im about 100% sure its the degas bottle
and the tranny sileniod.

defanitly, check the connections on your starter, and alt.
pretty sure that would be your problem.
unless of course there is just a cell that went bad in your battery.
crazy things happen.

any hard shifting problems, the tranny solenoid is not cheap.. but changing it yourself is, rather than having someone else do it..

Members online

Back