New owner of the Lincoln LSx..........

missouri, with the exception of st louis, is pretty chill on emissions and motor swaps really.

as long as it looks pretty stock, you'll be alright here.

I could probably tow it in an pass lol. HP tuners will make the obd2 pass, safety is a joke. It also helps to know people just to make sure there are no issues.

What I say all the time is there was no way I would have bought a LS with the V8. I looked and looked and finally got my V6. I researched like mad on these cars and found huge failure rate with the V8.(gen1 mostly) If this car came with the 4.6 I would buy in a heart beat.

Your smart yet retarded at the same time. You have a de-stroked jag motor and your talking about chevy engines being an insult. Do you actually believe your bullchit? I'm guessing your not sure til you finish typing. So because he has a chevy motor in a Lincoln that should have a Jag motor in your eyes he is the village idiot and the car is the daughter and we here at LVC are unwashed scum. I just wanna make sure that I got this right because if your were standing in front of me saying this, I would give you one these *holds up fist* right in your suck-hole.

LMAO!!! WTF?!
This bickering between y'all is amussing i must say.
i agree, EVEYONE don't have the time nor the money
to rebuild a motor, specially if thats their only car,
or if they just dont feel like speading all that time
doing it. if they wanna buy parts off the self vs. having
them special made. then so be it!... leave them alone.
and as for hot rodding, it aint the 50's and 60's times
have changed. sorry y'all had to use a open fire, a log,
and a sledge hammer to make custom parts.

just saying, just cause "you" "built and have the fastest land speed
record" dont mean your s h i t dont stink. to me its kind of sad
to say that you hold the record and tell ppl where to go to see
your name and car, but yet since it was your project, and your car
why not post pictures of you working on the car or driving it
other than whats on the web. i can look up a bad a s s car that
has a name to go with it and say ITS ME!!! but i dont cause thats childish.
and giving your like 102 since youve done so much with your life
id like to think an old man wouldnt lie about something like that.
but stranger things have happend... like the lsx. lol

i wouldnt have put a chevy motor in a ford... but i didnt built it,
it was outta my hands. so i cant do nothing but to apprietiate the fact
that someone took the time to make it look good in there.
Bit ching about it is not going to change the car, and the fact on how
ppl wanna build thier cars, and how they build them.

so buck up pal.... itll be ok mr. landspeed record ;)

^^^ no offensive to you philly.
it was directed to cammerfe.

and i must say your last post about the sucker-whole
made me spit out my milk when i read it :D

All Done!

One thing about an argument on the internet is that somebody often resorts to being really tough. But threats start when your brain won't work.:rolleyes:

When you attempt to reason with cretins you start by lowering yourself to the cretin's level. Sorry I did that.

Those who can, do! Those who can't, well...

Done with the conversation. Have fun, boys!!

KS

to me its kind of sad
to say that you hold the record and tell ppl where to go to see
your name and car, but yet since it was your project, and your car
why not post pictures of you working on the car or driving it
other than whats on the web. i can look up a bad a s s car that
has a name to go with it and say ITS ME!!!

Holding the a speed record in the ls when it wasn't meant for speed sounds pretty cool to me. He can't upload pics, has trouble or doesn't know how. Someone got the picture and uploaded them for him I believe.

Most of those cars are cheaply made.

I will take my luxury, 280hp LS over any of those even if they came with 950hp at the rear wheels.

Srongly disagree about the "cheaply made" comment.

Have you owned an 03-04 Cobra or Charger SRT8?

The Lincoln is definitely no better in quality than any of those....they all have their pros and cons. The Lincoln has more "luxuries" for sure...LOL.

Honestly, my 2006 Honda Civic is the most solid, well built car that I've owned. It has 110,000 miles and still looks new...inside and out. That's why it's my daily driver....that, and 34-37 mpg no matter how it gets driven. My LS is definitely in my top 5 most fun cars that I've owned. lol

No and never will. I like exclusivity.

I have friends who have both of those cars.
The Charger looks like it was pieced together like Legos - inside and out. I don't find that car very attractive - it has no detail work. If a car is not up to my standards, i don't really car how fast it goes.

As far as the Cobra goes, not really my style.

Both Breitling and Timex give the same time.... I will take Breitling over Timex.

No and never will. I like exclusivity.

I have friends who have both of those cars.
The Charger looks like it was pieced together like Legos - inside and out. I don't find that car very attractive - it has no detail work. If a car is not up to my standards, i don't really car how fast it goes.

As far as the Cobra goes, not really my style.

Both Breitling and Timex give the same time.... I will take Breitling over Timex.

I don't associate a 10 year old Lincoln with exclusivity, especially when my daily driver Honda Civic has a higher blue book value with more miles LOLOLOLOL.

My Tag keeps time just fine....I guess I'm just a middle of the road type of guy. Middle class cars, middle class watch, middle class house...just livin' the American dream.

You cant compare the blue book value of a car from 2006 with one from 2002.

Also if you havent been in a gen 2 or an 06 LS...theyre way nicer.

You cant compare the blue book value of a car from 2006 with one from 2002.

Also if you havent been in a gen 2 or an 06 LS...theyre way nicer.

2006 Lincoln LS still books for less than 2006 Civic EX coupe...according to KBB... Just sayin.

Edit: I used 110,000 as mileage on both.

KBB sucks.

I use NADA and mine comes out to $14,450 with all the options and 73K miles.

The civic comes out to 12K with same mileage and all options.

regardless i wouldint pay 5K for a civic.

a48pxf.jpg

In the end a Honda is nowhere near a Lincoln.

KBB sucks.

I use NADA and mine comes out to $14,450 with all the options and 73K miles.

The civic comes out to 12K with same mileage and all options.

regardless i wouldint pay 5K for a civic.

Even still....we're not that far off. I'm happy, considering I paid $13,999 for the civic 3 years and 85,000 miles ago. I have never owned a car that has cost me less to own. This is retarded...LOL. You can't even compare the 2 cars....I was just stating that the Lincoln LS lacks exclusivity. If that's what I was about, I would be rolling an AMG Benz, M-series BMW, New, big body Lexus, etc.

In the end, my car depreciated $10,000, yours depreciated $35,000. Got it.

Not saying the Lincoln doesn't have more cool :q:q:q:q, but the depreciation is pretty sad. I have wayyyyyy more than blue book in my Lincoln.

How does it lack it??

Its not a common car and its full of luxury for a good price. I see civics everyday. I might see one or two LS's in a week and theyre usually base models.

How does it lack it??

Its not a common car and its full of luxury for a good price. I see civics everyday. I might see one or two LS's in a week and theyre usually base models.

Obviously, exclusivity is in the eye of the beholder here.. 90% of the LS's that I see in the St. Louis area are ragged out piles of :q:q:q:q. There are a few nices ones, but they are few and far between. I can respect any well kept vehicle regardless of year/make/model.

I am probably the least brand biased person on this board. In the past 3 years, I have had a Honda, Chevys, Fords, Mazdas, the Lincoln, a Toyota etc lol.

Oh yeah, I am a big Cadillac fan, btw. I'm really wanting a >2009 CTS-V :D

I'd rather have the sts-v. More room and not as common.

Only thing is it has a northstar.

I'd rather have the sts-v. More room and not as common.

Only thing is it has a northstar.

Yup. Badass cars. They should have used the 4.0 jag motor though....

Jk. LSa would have been my engine choice for the sts-v for sure.

I don't associate a 10 year old Lincoln with exclusivity, especially when my daily driver Honda Civic has a higher blue book value with more miles LOLOLOLOL.

My Tag keeps time just fine....I guess I'm just a middle of the road type of guy. Middle class cars, middle class watch, middle class house...just livin' the American dream.

I don't know how you can speak of "value" and compare a $45,000 Lincoln LS to a econobox Civic.
The time that was spent on desgining a headlight for the LS took more work than desigining your whole car.

You chose Timex over Breitling, i respect that.

Even still....we're not that far off. I'm happy, considering I paid $13,999 for the civic 3 years and 85,000 miles ago. I have never owned a car that has cost me less to own. This is retarded...LOL. You can't even compare the 2 cars....I was just stating that the Lincoln LS lacks exclusivity. If that's what I was about, I would be rolling an AMG Benz, M-series BMW, New, big body Lexus, etc.

In the end, my car depreciated $10,000, yours depreciated $35,000. Got it.

Not saying the Lincoln doesn't have more cool :q:q:q:q, but the depreciation is pretty sad. I have wayyyyyy more than blue book in my Lincoln.

Again, you are speaking of "exclusivity" and talking about BMWs. I don't know what i see more often BMWs or Nissans/Toyotas............BMWs

Members online

Back