New owner of the Lincoln LSx..........

I have six bottles, so I never run out, and the components now on my car, including the nitrous oxide and methanol combination offer more than six hundred HP---although I don't think the powdered-metal factory rods and cast pistons would stand up for very long at that level. And I have driven almost 150K miles 'without a worry'.

You've labeled yourself since I didn't apply that characterization to YOU, but to the majority of the unwashed who can't think any further than the usual chib powerplant. The rest of your sentence is incomprehensible.

I didn't comment to start a pissing match, or to do a 'mine is bigger than yours-haha'. There are factory versions of the original V-8 engine that offer 500 HP+. I simply believe the original swapper had no imagination, and created a second---or third-class combination. As I said to start with, the car looks great.

KS

If imagination isn't using an engine that NO ONE else has swapped-in, then I don't know what is......
You say you didn't comment here to start a pissing match, but when you tell someone that they did THEIR car "the wrong way", that comes off as a pissing match....... Just sayin' lol.

My 1993 LS1 RX7 got me the same kind of attention.... :D

I have six bottles, so I never run out, and the components now on my car, including the nitrous oxide and methanol combination offer more than six hundred HP---although I don't think the powdered-metal factory rods and cast pistons would stand up for very long at that level. And I have driven almost 150K miles 'without a worry'.

You've labeled yourself since I didn't apply that characterization to YOU, but to the majority of the unwashed who can't think any further than the usual chib powerplant. The rest of your sentence is incomprehensible.

I didn't comment to start a pissing match, or to do a 'mine is bigger than yours-haha'. There are factory versions of the original V-8 engine that offer 500 HP+. I simply believe the original swapper had no imagination, and created a second---or third-class combination. As I said to start with, the car looks great.

KS
On a serious note; do you have any videos/dyno numbers/track times on your car? It sounds like a crazy setup.

Also, just curious.... What would a V8 LS run with a bottle on it? I can't find one faster than 13.3 in the 1/4 mile, but that is just serching Youtube real quick. That should be a VERY easy time for my car to run...

Most of us don't track our vehicles let alone install nitrous. You won't find much in terms of times and such but a stock LS8 without nitrous does 0-60 in around 6 seconds and about high 14's in the quarter mile.

Most of us don't track our vehicles let alone install nitrous. You won't find much in terms of times and such but a stock LS8 without nitrous does 0-60 in around 6 seconds and about high 14's in the quarter mile.

That's kind of what I figured. He kind of made it sound like a common thing, so I kind of did some research and came up with almost nothing. I have been driving LS1 cars for several years....it's what I know and what I love. I can respect anything with a good amount of work in it, or fast, or whatever....regardless of make.

Here are some of my previous cars from the last 2 years... You can obviously tell, I'm more of a drag racer/street racing than anything.
IMAG1196.jpg

1999CamaroZ28027-1.jpg

c8bd82d9.jpg

MonJan25071411CST2010.jpg

Carshowpics004.jpg

Photo0411.jpg

LS2Camaro001.jpg

And my daily...
Photo0284.jpg

Continued Hoo-Ha

On a serious note; do you have any videos/dyno numbers/track times on your car? It sounds like a crazy setup.

Also, just curious.... What would a V8 LS run with a bottle on it? I can't find one faster than 13.3 in the 1/4 mile, but that is just serching Youtube real quick. That should be a VERY easy time for my car to run...

There's a lot of information in 'Land Speed LS' in the HP section so I won't repeat it here. Although I started drag-racing back in the late '50s, I've never thought of the LS as a drag vehicle and I started land speed racing it at Maxton. As you'll note, I'm in process---little-by-little---of putting together an AJ27 engine with a pair of turbos, to make it possible to go into the blown fuel class. That record is now almost 185 so I'll need a pretty good load to take that record also.

It seems to be generally understood that the rods, pistons, and so on will take a 150 shot of spray with no ill effects. That should mean that one can get close to 400 HP for every-day use. Going on beyond that point will require upgraded bottom-end components.

You bought your car with the engine already in it. But I've believed all my life that ANYTHING from GM is second rate and particularly insulting when put in a Lincoln. Yours is a thoroughly nice car---with the wrong engine in it!;)

KS

There's a lot of information in 'Land Speed LS' in the HP section so I won't repeat it here. Although I started drag-racing back in the late '50s, I've never thought of the LS as a drag vehicle and I started land speed racing it at Maxton. As you'll note, I'm in process---little-by-little---of putting together an AJ27 engine with a pair of turbos, to make it possible to go into the blown fuel class. That record is now almost 185 so I'll need a pretty good load to take that record also.

It seems to be generally understood that the rods, pistons, and so on will take a 150 shot of spray with no ill effects. That should mean that one can get close to 400 HP for every-day use. Going on beyond that point will require upgraded bottom-end components.

You bought your car with the engine already in it. But I've believed all my life that ANYTHING from GM is second rate and particularly insulting when put in a Lincoln. Yours is a thoroughly nice car---with the wrong engine in it!;)

KS

This is where we will NEVER agree.... This IS the CORRECT engine for this car...I like to go fast, plain and simple. At least with this car, I can drive it to work daily and take my 7 months old daughter along without a worry.
My car is knocking on the door of 400rwhp NA, has the american muscle car sound, with the added class of a Lincoln...how can you go wrong?

It doesn't matter what you say or thinkg, the LSx is a great engine platform that's used in SEVERAL different cars and trucks today. It is a well proven engine with performance, reliablity, fuel mileage, etc...I can get parts ANYWHERE for this thing. I don't have to order custom :q:q:q:q from anywhere.

Not quite hooked up....but maybe someday :D
IMAG0462.jpg

That RX-7 is dope :D

Thanks... That car was a blast as well. LS1 with heads, cam, 4L60e, 03 Cobra diff in the IRS, spray, etc. It was definitely a handful on street tires. It would dead hook on the slicks though.

This is where we will NEVER agree.... This IS the CORRECT engine for this car...I like to go fast, plain and simple. At least with this car, I can drive it to work daily and take my 7 months old daughter along without a worry.
My car is knocking on the door of 400rwhp NA, has the american muscle car sound, with the added class of a Lincoln...how can you go wrong?

It doesn't matter what you say or thinkg, the LSx is a great engine platform that's used in SEVERAL different cars and trucks today. It is a well proven engine with performance, reliablity, fuel mileage, etc...I can get parts ANYWHERE for this thing. I don't have to order custom :q:q:q:q from anywhere.

Not quite hooked up....but maybe someday :D
IMAG0462.jpg

Plebeian thinking!:D (Somebody s h i t in your engine compartment!:)

Seriously, if you are thinking about a spray system, look at NX. I used NOS back in the late '70s, and still have some of their hardware. For the LS project I first went with ZEX, but quickly got a sponsorship from NX. The ZEX system is OK for street, but the NX package is like night and day. And remember, my car is not only a National Record Holder, it's a daily driver. The back seat room is somewhat cut down by the roll-cage and the fire-suppression system but I don't have little kids anymore so it's no problem. I use the factory belts for everyday use instead of the six-point system.

KS

No doubt they are solid motors.

I wouldint mind driving around in a G8 but for my lincoln id rather have a ford engine.

The main point is the LS1 or what ever letters for the new chevy small block will and does kick the poop out of the LS 3.9L. PLAIN and SIMPLE end of story. My buddy has a big all alum LS1 or what ever it is and has gone 9.6's in full weight(3400)steet driving 2000 camaro. Car drives like a stocker. All motor on street tires no slicks.

The main point is the LS1 or what ever letters for the new chevy small block will and does kick the poop out of the LS 3.9L. PLAIN and SIMPLE end of story. My buddy has a big all alum LS1 or what ever it is and has gone 9.6's in full weight(3400)steet driving 2000 camaro. Car drives like a stocker. All motor on street tires no slicks.

Nobody is denying that.

And a coyote will kick the piss out of that engine. But thats not being debated.

Ok and what is that?

You really dont know??

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Nobody is denying that.

And a coyote will kick the piss out of that engine. But thats not being debated.

You really dont know??

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The coyote is great engine but not there in N/A form to even beat my buddies engine. Is that a 4 cly or a 6? Is that the supra engine?

The 2JZ-GTE is the turbocharged inline six....yeah its from the supra.

2JZ-GE is the non turbo engine. Yes i was an import guy before my lincoln. I was all about nissan/toyota.

"Mine's bigger than yours is"

Looks like a turbo'd Lexus to me.

I once knew a guy who put a Merlin from a P-51 fighter in a '29 Ford sedan. Drove it on the street sitting beside the engine. Back in the mid '50s.

You can always find a bigger, badder example if you work at it. 'Machts nichts', as they say.

KS

I really hope this LS1 could propel my LS deep into the 12's NA.... I don't think that is unrealistic. The real trick will be launching the car hard on the 19" street tires without wheel hoping, blowing the tires off, or breaking something. :D

I don't like mutt cars. A 2JZ doesnt belong in a domestic vehicle. An LS1 doesnt belong in an RX-7.

I don't mind mixing and matching makes with motors. But c'mon, at least stay on the same continent.

Yeah well we shouldint have jaguar engines in our cars Esther but it is what it is.

I don't like mutt cars. A 2JZ doesnt belong in a domestic vehicle. An LS1 doesnt belong in an RX-7.

I don't mind mixing and matching makes with motors. But c'mon, at least stay on the same continent.

yeah a ls motor (not lincoln) belongs in a rx7 rotatory sucks

LS1's belong in old Datsun Z cars :D

You should spray it and go find the guy from Spec clutches and race his LS, see how that small block Chevy stands up to a mod motor.

LOL oh yea the aluminator with 750 rwhp?! That thing is a beast!!

Plebeian thinking!:D (Somebody s h i t in your engine compartment!:)

And remember, my car is not only a National Record Holder, it's a daily driver. The back seat room is somewhat cut down by the roll-cage and the fire-suppression system but I don't have little kids anymore so it's no problem. I use the factory belts for everyday use instead of the six-point system.

KS

I have read a few post about your bad ass LS and why are there no pics of this car?

Members online

No members online now.
Back