Reaction score
http://nashville.craigslist.org/cto/2670240766.html

5V45Z25T03nb3k43mcbaqc815835f084814e3.jpg

5V35T25U33n73oa3l7baq03a3b2f373371db8.jpg

5V25U15S13n73p53l2baq9f5d1531578b1ffe.jpg

5T55P35S53ne3p33lcbaqa10b17bb27dc19f0.jpg

crazy

Last edited:
Something about putting anything under 400 cubic inches of engine in that car doesn't seem right...

Nice. Very cool car. I certainly wouldn't mind having something like that.

About a week ago, I found a 67 or 68 Cougar project car for sale with a good body, but it didn't have an engine or trans, and for a couple minutes there, I got the crazy idea to swap a Mark VIII engine/trans/IRS setup in it. It would be cool, and I have the parts for it already, but I don't have the money I'd need to build something like that right now. Would be nice, though.

Problem is an acquaintance of mine has a 66' Fairlane as his street/Drag car and it is all FE powered. However it is 428 SCJ powered after the 427 Side Oiler tossed it's cookies.

Then the pro built eagle rod 428 windowed the block with 3 or 4 rods cause the cam dropped into the moving parts.

I tried to convince him to either go with a 429/460 series engine or a 4.6 cause his fastest run to date is only a 12.5@105 with those boat anchors :p

That was my first car! Mine was blue with black deluxe interior with buckets/console and a 390 2-bbl auto. I miss that car. Although the 4.6 in the Fairlane is high-tech and cool, that car needs a big block.

Yeah but I have a brand new HO 502 and a 90' Firebird to put it in. However I can get an LS series GM engine to make 1200HP and save me quite a few hundred pounds of weight :D

Never thought I would see the day when I didn't want a Big Block but new school makes old school just out dated :(

There's no substitute for cubic inches!

No replacement for displacement!

Bigger is better!

I love big blocks!!!

But that's just me:D

yes there is now a replacement, Technology and boost can beat the :q:q:q:q out of it now a days

I love the old cars that is why I am building the 68 cougar. However things like the new 5.0 that make as much as my built 393 and get double to triple the mpg and is a more compact package

Don't get me wrong. I LOVE a big block, especially the Ford 385-series (429/460 line). There's nothing like that feel you get when you step on the gas in a big block car, but the biggest reason I like this is it's different. You EXPECT to see a big block stuffed into a car like that, and you expect it to make that big block sound because that's what everybody does. Of course, if you're just looking for a ton of neck-snapping torque off the line, you can't go wrong with a big block.

I've got to go with the technology. Everybody has big blocks in their old school muscle cars, it's nice to see something different.

I love the old cars that is why I am building the 68 cougar. However things like the new 5.0 that make as much as my built 393 and get double to triple the mpg and is a more compact package

Its all in what you want out of the car.
385 series make all the torque a man could want, stroked push rod small blocks hold their own.
4.6 or coyote make good hp plus the mpg to drive it more then a 1/4 mile at a time.
If its a driver its a no brainier go mod.

If its a race car.....385 series.

What's your point
this was talk of how technology means you don't need cubic inches if that is true why hasn't he been beat by a small block.
And turbo was invented in 1905 far from new technology

What he means is that car would not be that fast without boost. It would be fast but not that fast. Also its not a FE. LOL

Members online

Back