First round of mods to the Lincoln LSX nearly complete

Scoobie

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased the 2002 Lincoln LS from a forum member that has an LS1 and T56 swap over from an 02 Pontiac Trans Am a couple years back. The car runs great, is a blast to drive and I am very happy with my purchase. However, I will never stop modding anything I own and am seeking to increase power and refine the car into more of a sleeper.

For those of you unfamiliar with the car, it started life as a Lincoln LS V8 with around 100K on the car. Now it is what I like to call the Lincoln LSX. My wife calls it "Frankenstein"

I purchased the car with a Thunder Racing TRAK camshaft, Patriot Gold Springs, 3" true dual exhaust from the stock manifolds back thru 2 Magnaflow Mufflers, a short shifter and a 2004 Pontiac GTO stock air intake assembly. Because it was an 02 Trans Am, it came with the LS6 intake manifold. It dynoed 363 RWHP a couple months back with the previous owner who did a lot of cosmetic enhancements that look wonderful. It has a lot of top end but not much low end so I'm working on that.

http://youtu.be/vRvv3DJlah8

The primary reason that I was shopping for a new car was because my wife was 8 1/2 months pregnant and all we had was her 06 Nissan Altima, my old 02 Land Rover Discovery II and my 07 Z06. The Land Rover was a mechanical basket case so I sold her and got permission from the wife to buy another F-body or GTO so that my son could ride with us. It was to be a cash only purchase so I had to stay within budget. Additionally, I am PCS'ing to Germany in February and so I needed to quiet down my new purchase and make it more baby friendly. My beautiful wife gave birth to my first born, Jaxon Scott on October 30th, this car was because of him. For all you fathers out there, you know just how much I love him.

I stumbled across the Lincoln on LS1tech.com and it was only 90 miles away! Here are some pictures of what I've been up to the last couple days since my Son came home. New exhaust will replace the 3" with a 2.5" set up including 2 Hi-Flo Magnaflow Cats, Powersticks by Classic Chambered Exhaust and new bullet Magnaflow Mufflers. Gotta quiet it down for my newborn and improve low-end.

The beautiful LS powered Lincoln

Ported and Powdercoated Stock TB and MAF ends

Bought a used New Era Performance C.A.I. from Larry @ AMS off of his 2004 GTO to replace the stock 2004 GTO air assembly. Replaced the TB silicone with one off of eBay as I am going with a Blue/Black/Gray theme. Additionally, this eBay silicone 90 degree bend gave me better clearance than the silicone the C.A.I. came with which rubbed the fan. New Silver Generic K&N from O'Reilly Autoparts.

BBK Shortie Headers to replace the stock manifolds. No way a long or mid length would fit without serious modification.

You can see my clearance issues. I had to have the flange cut off and a 6" extension welded on to clear on the driver side.

Smog Block Off Plates by HawksThirdGen

I cleaned up the Valve Covers and well, the whole engine as best I could too. I plan on getting some new blue wires to complement my new TR55 plugs and have 408 Trans Am powdercoat my Valve Covers and Coil Rails. After that, I'll be looking into replacing the Cam and Heads before I ship the car to Germany in January.
----- Today's Update ------
Well she runs again after the header/CAI/TB install but poorly with just the shorties bolted up. I Will be towing her to the Exhaust shop tomorrow to get the 2.5" X TD exhaust bolted up. Still haven't gotten any tips though. Thinking black or black chrome but damn are they expensive. Probably have her tuned and re-dynoed within 2 weeks. Hoping for 385 RWHP and a healthier Tq Curve. I'll keep this thread going on it as I get things done. Thank you for all the kind words.

I would love to see this car in person sometime. I'm right in St Robert. Let me know if it is a possibility.

I saw this car on youtube a few times. Does you climate control and all of that fumction?

sort of? the climate control does not work, but the heat and air conditioning does. but mostly in an "all or nothing" situation. unless this has been worked on.

I would love to see this car in person sometime. I'm right in St Robert. Let me know if it is a possibility.

you guy are right down 44 from me in rolla.

Beautiful car. I love the rims. Just in case you don't love them, I'm only a pm away : ) .

Beautiful car. I love the rims. Just in case you don't love them, I'm only a pm away : ) .

Damn I can't believe he sold that car. Lol and he just put the rims on not to long ago because I got Mine around the same Time. I could never sell something I had put that much work into.

Good luck new owner. Glad your keeping the car on this forum so we can all still see it. :)

Nice work. Looks great. The up-grades will really help.

Hope to see it in June at the LS meet in St Louis.:D

Looking real good, not sure how the OP is back on Nov 6, but the replies are just now coming in???

I don't remember seeing this thread. That LS is awesome!

Congrats on the newborn!

Keep up the good work on the mods, looking great so far

Must be fun to drive an LS with a REAL V8! Thats the way to go, not fiddling around trying to get the stock engine turbo'd or SC.

One thing i noticed in your pic's is your center armrest looks like it is starting to crack right where your elbow would rest while driving. Sucks. Mine is doing the same thing. Thinking of getting it redone in real leather to replace the crappy stock vinyl.

One other thing, i bought my LS orginally because of having a family and the LS had a very good safety rating to protect the little one.

Thats the way to go, not fiddling around trying to get the stock engine turbo'd or SC

So long as you don't need to register the car other than off-road use only. Nor care if the electronics work (i.e. either freeze with full A/C or roast with full heat). There is no way that car can be registered for on-road use in California.

None the less, nice exercise in modding.

Congrats on the new baby! Enjoy your son while he's young, before he starts challenging your authority. Keep involved as much as you can in his life; that will help cement your relationship.

Nasty Comment

Considering the horrible excuse for an engine :D ;) that's in your car, it looks great. Please keep us aware of what's going on!

KS

The armrest in my '02 is leather, not vinyl.

KS

I remember my '02 had a smaller armrest console than the '05, maybe they used leather. I would call it more pleather than actual leather. Nonetheless its starting to crack right where my elbow sits while driving. Tried using the stuff to fix cracks in leather and now it just looks like black gum stuck to the armrest. Wondering how black suede would look on just the upper part??

I remember my '02 had a smaller armrest console than the '05, maybe they used leather. I would call it more pleather than actual leather. Nonetheless its starting to crack right where my elbow sits while driving. Tried using the stuff to fix cracks in leather and now it just looks like black gum stuck to the armrest. Wondering how black suede would look on just the upper part??

No suede just replace it with another from a junkyard in good condition.

And to the op the car is hot.

I would do an interior swap to black, drilled and slotted rotors with lines, and a supercharger.

Members online

No members online now.
Back