Simple Question

What year Continental, and are you referring to the intial chime when you turn the car on, or one during the drive?

crookshanks said:
What year Continental, and are you referring to the intial chime when you turn the car on, or one during the drive?

Its an 01 Continental and I am talking about the chime that comes on and off while you are driving with no seat belt on.

01honestabe said:
Its an 01 Continental and I am talking about the chime that comes on and off while you are driving with no seat belt on.

Is the sensor broke or is it because you don't wear your seatbelt?

01honestabe said:
Its because I dont wear my seat belt. I just want to know if there is a way I can disable the chime.

I guess, why not? Ever think of how it will save your life?

As for disabling, you can open up the seat belt buckle and you should be able to locate the latch sensor. I don't have my book with me, but you should be able to either trip the sensor or create a continous closed circuit with it.

I like wearing my seatbelt! My chime continues though as it must think I'm not wearing it but really I am. In my state it's $65 for a seatbelt ticket and my area is referred to as Mayberry a lot. So I'd rather not chance it but at the same time I'd like the warning to stop. Any suggestions? car is 2001 continental

Not that I value or approve of not using your seatbelt but you could go to the bone yard, cut the harness and take the piece that connects into the lock. Then your car remains untouched.

Members online

No members online now.
Back