Continental picture thread!

john doe

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
So,I was checking out the Ls threads,and I saw that they have a great thread devoted to pictures of their Lincolns,so I thought it'd be a good idea to get one started for the Continentals.Any year Conti,even if they're crappy cell phone pics,it dosen't matter,just post them up here.
IMAG0106-1.jpg

IMAG0098-1.jpg

IMAG0094-1.jpg

IMAG0080.jpg

http://
IMAG0075.jpg

IMAG0084.jpg

At the time i let it go i was just about finished with college. gas mileage is not the issue, but with the amount of work my Continental was soon going to need at the time it was not going to be the best daily driver anymore.:(

So I bought the Town Car. Larger? yes. same gas mileage? yes. But it was far less tempermental than the 94 was. I drive alot when I am working. Town cars, Crown vics, Grand Marquis they go 600k miles easy without breaking a sweat, and they are extremely affordable to fix. So I went with a nice big Town Car.:)

Eventually I will have another 94 Continental. But it will not be a daily driver:L

My new (old) car: 1995 Continental

Picked up my new ride last week. It has 215,000 KM; paid $1400 for it. Will need to address the air ride at some point... hopefully it will get me around for a long time.

1995 Lincoln Continental.jpg

1995 Lincoln Conti 3.jpg

1995 Lincoln Conti 2.jpg

Picked up my new ride last week. It has 215,000 KM; paid $1400 for it. Will need to address the air ride at some point... hopefully it will get me around for a long time.

That's not bad for 1400,and it looks like it's in good condition.At least it's expected for a car with that many miles to start having some suspension issue,but lets just hope it won't happen anytime soon.

Haha don't everyone throw their pictures up at once.I just did some small changes to my Linc,and thought I'd share again.I got the pinstripe removed,and there was a little sailboat that was painted by the dealer,also removed.I got the windshield tinted,I plasti dip the chrome bar at the end of the roof and the chrome strip that went from the top of the driver/passenger window to the side mirrors,and removed the chrome pillars and I also added led switchback turn signals.I also just pasti-dip a wheel off of my other continental that was in rough looking shape,and it looks brand new now.
005-1-1.jpg
IMG00173-20111001-1812-1.jpg
IMG00177-20111001-1814-1.jpg
IMG00167-20111001-1811-1.jpg
IMG00215-20111022-1603.jpg
haha sorry about the picture sizes..

What's plasti-dip? If I remember I'll post pics of my 97. It's got a new motor, tranny, converted to springs, redid the whole coolant system, almost done redoing the a/c just needs a new condenser, and a few other fixes. Needs new paint as clear coat is acting up on the rear of the roof. Also needs to get retinted I have 30% currently but think it's too light. Interior is pretty clean

What's plasti-dip? If I remember I'll post pics of my 97. It's got a new motor, tranny, converted to springs, redid the whole coolant system, almost done redoing the a/c just needs a new condenser, and a few other fixes. Needs new paint as clear coat is acting up on the rear of the roof. Also needs to get retinted I have 30% currently but think it's too light. Interior is pretty clean

Plasti-dip is a spray on synthetic rubber that once it dries looks basically like a matte black finish,check out some youtube vids on it.The good part about it is that it can be removed very easily,it's very durable and requires no sanding.How much different does the ride feel with the springs compared to the air ride?With tints it all depends on where you live and what the local cops let people get away with.I never have a problem with cops about my windshield or side tint,so I wouldn't have it any other way,but I would recommend 50 or 35% windshield with 5 on the sides,that's the perfect tint combo.When you do post up pics throw in an interior shot with the white led lights.

I'll get the interior pics for you tomorrow. I used to have blue leds and the white are just so much brighter. Pics of my conti are on cardomain which include both exterior and interior shots. I can't get away with 5% here but am aiming at 15% which will be a stretch but should be doable. I'll def think about the windshield. Oh and as to the spring conversion, I really liked the airbags but curbed it in my gfs gay driveway two years ago and well messed up a bag. The springs ride well but the rear of the car doesn't get as high as it did with bags which I miss and I don't think the springs compare when having passengers in the back. You'll notice that going over speed bumps. Luckily, no one rides in my backseat too often. Can't beat the piece of mind though of never having to worry about bags again. Oh and you wont be able to get ride of the check air ride on the dash which sucks.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/836894/1997-lincoln-continental

contit.jpg

That's a nice lookin ride,especially like the first pic on the 2nd pg..I like what you did with the clear corners,I'm nervous to open the headlight,but I want to do that badly.I like the blue led interior I was even thinking about green to match the dash,but white is just a much cleaner look.I say FTW and just go with the windshield tint if your going to go darker on the sides anyways,the look is well worth the risk of cops.What type of rims were you thinking of?Well sorry to hear about your air ride,I will be converting to springs once my air ride craps out,I'm just hoping I don't lose to much of my smooth ride.

The springs give a smooth ride, and it's all good with the age of the car it was bound to happen eventually. I actually very much like the 18 inch cobra speedsters that a lot of the mark guys have. There is A LOT of road construction in my area at the moment which is keeping me from doing paint and rims due to pot holes and and little rocks kicking up off the road. It's a work in progress but my main thing atm is making sure all my mechanical components are gradually getting replaced. I loved the blue lights but do agree the white is a much cleaner look. The car has LEDS throughout inside and out minus the sylvania silverstar turn signal and HIDS.

Alright good to know when it's time to convert it won't be that bad,and I know what you mean especially the money you'll save yourself in the long run.I have the same issue in my area,craters everywhere in the road,but no construction.You can't go wrong with the speedsters or even some 100 spokes,they'll both look really good on there.You should get the led switch back turn signal bulbs,they're white while driving and parked,and they turn amber when you use the blinker or hazard.

100 spokes sound like a pita to keep clean lol. I'll look into switchbacks they sound legit. What are the next plans for your ride?

Yea I would dread having to clean them spokes,I dread just cleaning my 10 spoke thoroughly so I would def not look forward to cleaning those wheels.Look at youtube videos of the led switchback turn signals,they look real good with the hids.I'm going to plasti-dip the chrome trim under the headlights and tails,and the door handles since I can literally just peel this stuff off if I don't like the look.I'm going to change the interior to white leds and the license plate lights,but I do like the multicolor lights they gave for the map lamps when you got conti's with the sunroof.I will soon need some new door speakers,because I can't get enough of this song bass cannon that is just killing my speakers,but loving my sub.Aside from that new wheels is a must,I hate looking at all that space in between the wheels and fenders.I think I'll be doing that after the winter passes.What about you anything besides wheels?

I would like to get a new head unit probably a Double Din DVD player, Fresh Paint, Redo the interior, Re-Tint, Redo the Exhaust. Probably redo everything just go have a nice project for when I graduate :p

Haha don't everyone throw their pictures up at once.I just did some small changes to my Linc,and thought I'd share again.I got the pinstripe removed,and there was a little sailboat that was painted by the dealer,also removed.I got the windshield tinted,I plasti dip the chrome bar at the end of the roof and the chrome strip that went from the top of the driver/passenger window to the side mirrors,and removed the chrome pillars and I also added led switchback turn signals.I also just pasti-dip a wheel off of my other continental that was in rough looking shape,and it looks brand new now.
005-1-1.jpg
IMG00173-20111001-1812-1.jpg
IMG00177-20111001-1814-1.jpg
IMG00167-20111001-1811-1.jpg
IMG00215-20111022-1603.jpg
haha sorry about the picture sizes..

you get away with the tinted windows? cops bother you at all?, they always pull people over here in staten island for tint.

you get away with the tinted windows? cops bother you at all?, they always pull people over here in staten island for tint.
Haha yea I've never had a problem yet so it's been well worth the risk of a ticket.I got pulled over last month because the cop thought I passed him going to fast,it was at night I just turned my engine off and rolled my window down before he got to the car,and nothing was said about the tints and no ticket.I'm in LI and you're in Staten, so it's a hell of a lot different when it comes to cops.Do they bust your balls or it's what you see and people you know?

I would like to get a new head unit probably a Double Din DVD player, Fresh Paint, Redo the interior, Re-Tint, Redo the Exhaust. Probably redo everything just go have a nice project for when I graduate :p
Ahh that's a huge project that'll keep you busy for a while.maybe alil pioneer 4200,fresh new coat of silver,two tone interior,bassani exhaust,some windshield tint going on..damn I can see it now lol.I was looking at an ancient thread you were talking about a custom grille for your conti,what ever happened with that?

I wanted to get a Custom mesh grille made with a Cobrastar badge. The guys who made grilles that I contacted said they could make one out of my stock grille because of how it was made. Haven't looked into it since. I've seen a 98+ with a mesh though looked nice

You should go through with it,and you seen a mesh grille on a 98 model?Can you still get in contact with him?

Members online

No members online now.
Back