New Member from Motown

ctkelly444

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello to all LVC members. I am a retired Ford worker and put 34 years with the company. Our plant manufactured coil springs, steel wheels, sway bars and many other products but the best was the catalytic converter. Before NAFTA our plant produced 100% of the Ford cat product. Heavy and high speed press lines stamping mainly what the plant was about. I worked in the assembly dept of the catalytic converter and was promoted to engineering tech working in new model launch of converter product. I worked very closely with staff from prototype through initial launch for 15 years. I understand emmisions first hand with the Dearborn staff.

I own a 2001 pearl white 3.9L LS that never saw snow. I have pretty much the same problems with my car as other members have and I really do appreciate the group's wisdom and comments as I follow problem after problem with my car.

Is there any truth to cam chain tensioners crapping out on 2000 and early 2001 year model? I spoke with a Lincoln guru and was told that engine sludge is the reason for failure for the upper cam chain tensioners. They are seated by oil pressure and if the oil holes get plugged with sludge the motor is toast.

Thanks for your website and I am proud to be a (rookie) member. You guys are great.

Let me be the first to welcome you to LvC
Although I don't know much about the LS
Either I'm sure someone here will go into
Detail with the question at hand.

I also would like to say thank you for your
Hard work, time, effort, blood, sweat, and
Tears over the last 34 years working for the
Best manufacture (ford).

Happy threading and once again welcome to
LvC

I believe the chain hardware dies through the failure of the plastic parts. There have been several design improvements over the years, and I believe that if you replace what you have with the latest thing from the parts suppliers, you'll have done a good thing!

Good Luck!!

KS

welcome fellow pearl white gen 1 ls brethren!

Members online

No members online now.
Back