Dccv

H

HighRule

I am replacing my DCCV today and have an issue.

I ordered this one and when I pulled mine out it looks like this.

On the the site it shows the one I ordered to fit. It does not. I reordered the Bosch one today and was upgraded to next day shipping for half the price. They are sending me a return slip for free return shipping for the wrong part.

Has anyone else ordered this part? Did it fit for you?

My car is setting without coolant and it's going to be around 41-44 degrees until Tuesday (when I receive the new one). Is there anything I need to do to assure my car won't have issues until I replace the DCCV?

If you have no coolant in engine its no big deal to leave it even to -100 below long as your not driving it. Only problem you could have is if you have 100% water in there that would freeze and expand and pop metal.

A vehicle can sit empty without fluids....just don't crank that engine.

You may want to cover the block with a blanket so it doesn't get too cold. But other than that you'll be aight.

Thanks for all the input. I will cover it with something just to be on the safe side since it's going to be sitting till Tuesday.

You may want to cover the block with a blanket so it doesn't get too cold. But other than that you'll be aight.

I hear sticking a lit candle into each cylinder is required in freezing temperatures.

Idk about the lit candle in the cylinders.
But if it's sitting outside. Deffanitly bundle
The motor up the very best you can from
The top and maybe run a extension cord to
The car, jack it up a lil and put a space heater
Under the car facing the motor... That's what
I'd do.

I have a heated and cooled 2 car garage.
So I'm lucky to not have to worry about this.
But I hope it works out and everythings ok.

I hope all you guys are pulling his leg? Metal does not need any heat to sit. No blanket no nothing. Its METAL not a person or a dog. :D

At any giving point in time you have the motor apart you want to cover it up. Due to the moisture in the air and the low temp outside. Specially if it gets really cold out and the water freezes inside the block, head, etc. Or if you have kids, dogs, or both playing outside you deffanitlly don't want any kind of dabree getting inside of the motor. Just being on the save side never hurt anything. Specially if he loves his car and or can't afford another one... Justus thought on the whole situation.... Just call me a over achiever :)

Shutting the hood ain't going to keep out all of the dabree.. Although it will keep out large amounts. But not all. Id rather take it to the next level and do everything I could then to do a lil as possible, screw something up and then say to myself "man I wished I would've just did more to protect it".
Overall it's his car. He can do what he wants. But he was just wondering what the rest of us would do in his situation. And I put in my 2¢ to what I would do. :)

I covered it just to be on the safe side. IDK about that candle thing, I wouldn't do that. I know in places like Michigan they use engine heaters during the winter. I don't need those here, so just keeping out any unwanted moisture by using a wrap should help.

I am replacing my DCCV today and have an issue.

I ordered this one and when I pulled mine out it looks like this.

On the the site it shows the one I ordered to fit. It does not. I reordered the Bosch one today and was upgraded to next day shipping for half the price. They are sending me a return slip for free return shipping for the wrong part.

Has anyone else ordered this part? Did it fit for you?

My car is setting without coolant and it's going to be around 41-44 degrees until Tuesday (when I receive the new one). Is there anything I need to do to assure my car won't have issues until I replace the DCCV?

I ordered the exact same part, the Metrix brand for my 2002 V8 and it was the exact same as the oem one that it replaced. Also got it from the same website. Didn't have any problem getting it to work and it was the same size.

EDIT: FYI the bosh one doesnt fit a gen1 LS according to that website, but as soon as you change it to a 2003+ it says it fits, did gen1 and gen2 have different dccv? If so that's why it was different. When you change the Metrix one to 2004+ it says it doesn't fit, they were off a year.

you should be ok even at 33 degrees F for an extended period of time, laws of physics do really matter :) 32 F is your magic number for plain water anyway. 41-44 is almost summer :)

btw hat tip to jmtiseo

Last edited:
I ordered the exact same part, the Metrix brand for my 2002 V8 and it was the exact same as the oem one that it replaced. Also got it from the same website. Didn't have any problem getting it to work and it was the same size.

EDIT: FYI the bosh one doesnt fit a gen1 LS according to that website, but as soon as you change it to a 2003+ it says it fits, did gen1 and gen2 have different dccv? If so that's why it was different. When you change the Metrix one to 2004+ it says it doesn't fit, they were off a year.

The first one with five nipples is for Gen 1.
The second one with three nipples is for Gen 2.

"Gen 2 - fewer nipples"

Easy, right?

how did the metrix brand work for you?i need to buy a dccv too.i have a 2002 ls or where do you guys recommend me buying one?

The first one with five nipples is for Gen 1.
The second one with three nipples is for Gen 2.

"Gen 2 - fewer nipples"

Easy, right?

the older you get, the fewer nipples are available:rolleyes: Must be a law or something :shifty:

how did the metrix brand work for you?i need to buy a dccv too.i have a 2002 ls or where do you guys recommend me buying one?

I ordered it from partstrain.com. Fast shipping and great customer service. I called my orders in to make sure items were in stock. Ordering online might say part in stock but might not be in their computer and if they have only a couple left you might not get one from online since it's when they receive the request.

I have the gen I DCCV. I'm returning it to them and receiving the Gen II DCCV. If they don't have it in stock maybe we can work something out. They have it listed for $55 with free shipping.

Members online

No members online now.
Back