Lincoln going back to RWD...

bmxbang

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Home » Autonews » Lincoln » Lincoln may receive a RWD flagship sedan to challenge the Lexus LS

Lincoln may receive a RWD flagship sedan to challenge the Lexus LS

Lincoln Continental Concept

Ford wants to revive Lincoln and to accomplish that, it has hired a new designer and has formed a development team. Sources say that projects for Lincoln products, including a flagship sedan, are progressing well. This car is expected to be rear-wheel drive and to feature the best that Ford has to offer when it comes to technology. It is hinted that this car will be built on a modified version of the Mustang platform. It was reported that it is due to Ford’s improved financial status that the company decided to create a potential Lincoln flagship, a very expensive program.

Sources added that Ford wants to build a Lincoln model that would rival the Lexus LS and Mercedes-Benz S-Class. Another model that will soon enter this segment would come from the Cadillac brand of General Motors.
It is believed that this car’s price tops out in six-figures. It should be mentioned that the future of the rear-wheel drive Falcon sedan of Ford of Australia is uncertain. It’s possible that Ford will proceed with plans to make a global rear-wheel drive program. If the Lincoln flagship does get greenlit for production, it’s likely to come out in the later part of this decade.

Any one have any more details? looks like it still will be a few more years down the line until anything happens but it sounds like they may be going in the right direction.

What is the date of this article? The Cadillac XTS is the flagship they mention from GM and it is pretty much detailed already.

Six figure price? That's the way to sell more cars and bring Lincoln back! LOL

Revive the Lincoln by making it a six figure car?
What makes them think that THAT'S going
To revive Lincoln?!

I mean to me it looks like a streched chrysler 300
With either the zypher taillights or the challenger.
They're heading in the right direction. I just think
They should come down on the cost...

To revive Lincoln?!

That car's been a concept car for ages and probably will be forever.

What makes you think that the car pictured will be anything like the production car if it happens? The article didn't say anything about the car that was pictured would be what lincoln would be making. They probably just threw it in there because lets face it every one loves pictures.

I too thought the back end looked like a Challenger. A six figure Lincoln though may be worth it to those in the market for that kind of luxury car.

well, a brand new CTS-V starts at $63k. and those are pretty impressive. so it better be something special for 6 figures..

To revive Lincoln?!

yup, it does have the Crapsler 300 look!

Lincoln has a whole new lineup coming. they've used the Mercury ad money they saved to dump into Lincoln. We'll start to see the results next year when the new MKZ comes and then more models over the next 3-5 years. I'm glad to see they are investing in Lincoln again.

Lincoln has a whole new lineup coming. they've used the Mercury ad money they saved to dump into Lincoln. We'll start to see the results next year when the new MKZ comes and then more models over the next 3-5 years. I'm glad to see they are investing in Lincoln again.

Too bad they are stuck on FWD appliances. Until (if) Lincoln goes back to RWD I'll be spending my hard earned dollars elsewhere.

No way... If they do it most likely will not look like that.

Members online

Back