Just got out of the hospital

UltimateSVT

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Miami, FL(Home of the rust free MARK VIII's
Well guys, 3 days in the hospital with chest pains made me realize that I'm too young to be stressing out too much over my Mark VIII's & my wife & I are going through a financial situation which makes it pretty difficult to own these needy cars. Owning a Mark VIII has been an amazing experience but having one requires too much money! I am selling ALL my MK8s. I need to install the coil springs on my black 93 & as soon as I'm done its going on the market, it's NOT for sale yet. The prairie tan Mark is for sale on Autotrader.com already. My father put up the majority of the $$$ for that car including the $$$ for the ad so he's handling the sale for that one. The car belongs to both of us but I'm driving the car until I lift my black 93. My blue 93 needs work but runs, first one with $500.00 takes this car AS IS! I was asking $1,300 for it but I NEED cash FAST! PM me if you are interested!

Sorry to hear that mang. I hope you get to feeling better. That stress is no joke. :(

Good luck with whatever you decide to do and if I can help at all then let me know.

Best wishes to ya. I guess I have been lucky I have not had to touch anything on my car in years(cept oilpan Snowbelt) Put springs in your car and never touch again. Having more then one mk8 is work, thin heard to 1 and DD it. It looks like you have other DD's thou so thats good. Health is #1 once we get little older.

Thats funny I saw that autotrader listing and thought it was an old listing from you guys. Thats a nice clean car for whoever buys it. I would love to jump on it but the price range is kinda high for me right now.

Thanks guys!

Sorry to hear that mang. I hope you get to feeling better. That stress is no joke. :(

Good luck with whatever you decide to do and if I can help at all then let me know.

Dude, I know you know exactly what I'm talking about! You've expressed your situation here a few times & you yourself had to take the same road I'm now taking! Times are tough!

Good luck
What are you gonna replace them with that's cheaper?

NOT cheaper, MORE reliable! I'm keeping my truck as a daily driver again (currently my wife's DD) & I'm buying my wife a "woman's SUV" Honda CR-V, Toyota 4-Runner, etc... My friend Danny has a 97 4-Runner w/266,000 miles & it runs beautiful. He's put over 40,000 miles on it w/o a glitch. Just fuel & oil, no worries about air ride issues, blend door, tranny, coil packs, sensors, no fuel smell in the car, no worries, just like my F-150, start & GO! The day will come when I will own a nice Mark VIII again. That day I will be VERY financially stable & owning one will be easy then.

thats funny I saw that autotrader listing and thought it was an old listing from you guys. Thats a nice clean car for whoever buys it. I would love to jump on it but the price range is kinda high for me.

Marvin, the car is beyond clean. It's the BEST Mark I've ever owned & the cleanest I've seen in a long time. Reference price? WE here on LVC underestimate these cars. Prices are soaring on autotrader & they sell. We just sold our Collector's Edition for $5,000 & it needed plenty of cosmetic work. I had a guy from Texas offer me $6,200 for the prairie tan car 2 weeks ago but my father & I had no plans on selling it then. Now it's a different game! Time to put it behind us. These cars are high maintenance & right now it's simply not a good time for that! I will enjoy the prairie tan car until the day it goes. I'm having fun with it as my DD.

That sucks man! Hope things end up turning around for you, and your family! And who knows, maybe down the road things will get better, and you'll end up in another Mark.

Sorry to hear that. Didn't you just start a new job ??

Yep, just started last Monday but stress almost got me to loose the very job. Think about it, work Monday, Tuesday & Wednesday then end up hospitalized Thursday. Doesn't look nice! That being said, my wife & I have too much debt & my Mark 8 hobby is holding us back.

That sucks man! Hope things end up turning around for you, and your family! And who knows, maybe down the road things will get better, and you'll end up in another Mark.

DEFINITELY! I am keeping a TON of parts because I WILL own a Mark VIII again! You can count on it!

That engine sounds as smooth if not smoother than my 97 prairie tan. My father is shocked @ how that car started right up after not being used for a long time & not only that, its how quiet it idles. It's just beautiful. Wish I had the cash to resurrect the car. Id take the landeau cover off, re-do the interior in black & blue, repaint the car a darker shade of blue, lower it & slap my Cobra Rs. It would look sicker than my black 93.

Hope your feeling better man! Get your finances fixed and get back into a Mark!

try to take it easy, stress is really no joke. been through it. im only a few miles away if theres anything i can do.

Thanks dude, not much you can do. It's financial stress. I'm working really hard now that I have a job. Working 12 hour shifts, I drive all over Miami so that keeps me entertained. I look forward to this weekend bigtime so I can install the springs on my car. I'm doing the front this weekend. Can't do the back until I can get the metal plates w/the bent corners to go on top of the rear springs.

been there on the stress dopped it and the parkinson symptoms went down. best wishes to you and hang around here if only to stir the pot. jd

Why are you selling the DD tan mark? I drive the crap out of my car and am lax on keeping up with stuff and I have had almost no issues. My car has 180k and was repo'd and buy-here-pay-here fodder before I got it.

I'm sure financial stress can cause chest pain, trust me I'm probably one of the poorest people here monetarily. I can for sure see saving money and getting out of debt, but I don't see how much worse a mark can be than an f150 to keep going. I bet I'd spend 2x the fuel cost on those pig trucks, which could be spent on maint, if you somehow had a lemon and it broke down that often.

Do what will make you happy and healthy, but I'm just a little lost in the logic of this thread. I know Jamie was be pissed at me when I asked him questions about selling. Please don't be offended, it's just a car and so forth, but sometimes a guy has questions. I hope you don't take me the wrong way.

Why are you selling the DD tan mark? I drive the crap out of my car and am lax on keeping up with stuff and I have had almost no issues. My car has 180k and was repo'd and buy-here-pay-here fodder before I got it.

I'm sure financial stress can cause chest pain, trust me I'm probably one of the poorest people here monetarily. I can for sure see saving money and getting out of debt, but I don't see how much worse a mark can be than an f150 to keep going. I bet I'd spend 2x the fuel cost on those pig trucks, which could be spent on maint, if you somehow had a lemon and it broke down that often.

Do what will make you happy and healthy, but I'm just a little lost in the logic of this thread. I know Jamie was be pissed at me when I asked him questions about selling. Please don't be offended, it's just a car and so forth, but sometimes a guy has questions. I hope you don't take me the wrong way.

Not offended at all. I understand your point of view however my other issue is my wife. I made her get rid of her Jeep Patriot a few months back because she owed $18k on it so she's driving my truck. She hates the Mark VIII's & doesn't like the truck either. All the cars in my drive way are MINE. She has nothing & the poor girl works like a beast & she deserves a car. I have to sell all my Mark VIII's in order to buy her a good car. We need to use that cash to buy it. Unfortunately I don't have the cash to spare. :(

Thanks dude, not much you can do. It's financial stress. I'm working really hard now that I have a job. Working 12 hour shifts, I drive all over Miami so that keeps me entertained. I look forward to this weekend bigtime so I can install the springs on my car. I'm doing the front this weekend. Can't do the back until I can get the metal plates w/the bent corners to go on top of the rear springs.

i know. money issues. i went from 1100 a week and $$$$$$ in the bank to 0 in bank and $620 month on disability. my girl been paying everything. a trust was setup in my name and have had a few fundraisers, but not knowing week to week is scary. i'm about ready physically to go back to work but i have no idea what to do.id come down and help you with car but this weekend is shot. next weekend though i could throw bolts and wrenches at you!:rolleyes:

Members online

Back