LS1 powered LS

Yeah, I've seen this on YouTube..... I get that the "ls1" and the "ls" has something in common and prolly would only make sense to someone. But I mean seriously!.... I don't understand why you'd put a ls1 in a ford made product. I can build a 5.0 that could spank a ls1 no matter what. (as long as it's all motor). This almost makes me want to do this. Just for the ford loving ppl out there......

Sad to see that..

Needs boost.

I can build a 5.0 that could spank a ls1 no matter what. (as long as it's all motor). This almost makes me want to do this. Just for the ford loving ppl out there......

Sad to see that..

You probably could build a 5.0 (either flavor) that could spank a stock LS1 no matter what...

Yeah, I've seen this on YouTube..... I get that the "ls1" and the "ls" has something in common and prolly would only make sense to someone. But I mean seriously!.... I don't understand why you'd put a ls1 in a ford made product. I can build a 5.0 that could spank a ls1 no matter what. (as long as it's all motor). This almost makes me want to do this. Just for the ford loving ppl out there......

Sad to see that..

And then I'd like to ask you, what makes Ford so much better than GM?
I love Ford, I do. But I also love GM. Why? They both make good cars!
For example brand new cars I prefer Ford because the styling is alot in my taste, 50's cars I love Ford better but 60's, 70's, 80's and some (not many) in the 90's I prefer GM because they simply made better looking cars.
A ford 5.0 motor is a good engine, LS1 is also a good engine.
You could build a 5.0 that could spank a LS1, good for you. What if someone else could build an LS1 with more HP than your 5.0? Then that motor would spank yours. And so on.

Btw, I could build a lawnmower faster than any Ford or Chevy powered by a Saab.

On topic: I love that! Looks like the engine should've been in there in the first place!
Although it's a pity that the LS1 is so darn ugly (when it comes to looks). But I'm sure the car hauls ass!
Odd ideas, love them! :)

Perhaps it was a case of some dude that had a v6 ls with a bad engine that also had a 02 ws6 that got totalled in the rear. He figured wth and made a unique peice from what he had in the back yard. Unlikely the true story but it would make sense.

And then I'd like to ask you, what makes Ford so much better than GM?...

I think the point being made was not that one is better than the other (although Ford is better than GM:D), but that it is sad to see a GM engine put in a Ford product. If you want GM, go get a GM car. Don't put a GM engine in a Ford made vehicle. On the same token, don't put a Ford engine in a GM vehicle. It's just not right.

I think the point being made was not that one is better than the other (although Ford is better than GM:D), but that it is sad to see a GM engine put in a Ford product. If you want GM, go get a GM car. Don't put a GM engine in a Ford made vehicle. On the same token, don't put a Ford engine in a GM vehicle. It's just not right.

Someone maybe wanted something unique that hasn't been done before ;)
It's not always fun to go the way everyone does. Sometimes it's more fun to be unique and thinking outside the box.
Also I agree, Ford is better ;)

I don't get what all of the fuss is about, I would have no problem driving any car with any engine, provided I liked both of them.

Engines are engines

They should have a "like" button on here as they do on facebook.

I'm a FORD guy 100%. But I just put a chevy engine in my mustang last year. It was done solely for money reasons. I'd like to ask you guys where and when you could get a 900+ HP N/A engine for cheap. Also this post was NOT if its right or wrong,it was to check out a clean looking car. Also sucks to say but in stock form FORD does not have an engine in LS1 PRICE that has close HP. This was not meant to be a pissing match.:)

I'm a FORD guy 100%. But I just put a chevy engine in my mustang last year. It was done solely for money reasons. I'd like to ask you guys where and when you could get a 900+ HP N/A engine for cheap. Also this post was NOT if its right or wrong,it was to check out a clean looking car. Also sucks to say but in stock form FORD does not have an engine in LS1 PRICE that has close HP. This was not meant to be a pissing match.:)

I can understand the cost issue. However, personally, I would never even dream of putting a CrackedHeadEveryValveRattlesOrLeaksEveryTime engine in any type of FirstOnRaceDay car!:D
But that's what happens when you start talking to a bunch of Ford folks about putting Chevy engines in Ford cars. Most die hard Ford gearheads are massive GM haters. Personally, I could never afford to do what you did with your Mustang (and even if I could, I wouldn't). But to each his own, I suppose.

Don't know how old you are but i'm gonna throw this out there. "Never say NEVER" LOL Also to all the naysayers out there I will now pose this ?. What if that car was given to you with clause you could not sell it. How many would say no way piece of dodo?

Don't know how old you are but i'm gonna throw this out there. "Never say NEVER" LOL Also to all the naysayers out there I will now pose this ?. What if that car was given to you with clause you could not sell it. How many would say no way piece of dodo?

I'm old enough to remember when it only took $15 bucks to fill up the 20 gallon tank on my '69 Mercury Cougar;)

And personally, no. I would not take the car. If I couldn't sell it, I'd have to pass. I would never live it down. My friends would seriously make fun of me for driving a bastardized Lincoln with a chebby boat anchor in it:D! Yeppers, I'm that much of a Ford guy!

But what somebody else whom I don't know does with his/her car is their business. I may not like or agree with it, but it's their car. So have at it.

Wow...I just don't know how to respond to that:confused:

Sorry, I should have phrased that better.

I also said, "provided I liked both of them". Obviously not all engines are the same, but blind brand loyalty is ridiculous.

I have a Pioneer receiver and a Sony DVD player, there are Sony fanboys out there that would tell me I'm wasting my time with Pioneer equipment. If you like them and they work what does it matter?

Just my opinion, meh

I can understand the cost issue. However, personally, I would never even dream of putting a CrackedHeadEveryValveRattlesOrLeaksEveryTime engine in any type of FirstOnRaceDay car!:D
But that's what happens when you start talking to a bunch of Ford folks about putting Chevy engines in Ford cars. Most die hard Ford gearheads are massive GM haters. Personally, I could never afford to do what you did with your Mustang (and even if I could, I wouldn't). But to each his own, I suppose.

Talking about those. Ford in Sweden is "Fru Olssons Rullande Dass" which is translated to "Ms Olssons rolling porta-potti" :D

Talking about those. Ford in Sweden is "Fru Olssons Rullande Dass" which is translated to "Ms Olssons rolling porta-potti" :D

Chevy guys go by Found On Road Dead FORD. LOL The mopar one still makes me laugh More Old Parts And Rust.

One I find very amusing is FIAT - Farlig Imitation Av Teknik which is translated to "Dangerous imitation of technology" :D

Now I know where Thaywood is coming from I would NEVER NEVER buy a Fiat. :D But if the big one came down and everyone was brain eating zombies and I came apon a "running" Fiat I sure as heck would LOVE it. Your not eating my brain!

...I also said, "provided I liked both of them". Obviously not all engines are the same, but blind brand loyalty is ridiculous...

Depends upon what you're loyal to. I can only speak for myself here, but I'm a loyal Ford guy. Therefore I drive Ford products and wouldn't be caught dead owning a GM vehicle or any vehicle with a GM drivetrain. I've owned more than 30 vehicles in my life. All but two of them have been either Ford, Lincoln, or Mercury. Even my tractor is a Ford (1952 8N Redbelly)! The only exceptions were a '79 Toytoa pickup and an '85 Chrysler 5th Avenue that my Grandfather gave me when he could no longer drive (unfortunately, I don't have either of them anymore). I'm also loyal to Pepsi, therefore I don't drink Coke products. Really those are the only two "brand" loyalties I have. Everybody is loyal to something. Some ore just more "loyal" than other.:)

That's pretty funny!

Chevy guys go by Found On Road Dead FORD. LOL The mopar one still makes me laugh More Old Parts And Rust.

Yep. Heard that a couple of times!

One I find very amusing is FIAT - Farlig Imitation Av Teknik which is translated to "Dangerous imitation of technology" :D

Yep. That's Fiat!!!

Now I know where Thaywood is coming from I would NEVER NEVER buy a Fiat. :D

See???:D

However, I must be honest. There are "some" GM products that I would consider. For example, 1987 Buick Grand National GNX, 1967 Corvair Monza, 1957 Bel Air, 1970 Buick GSX, any Pontiac GTO, 1963 Pontiac Grand Prix, and a few others. I like the classic 1960's Buicks and Pontiacs. Anything after 1971 is pretty much crap, though.

However, I must be honest. There are "some" GM products that I would consider. For example, 1987 Buick Grand National GNX, 1967 Corvair Monza, 1957 Bel Air, 1970 Buick GSX, any Pontiac GTO, 1963 Pontiac Grand Prix, and a few others. I like the classic 1960's Buicks and Pontiacs. Anything after 1971 is pretty much crap, though.[/QUOTE]

See????:D

Members online

Back