Thinking of doing the unthinkable...

Pinknuts

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been throwing around the idea of selling the old LS1 LS...

Just kind of a feeler and looking for some feedback from you guys as to what you think I should ask for a car like mine. I'm not quite sure what to ask for it if I were to sell it, given it's one of a kind. I will make a list of the specs on the car that I can remember off the top of my head and then go from there. I will also put up some pics below to help. Your guys help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

2002 Lincoln LS was originally a V6 auto car with sport suspension

Body has around 100k on it

2002 LS1 and T56 6 speed transmission out of 02 Trans Am with about 50k

Huge Cam with Dual valve springs and titanium retainers

Custom Aluminum Oil Pan w/ remote oil filter

GTO Intake with Cone Filter

Full 3" Exhaust w/ magnaflow mufflers

Tuned with HP Tuners

Car made 364 HP and 351 tq on Dyno

3.58 Rear Gears with LSD out of 04 Cobra

Both AC and heat work great

Full '06 LSE Front End Conversion w/ brand new headlights, LSE Grill, Front Bumper, and Fog Lights

4300K HIDs

19" Wheels with 245/40 front tires and 275/35 rear tires. Hankook Ventus V12s w/ less than 1,000 miles on them

Eibach lowering springs

5% window tint all around and windshield brow with 35% tint on windshield

OEM '02 LSE painted rear license plate surround

Tan Leather interior with heated seats

Car drives great and gets TONS of attention everywhere it goes

Lincoln LSX Dyno Pull.mpg - YouTube

IMG_8883_2.jpg

IMG_8904.jpg

IMG_8919.jpg

IMG_8894.jpg

IMG_8892.jpg

IMG_8923.jpg

IMG_8932.jpg

IMG_8930.jpg

IMG_8934.jpg

IMG_8961.jpg

IMG_8962.jpg

IMG_8972.jpg

IMG_8983_2.jpg

Thats sweet. Nice clean install. Ton of money put into that. Its a small market so kinda hard to say.

With that much work on the car, id think your sentimental value will surpass what a person would be willing to pay. Sad it has to go. Very very nice rims. I'm gna need to get me some since my stocks started peeling

Yea nothing is set in stone, but I figured I would put it up on here first for some feedback. I know it will sell if I put it on eBay and also get the most views that way, just thought I would get your guys opinions.

Clean build and looks really nice like it's suppose to be there from the factory.
Just wished it was a ford motor rather than a chevy motor in there. Which bring me to the question. Why a ls1?.. Why not a 4.6 or 5.0?

God, if you can hear me, give me money for this LS! Tough call though. If it were mine and I was mentally insane as well, I'd sell it for at least 12k given the specs. But yeah, I can only see a small market for this one.

Just give it to me, and I'll send you a hand signed IOU. Everybody wins! haha

gorgeous car....This is what I hate about cars and putting money into them, very rarely do you get a return on your investment,,,,

If I was in the market for this type of car, id pay 11.5k top end.....

I would say it's worth up to 15K with all the work put into it. Finding someone to pay that is gonna be tough being a gen I.

If I had the money i'd buy this in a jiffy. Great looking Ls.

Clean build and looks really nice like it's suppose to be there from the factory.
Just wished it was a ford motor rather than a chevy motor in there. Which bring me to the question. Why a ls1?.. Why not a 4.6 or 5.0?

Thank you and the LS1 swap was done by my buddy that I bought it from and I would assume he chose the LS1 bc of how well it would fit in there and how easy they are to mod and the abuse they can take.

God, if you can hear me, give me money for this LS! Tough call though. If it were mine and I was mentally insane as well, I'd sell it for at least 12k given the specs. But yeah, I can only see a small market for this one.

Just give it to me, and I'll send you a hand signed IOU. Everybody wins! haha

Hahaha sure man, it's all yours. When you going to pick it up? And that's about the same price point I had in mind also.

Also thank for the input guys. My friend I bought it from had it on eBay and the bidding got almost to 10k, and that was before I totally updated the entire car. That was when it was a bone stock shell with just the swap.

a prime example of why we need a LVC museum.... this would go great right up front. Well at least hold on to it until we get a KS/MO meet together

I would say it's worth up to 15K with all the work put into it. Finding someone to pay that is gonna be tough being a gen I.

But what something is worth and what someone will pay for is two whole different things unfortinetly.

i know its a pretty good tax write-off when you give away a car to charity, ill be your charity :p

You'd have much better luck selling it with a stock motor, interior, etc... so I'll put mine back to stock and you can trade cars with me :D

Seriously, though - if CT didn't have emissions laws until a car is 25 years old I would buy this car today!

I'll trade ya, straight up lol. My dad would go nuts if he heard of this thing, one of those old school bowtie guys.

Have to a agree with @SwedishMark though :/

You'd have much better luck selling it with a stock motor, interior, etc... so I'll put mine back to stock and you can trade cars with me :D

Seriously, though - if CT didn't have emissions laws until a car is 25 years old I would buy this car today!

Its still an OBD2 motor, just find the port for it and tell them when you test it or bring it to me and Ill test it for you if you let me rip it around the block :D

Engine like a 'rec-tum'

First let me preface these comments with a smile:) since I have no wish to be unnecessarily brutal. With that said---

This forum is undoubtedly the largest group of aficionados of Lincoln LS cars in existence. But the motivations vary a good bit. A large share of the latest group have LSs because they are relatively inexpensive to buy, and there's enough room in the trunk for the built-in boom-boxes the peer-group finds 'de rigueur'. That the car is a Lincoln LS is relatively immaterial.

There is a small but significant group that see the LS as a full-blown sport sedan that is in some ways, at very least an equal to such alternatives as a BMW or Merc or the Nipponese variants. Once more, the actual brand name is relatively immaterial.

There's another significant part of our population who think highly of the fact that the car is a Lincoln, yet has the sport features that just don't obtain in a Town Car.

You'll see that your vehicle doesn't readily fit into any of the above sub-groups. If your focus is on mega-watt sound and tinted windows, the engine transplant would not have a priority worth paying what it'd cost. The second group can find a German or 'ricer' vehicle for the same sort of money.

Those of us who care about the origin of the LS feel that the engine you have is the equivalent of a bad smell and an affront to those who designed the car to start with. I understand the attractions of 'using what you have', as I understand was part of the motivation for the swap in the first place. But it should have been easy enough to either sell the chib powerplant and trans and use the money to acquire a more suitable transplant or to sell the car and get some sort of GM cheesebox into which to put your powertrain.

What you have is an 'in your face' sort of insult to many LS owners, and, as such, has a limited market.

With all due respect to you, who didn't build the car, but bought it, I would not pay a premium for it since the unique-ness of the vehicle depends on the quality of the work in doing the swap. Completely aside from the antecedents of the engine and transmission, the car should be worth the value of the components, since there's no way to judge such things as quality of welds, for instance. Or you may find just the right buyer. Good Luck!!!

KS

Haha yea right! I bet you would.

And you can just put some cats on it.

Its still an OBD2 motor, just find the port for it and tell them when you test it or bring it to me and Ill test it for you if you let me rip it around the block :D

Or you can do this. Problem solved!!! Sold!!!!

First let me preface these comments with a smile:) since I have no wish to be unnecessarily brutal. With that said---

This forum is undoubtedly the largest group of aficionados of Lincoln LS cars in existence. But the motivations vary a good bit. A large share of the latest group have LSs because they are relatively inexpensive to buy, and there's enough room in the trunk for the built-in boom-boxes the peer-group finds 'de rigueur'. That the car is a Lincoln LS is relatively immaterial.

There is a small but significant group that see the LS as a full-blown sport sedan that is in some ways, at very least an equal to such alternatives as a BMW or Merc or the Nipponese variants. Once more, the actual brand name is relatively immaterial.

There's another significant part of our population who think highly of the fact that the car is a Lincoln, yet has the sport features that just don't obtain in a Town Car.

You'll see that your vehicle doesn't readily fit into any of the above sub-groups. If your focus is on mega-watt sound and tinted windows, the engine transplant would not have a priority worth paying what it'd cost. The second group can find a German or 'ricer' vehicle for the same sort of money.

Those of us who care about the origin of the LS feel that the engine you have is the equivalent of a bad smell and an affront to those who designed the car to start with. I understand the attractions of 'using what you have', as I understand was part of the motivation for the swap in the first place. But it should have been easy enough to either sell the chib powerplant and trans and use the money to acquire a more suitable transplant or to sell the car and get some sort of GM cheesebox into which to put your powertrain.

What you have is an 'in your face' sort of insult to many LS owners, and, as such, has a limited market.

With all due respect to you, who didn't build the car, but bought it, I would not pay a premium for it since the unique-ness of the vehicle depends on the quality of the work in doing the swap. Completely aside from the antecedents of the engine and transmission, the car should be worth the value of the components, since there's no way to judge such things as quality of welds, for instance. Or you may find just the right buyer. Good Luck!!!

KS

Thanks for your input. I understand exactly what you are saying and know that the car would be sold to somebody who knows the LS1 and the time and effort that went into creating such a quality finished product. I don't expect it to be a car for just anybody and understand that. I know that if and when I really get motivated to sell it I will put it on eBay and probably LS1 Tech. But I figured I would just throw it out there. But at the end of the day its worth exactly what the right buyer is willing to pay for it. Thanks for the constructive comments.

i have loved this car from day 1 great looking car. how much you looking to get for it ?

I would love this car and beat the pants off it in a good way;) I would guess in the 10-12K range you would get for it. You can score a GTO around that price but they are so small inside.

Members online

Back