Getting a new key cut...

Oh my God. So get this. I get a call today, saying that they ordered the keys, but they could only order blanks as a 5 pack. So guess who's buying all 5 keys? The service adviser said they had no use for the other 3 that would be stock, because they never work on these cars. He said they also called local Lincoln dealerships (which there is only 1 of) and they didn't have any stocked either. I was on the phone with him for about 15 minutes bitching and got no where. So, now I have to pay their cost on all 5 keys. I'm rather rip :q:q:q:q at the moment....

lmfao still glad you really wanted that 2nd key dumb ass. it would have been cheaper to get another ignition cylinder, pats module and 2 keys from me.

Yea, whatever. The whole reason I wanted a second key, is so when its -10 below in the mornings and I have to go to work, I can go outside and let the damn thing run for a while before I leave, and still have my keys to lock the door. Fool....

how much is each key?

BTW, shoulda ordered from Max...

Not sure how much each key is. I think he said something along the lines of $180 out the door. And by the time all this :q:q:q:q happened, they already ordered the keys from Ford, so I had no control over where they got them. I didn't expect to have this much damn trouble.

OHHH! Does that mean these keys will have the Lincoln logos on them? If they do, it was totally worth it. :D

If you hit the 7/8 and 9/0 buttons together it locks everything, then use your code to open it back up.

Not sure how much each key is. I think he said something along the lines of $180 out the door. And by the time all this :q:q:q:q happened, they already ordered the keys from Ford, so I had no control over where they got them. I didn't expect to have this much damn trouble.

OHHH! Does that mean these keys will have the Lincoln logos on them? If they do, it was totally worth it. :D

If they've got the Lincoln logo on them, i'm calling dibs on one of them, maybe 2....as long as you're wanting to sell them, of course.

If they do, then your welcome to 2 of them, but I'm sure their going to cut and program all 5.

Will do.

They better be Lincoln blanks, because if I've waited this long for some lame ass Strattec blanks, I will be an extremely unhappy camper.

You're buying them so you can do whatever you want. They can't tell you that they'll all need to be cut. Get 2 cut for your's, then sell the 3 blanks. That way you won't have to pay more for them to cut and program the extra's.

Be sure to tell them asap though. If they still cut them anyway's refuse to pay for the extra's. It just makes sense that way.

andy i carry my ignition key off my key ring, when i pull inot hess to get coffee on the way to work, my key ring is hooked to my belt loop, i leave my car running and when i get out i use my key fob to lock the car, when i come back out i unlock it and get it in already running. all you need is a key fob or your keyless entry pad on the door. i hope they dont cut all 5 keys, you can make money back for this b.s you went through buy selling the other 3. you still got the escape loaner? i'd put nitrous in it and take it to lebanon while you have it.

Haha. Yes, I still have it. We took it up to Vermont and ended up on some washed out, muddy, dirt roads. She took it like a champ. Although, when I look at it from the rear, it sits a little lower on the left side.... oops. I am taking a liking to this Escape though. Before the Mark, I was pricing out mid sized SUVs. This rig would have been a likely candidate.

Okay. They called me today, I went to get the Mark, and return the Escape, which I put almost 650 miles on in 6 days.... oops again lol. Anyway, I get there and the bill came to $238.51. They charged me for all 5 keys, but they only gave me 2! So, I flipped out, and the service manager, who was helping me, said he had no clue what was going on with my car, and the service adviser that I'd been talking too wasn't there, and wouldn't be back until Monday. He said that if I paid for all 5, they would find them and give them to me. After I explained to him that I only wanted 1 extra in addition to the original, he told me that I wouldn't have to be forced to buy all 5, and they would refund me for the other 3 keys if I wanted. This is all cluster effed as of right now, so I wait until Monday and make some angry phone calls.

And btw, they are Lincoln blanks, and have the M8 stamped on them.

Tell them to eat the other three keys, it's not your problem in any which way that they can only order 5, they are still sold individually, not in 5 packs....

The paperwork says I paid $138.95 for 5 keys, and that was at dealer cost. The list for all 5 is $148.95. I don't do math.... so someone figure it out lol.

And yes, they are square headed Lincoln blanks with the M8 stamped on them. I only have the 2 as of right now, so I don't know if they other 3 were already cut and programmed for my car, which if they were, their useless to you.

Yea, that sounds about right. I was really tired and didn't feel like thinking at the time.

Ok, so if they end up "finding" these other keys I already paid for, and their not already cut and programmed, then yes, you can have 1 or 2 for $25 each + shipping.

Members online

No members online now.
Back