Getting a new key cut...

If there was never a Gen 1, then there would never be the Gen 2.
Sometimes you have to think outside the box..

By the info I have collected and experience I have gained, the 97's are 1 key programming and some early 98's are 1 key programming. Ford switched to the second gen PATS sometime in 98 on the Mark. If you have a 97 and it takes 2 keys to program it, the module has more than likely been replaced sometime with an updated one.

That method seems slightly too ghetto for me. I'll just have it done at the dealership, lol.

This is somewhat related, when I bought a used '95 MKVIII, it had no trunk key. The indoor button works, and the door button works. A replacement key, at the lowest cost so far, was $45.00. I'll just keep pushing the buttons.

Another reason to have a First Gen.

you sure about that? because i could start your first gen with no keys in about 6 seconds, and dont think i am joking because i have done it to hundreds of first gens i bought from the auction that had no keys. all i need is a flathead, you wont start no gen 2 with a flathead. good thing the first gens were on the cash for clunkers list, and not the countries most popular stolen cars list. BOOOO YAHHHHHHHHH

So, I brought the Mark to Marcotte Ford at 9 this morning, Saturday. I was there for 2 hours until the service adviser came over and told me, they erased the current key, and now since they didn't have 2 keys that worked, that was that, and it wasn't going anywhere. So, turns out Ford of Greenfield sold me the wrong key AGAIN! So, Marcotte gave me a 2011 Escape to drive until they get the keys in, and can get everything working correctly. What a friggen pain in the ass!!!! Just for some keys!

wow dude are you serious? all this bull:q:q:q:q over a :q:q:q:qing key. why did you have such a hard on for a 2nd key, if you arent stupid you only need 1 key!! shari's 98 only has one key, sep. 11th was one year i have owned it, havent lost the key, havent locked it in the car, havent needed any other keys. my 97 has 2 keys but one is in an envelope with the title in my closet, 2 years i have owned it and never touched the other key. lol sorry little nephew but you brought this non-needed dilema on yourself. 1 key is all you need, not a loaner because ford are a bunch of :q:q:q:q tards

Not sure if my 2nd is a factory spare but its the square style with the lincoln symbol on the plastic and m8 stamped at the base of the actual key.

Oh well. I'm not worried about it. I have the Escape until they fix it, so if it takes a while, then so be it.

i hope to god if they try slipping you a bill you raise hell, if they erased your pats its their fault you shouldnt have to pay anything except the original programming for the key. jesus christ and its a ford dealer they are supposed to know what they are doing WOW.

Oh, trust me. I already talked to them about that. I'm getting charged for the programming, and the 2 new keys they are ordering, so I guess it is what it is.

Yes, I understand your point. But also, like was said before, I rather have it be a pain in the ass to get a key cut, knowing my car is 10x harder to steal then yours.... if they chose that route.

Oh, trust me. I already talked to them about that. I'm getting charged for the programming, and the 2 new keys they are ordering, so I guess it is what it is.

Like I said before, another reason to have a First Gen.

And if it weren't for retarded tech's and parts counter salesmen non of this would've happened.

asking why someone would want more than 1 key is a pretty dumb question.

its like asking someone why they need a spare tire in the trunk.

good luck with the 2nd key ,and enjoy the escape for now.

And if it weren't for retarded tech's and parts counter salesmen non of this would've happened.

Exactly. Thank you

asking why someone would want more than 1 key is a pretty dumb question.

its like asking someone why they need a spare tire in the trunk.

good luck with the 2nd key ,and enjoy the escape for now.

I do agree, haha.

sorry i must be a complete :q:q:q:qing moron then because i got one key, and no spare in my trunk. but i only have one key because no one but me drives it, so i dont need a spare key, it has keyless entry if i ever lock the key in it, which i never have, and my keys are hooked on my belt loop 24/7 and i dont carry a spare tire because i am so badass that i put brakes on my car that are way too big for the stock spare to fit on the car. if you want moe i'll send you a box of gen 2 keys that are in my garage and 6 spare donuts you would be king with all them extra's!

if you want moe i'll send you a box of gen 2 keys that are in my garage and 6 spare donuts you would be king with all them extra's!

No thanks, i have a spare and several extra keys for my car.

and i am not calling anyone a moron, just saying it is a reasonable thing for a person to want more than one key for their baby.

yeah but andy is my nephew so i can bust his balls all i want, in fact andy, you might want like 10 keys since you have a touch of down syndrome you might lose them all!!! chris you like that didnt you about me being badass, lol sometimes random stuff i write actually is funny. andy look at my avatar to the left!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back