Big Sur California - Bixby Bridge Pics

xford

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Spending some time over the holiday weekend in Carmel :D Decided to take a few pics at the Bixby Bridge. This spot gets a bunch of auto photos because Car & Driver and Road & Track use this spot to shoot new cars when they do test runs from SoCal to NorCal...

DSCN1308-1.jpg

DSCN1306-1.jpg

DSCN1303.jpg

DSCN1301.jpg

DSCN1304-1.jpg

Edit: Sorry on the links I was doing this from the road

Very nice looking LS, and great location for pics. Good job taking the photos too.
I like the 3rd (DSCN1301) and 4th (DSCN1304-1) the best.

What an awesome location for a photoshoot. Jealous!

The last one is the best.

The first photo is kind of a mindfuck, the dirt patch just to the right of the rocks looks like a river passing under the bridge.

You took your LS on a dirt road?

Very nice location and pictures! I love driving that road! I just wish we lived closer.

You took your LS on a dirt road?.

HA HA remember its an LS not a Lamborghini...that said we didn't get too far before clearance became an issue :shifty:

Afterwards headed to the Woodside area and took her thru the paces on Skyline Blvd (Hwy 35) along with mostly motorcycles and bicycles. After the twisties when we stopped for lunch my rotor pros were literally smoking hot...appears they held up ok though...and better yet averaged 22.6mpg over 200 miles including some full throttle:)

Bad news was on the way back down Hwy 1 got hit with the old CHP radar to the tune of 81 mph in a 55 zone...that one's going to hurt:bash::bash: Time to consider a Valentine One!

Damn! Pic 1 FTW! Your LS is looking great! Gotta love those white LS :cool:

Skyline Blvd absolutely rocks! Too bad I am always driving a rental when I use that road. I rented an LS there out of SJC airport in 2001, which is how I first learned that the LS existed. Imagine my joy when I saw that they sold them with a manual transmission! I owned one just 6 months later, and have owned one non-stop since then. I need to get out on that road again, probably with a WRX or an Sti though. That would be the balls. Good shots, man.

I can't see pic one, someone describe it to me. Damn work computers and not always showing pics.

i can no longer see it either, i think it was deleted
edit: its back

someone describe it to me.
ok let me give it a try from what i remember, first off there was a white car (kinda like the cars in the rest of the pictures), then there is a big @ss bridge (almost exactly like the bridges in all of the other pictures) i think there was even a sky in it. :rolleyes:ROFL

Great pics! Little tip for next time: Bring a spritz bottle of plain water. When you stop to take the pics, mist the tire treads. It will tone down the dust in the pic. Just make sure to keep it light on the spraying. you don't want to see puddles of water at the base of the wheel.

Not that it's a big deal, just one of those little things that turn a great picture into an epic picture.

i can no longer see it either, i think it was deleted

ok let me give it a try from what i remember, first off there was a white car (kinda like the cars in the rest of the pictures), then there is a big @ss bridge (almost exactly like the bridges in all of the other pictures) i think there was even a sky in it. :rolleyes:ROFL

Thats what I figuired, but I didn't know if it had a sweet angle or a different vew of the back round....

Members online

No members online now.
Back