Question about custom tuning:

Ghaleon64

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Where the heck would I go to get one? :)

Also, what kind of tuning should I ask for? I know nothing of this type of thing and am interested in souping up my ride.

Wow, REALLY?! Thank you SO MUCH!

Any real answers out there in the wide blue yonder?

The answers lie in the search function. You will not get any other answers to your questions until you search them first.

I got my tune from ILLs. but a dude named Torie does it also, the tune hardware is SCT Xcal3

^^^
Whoa, whoa, whoa! I haven't searched yet! Seriously, thanks for just answering. I hate it when everyone is just like, "Use search!"

I hate using search. I type in a keyword and get 50,000 responses UNRELATED to my search keyword. So I simply ask here and it's real easy to answer so I'm glad someone did. Thank you. Chris, you are The Best. :D

^^^
Whoa, whoa, whoa! I haven't searched yet! Seriously, thanks for just answering. I hate it when everyone is just like, "Use search!"

I hate using search. I type in a keyword and get 50,000 responses UNRELATED to my search keyword. So I simply ask here and it's real easy to answer so I'm glad someone did. Thank you. Chris, you are The Best. :D

And not using the search causes this because people just post new topics. We also hate answering the same question ad-nauseam.

dont get mad at me because your lazy, you've been a member for over four months, and in that time there has been a fist full of tuning threads, i have a hard time believing that of the 50,000 threads that show up in a search, that 48,000 didnt have all the exact same information.

i mean if you really are retarded, then just let us know up front and we can do all the work for you, you dont even have to lift a finger.

just for fun i did a regular search of the word tuning in just the LS section, and one of the results had the info right on the first page of results, then i tried searching by just title, and the word tuning and half of the results were for engine tuning. so if you dont want to look like a rookie tool, you might want to do your self a favor and look for yourself and not revealing to the world that you need to be spoon fed everything like a ba by

Are you wanting a custom dyno tune or a handheld tuner? Check around at your local speed shops and see what they say. A dyno tune may be more beneficial, but I've never heard of anyone getting one done.

Wait, wait... I'M the lazy one for joining a FORUM to ask QUESTIONS to REAL PEOPLE?

I think the real question is, why the hell did YOU GUYS join these forums if you didn't want to talk Lincolns? And in talking you must assume that people will have questions and, God forbid, might want you to share your personal experiences with them. Get off my back.

How hard is it to post a link and say, "Here! I bought from these guys! They're great!" and answer a simple question and go to bed knowing you helped someone vs. "Look it up your DAMN SELF, lazy jerk RETARD..." to a total stranger? Show some decency folks... And yay for name calling like a 4 year old little girl. Not really sure how my response was me getting mad at you but whatever. Sounds to me like you're getting upset at ME to be fair.

Again, thanks ChrisTheBest for NOT being a douche. You guys see what he did there? He gave me a one line, 20 word answer right away that pointed me in the right direction. Probably took him a good 37 seconds to type it. That so hard? No? OK then.

BTW, I work for a paratransit company so using the word retarded REALLY pisses me off. And it's BABY. No space there.

Wait, wait... I'M the lazy one for joining a FORUM to ask QUESTIONS to REAL PEOPLE?

I think the real question is, why the hell did YOU GUYS join these forums if you didn't want to talk Lincolns? And in talking you must assume that people will have questions and, God forbid, might want you to share your personal experiences with them. Get off my back.

How hard is it to post a link and say, "Here! I bought from these guys! They're great!" and answer a simple question and go to bed knowing you helped someone vs. "Look it up your DAMN SELF, lazy jerk RETARD..." to a total stranger? Show some decency folks... And yay for name calling like a 4 year old little girl. Not really sure how my response was me getting mad at you but whatever. Sounds to me like you're getting upset at ME to be fair.

Again, thanks ChrisTheBest for NOT being a douche. You guys see what he did there? He gave me a one line, 20 word answer right away that pointed me in the right direction. Probably took him a good 37 seconds to type it. That so hard? No? OK then.

BTW, I work for a paratransit company so using the word retarded REALLY pisses me off. And it's BABY. No space there.

You have captured the essence of this forum, welcome aboard. At least now you know what you are up against.

so you expect everybody to do all the homework for you, when you wont even put in the five minutes to help yourself? most of us dont have a problem lending a little assistance to people who can at least show a little Initiative.

but instead you would rather clog up the search feature that you complained about even more.

Uh, let's think about this for a sec 1LoudBS. As soon as I typed in the word "TUNE" anywhere in my posts here it's going to now become an article that can potentially pop up the next time someone searches the word "TUNE". So the reality is that instead of you actually giving someone who has no idea what a tune even is a decent answer which WOULD show up again in a future search and might actually HELP with the cause you mentioned of not cluttering the search feature with BS topics you had to be like you were and only further proceeded to ensure that there is now at least 1 more topic under the search that will help no one because everyone here decided to withhold their knowledge and instead insult a self-described noob. So point that finger at yourself the next time you want to blame someone for ruining the search feature. I asked a simple question AFTER searching (which I did and since I had no idea what I was looking at because all the results I found were very technical) and thought it'd be easier to get a face-to-face answer with someone with no-how.

I didn't start this topic to piss everyone off or even irritate anyone. I haven't owned many vehicles and my Mark VIII came with custom exhaust and a K&N when I bought it so this will be the first car I've owned that I want to fix up. I believe I made it clear in my FIRST POST that I'm new to this and have no idea where to even start. That was the basis of my original question. I realize now it sounded pretty stupid the way I worded it but again, new guy! So stop picking on people that are just starting out doing the things you've done for years. I guarantee at some point you were all new to this and had to have someone else show you where to start and long drawn out technical answers are hard to decipher unless you know what's up, right?

And if you'd just answer these simple, simple questions then the search feature would be MUCH less cluttered.

search button sucks.. i found more info from Searching google and getting sent to a juaguar forum then here..

Uh, let's think about this for a sec 1LoudBS. As soon as I typed in the word "TUNE" anywhere in my posts here it's going to now become an article that can potentially pop up the next time someone searches the word "TUNE". So the reality is that instead of you actually giving someone who has no idea what a tune even is a decent answer which WOULD show up again in a future search and might actually HELP with the cause you mentioned of not cluttering the search feature with BS topics you had to be like you were and only further proceeded to ensure that there is now at least 1 more topic under the search that will help no one because everyone here decided to withhold their knowledge and instead insult a self-described noob. So point that finger at yourself the next time you want to blame someone for ruining the search feature. I asked a simple question AFTER searching (which I did and since I had no idea what I was looking at because all the results I found were very technical) and thought it'd be easier to get a face-to-face answer with someone with no-how.

I didn't start this topic to piss everyone off or even irritate anyone. I haven't owned many vehicles and my Mark VIII came with custom exhaust and a K&N when I bought it so this will be the first car I've owned that I want to fix up. I believe I made it clear in my FIRST POST that I'm new to this and have no idea where to even start. That was the basis of my original question. I realize now it sounded pretty stupid the way I worded it but again, new guy! So stop picking on people that are just starting out doing the things you've done for years. I guarantee at some point you were all new to this and had to have someone else show you where to start and long drawn out technical answers are hard to decipher unless you know what's up, right?

And if you'd just answer these simple, simple questions then the search feature would be MUCH less cluttered.

Your missing the point Ghaleon. There is a ton of information on this site that would be really helpful to you and any other "noob" that shows up here. If you take the time to read through some of these post you will learn everything you need to know. Then you can add your .02 to that thread if you feel you need to. That keeps the thread count down on stupid questions that show up in "your" search. Had you just posted to one of the other Tuner threads this would be an issue, and kept this one from adding to the list. There are many great threads out there on this subject by guys that know what there talking about... but they get lost by people like you who dont want to look for them. I assure you youll learn alot more about you LS (and cars overall if you do this) .... or Dont and keep fighting a losing battle... thats the nicest way i can put it.

no, actually if every greenhorn searched and found there answer instead of creating another redundant thread about something that has been covered many many times, then the search feature would be less cluttered

I guarantee at some point you were all new to this and had to have someone else show you where to start

are you sure about that? go ahead and look at my statistics, and check for me. this was the very first forum i have ever joined and i have only created four threads. one introduction thread, one showing a cool car off for sale, one telling everybody about DD dash kits finally being made (people no longer had to cut up a factory nav bezel to put in aftermarket nav systems) and one asking a question that i have never seen asked before or since then. yet i have had a huge amount of questions all which have been covered before and was able to get answered through searching. i have had many things break on my cars, all of which i was able to fix by searching for the solutions, most of the time i even found answers to questions i didn't even know i had to ask yet.

as the same questions get asked over and over, the most knowledgeable people on here, get tired of explaining everything over and over, so eventually they stop giving great complete and thorough answers, then you get left with either half answers or secondhand responses being parroted out often with misinformation included at no extra charge. this is also a huge reason for recommending that people search instead of creating new threads. but bottom line, do what ever you want, if you don't feel like searching, then don't, just don't complain about the answers you get.

long drawn out technical answers are hard to decipher unless you know what's up, right?
not really, if i don't understand something, then i will read even more about it until i do under stand it. also, if you don't understand the answer to a question, then you probably don't have any business asking it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back